The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy side effects.

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy side effects.

Participant

I finished my lasy yervoy 10 mg treatment almost 3 weeks ago. I got through the first 3 with minimal side efffects but my luck ran out as I was expecting. colitis, fatigue, nausea and abdominal pain. I began urinating blood which clears up through the day with water consumption. I know this is a rare side effect but was wondering if any other ipi users experienced this during or after the ipi treatments? I see my onco on Wed and will tell him but has anyone else experienced this side effect? 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Hi Lee, just curious if they have started you on steroids yet? for the colitis. I am not sure if I have the spelling correct but I have heard a few experts talk about using" infliximab" to help resolve colitis for ipi users. I would think it would be smart also to contact your Oncologist's nurse about the blood in urine!!!! Best wishes!!!!Ed

ed williams
          Participant

Hi Lee, just curious if they have started you on steroids yet? for the colitis. I am not sure if I have the spelling correct but I have heard a few experts talk about using" infliximab" to help resolve colitis for ipi users. I would think it would be smart also to contact your Oncologist's nurse about the blood in urine!!!! Best wishes!!!!Ed

Lee Parlier
              Participant

I haven't started anything yet. I will see doc Wednesday and get the steroids for the colitis and let them address the blood in urine then. Gotta love this disease and the treatments!

Lee Parlier
                Participant

I haven't started anything yet. I will see doc Wednesday and get the steroids for the colitis and let them address the blood in urine then. Gotta love this disease and the treatments!

Lee Parlier
                  Participant

ed williams
                  Participant

Scooby123
                    Participant

Hi Lee,

I had ippi over a year ago but not 10mg only 3mg. I did not get the side effects you having but speak too your oncologist regarding issues you having and hopfully get on top of them.

All the best

Scooby123

Scooby123
                      Participant

Hi Lee,

I had ippi over a year ago but not 10mg only 3mg. I did not get the side effects you having but speak too your oncologist regarding issues you having and hopfully get on top of them.

All the best

Scooby123

Scooby123
                        Participant

Hi Lee,

All the best

Scooby123

Mat
                          Participant

Lee, I wouldn't wait for your regularly-scheduled appt for steroids.  You should be on steroids within 24 hours of uncontrolled diarrhea.

Mat
                            Participant

Lee, I wouldn't wait for your regularly-scheduled appt for steroids.  You should be on steroids within 24 hours of uncontrolled diarrhea.

Mat
                              Participant

JuTMSY4
                                  Participant

I second this.  I did not have any major or even minor side effects.  However, my docs were very clear to call if I had any of the issues you mentioned.  

JuTMSY4
                                    Participant

I second this.  I did not have any major or even minor side effects.  However, my docs were very clear to call if I had any of the issues you mentioned.  

JuTMSY4
                                      Participant

Lee Parlier
                                      Participant

Got steroids for colitis but as I suspected, Doc is worried about bloody urine. Three options, Yervoy side effect, Bladder infection or bladder cancer. Gave urine sample but as my luck has gone the past month, not really considering the first 2 options very seriously. 

Lee Parlier
                                        Participant

Got steroids for colitis but as I suspected, Doc is worried about bloody urine. Three options, Yervoy side effect, Bladder infection or bladder cancer. Gave urine sample but as my luck has gone the past month, not really considering the first 2 options very seriously. 

Lee Parlier
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics