The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy – how long in system?

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy – how long in system?

Participant

Does anyone know how long this drug stays in your system once you have finished treatment? 

Thanks! 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        MoiraM
        Participant

The half life of Yervoy is 14.7 days, which means that, on average, half of it has gone from a person's system in 14.7 days after an infusion.

This does not mean that it is active for 14.7 days. I do not know how long it is active.

Also, Yervoy (ipi) affects the immune system (activates a sub-set of T-cells) and this effect can last a long time.

I had my last treatment at the end of June 2015 but I had a month-long outbreak of 'Ipi rash' and diarrhoea in Septmber/October 2015.

As many people will tell you, responders can have tumour-shrinkage months after the actual treatment has finished.

MoiraM
          Participant

The half life of Yervoy is 14.7 days, which means that, on average, half of it has gone from a person's system in 14.7 days after an infusion.

This does not mean that it is active for 14.7 days. I do not know how long it is active.

Also, Yervoy (ipi) affects the immune system (activates a sub-set of T-cells) and this effect can last a long time.

I had my last treatment at the end of June 2015 but I had a month-long outbreak of 'Ipi rash' and diarrhoea in Septmber/October 2015.

As many people will tell you, responders can have tumour-shrinkage months after the actual treatment has finished.

MoiraM
            Participant

Scooby123
              Participant

Hi ,

i finished ippi last June 2015 I have till my previous scan been stable but got a met in brain. I asked if ippi is not working then due to me having a brain met they said it is but in other areas. So a bit puzzled with answer.

i am having gamma knife Monday to treat it hoping to zap it completely praying .

scooby123❤️

Hikeratheart
                  Participant
                    Scooby, just want you to know I’m hoping & praying for you that they zap all of it!
                    Kathy
                    Hikeratheart
                    Participant
                      Scooby, just want you to know I’m hoping & praying for you that they zap all of it!
                      Kathy
                      Hikeratheart
                      Participant
                        Kathy
                        Momofjake
                        Participant

Prayers for your fast recovery and clean scans!! 

Momofjake
                          Participant

Momofjake
                            Participant

mkirkland
                              Participant

I hate to hear that for u!! Best of luck – I hope things go great!!! Sending prayers! 

mkirkland
                                Participant

I hate to hear that for u!! Best of luck – I hope things go great!!! Sending prayers! 

mkirkland
                                  Participant

Scooby123
                                  Participant

Hi ,

i finished ippi last June 2015 I have till my previous scan been stable but got a met in brain. I asked if ippi is not working then due to me having a brain met they said it is but in other areas. So a bit puzzled with answer.

i am having gamma knife Monday to treat it hoping to zap it completely praying .

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                    Participant

Hi ,

scooby123❤️

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics