The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What does it feel like when Mel. goes into a bone?

Forums General Melanoma Community What does it feel like when Mel. goes into a bone?

Participant

Can anyone describe what it feels like when Melanoma goes into a bone? Does the bone hurt? Does the bone hurt if pressed on? Or does it not hurt physically?

I most likely have arthritis developing in my clavicle / shoulder bone (PET scan showed uptake there but a CT scan (without contrast) didn't find anything unusual), however, my melanoma lymph nodes were only inches away from there. So both myself and my Oncologist are a little anxious for the next scan in 3 months.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant
          I had disease in lower jaw bone and didn’t feel a thing. Best, Paul
          Jubes
          Participant

I have had lots of arthritis probs in my neck, clavicle, arms and shoulders and recently had uptake in the nodes in my neck/clavicle. My onc couldn't feel anything and we are biopsying another spot that has also had strong uptake in my chest. I will know after my bronchoscope if it's Mel or inflammation but I just wanted you to know that all the docs think it could be inflammation. It's been very tender and painful. 

dodgedh2
            Participant

I was diagnosed at Stage 4 with a met to the bone (sacrum). I had absolutly NO symtoms, other than exhaustion and night sweats.

MovingOn
              Participant

Thank you for all the replies.

My bone has a hurt feeling to it, and it definitely hurts if I push on it. So those seem like good signs that it is arthritis rather than Mel.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics