The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – my mom is dead

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – my mom is dead

Participant

My mom died on Wednesday, February 22, 2012.  I can't believe it.  I really don't know what else to say.  My mom is gone. 

My mom died on Wednesday, February 22, 2012.  I can't believe it.  I really don't know what else to say.  My mom is gone. 

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  She had been through so much, as have you.  I know how hard it is to lose your mom, and I hope you can find peace in your memories of wonderful times with her.  Take care.

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  She had been through so much, as have you.  I know how hard it is to lose your mom, and I hope you can find peace in your memories of wonderful times with her.  Take care.

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

I am deeply saddened to read this. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Frank from Australia

melissa ann
                    Participant

I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I can hear the grief in your post.  Peace to you.  Thoughts and prayers to you. 

Melissa

melissa ann
                      Participant

I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I can hear the grief in your post.  Peace to you.  Thoughts and prayers to you. 

Melissa

melissa ann
                        Participant

Melissa

Lori C
                          Participant

I am so sorry.  I know – there are sometimes no more words, especially after a fight laced with hope and devastation.

Lori, caregiver to Will

Lori C
                            Participant

I am so sorry.  I know – there are sometimes no more words, especially after a fight laced with hope and devastation.

Lori, caregiver to Will

Lori C
                              Participant

Lori, caregiver to Will

Gene_S
                                Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  Find comfort in your memories of things you and your Mom did and keep her close to your heart.  Losing a Mom is a hard thing to do.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  Find comfort in your memories of things you and your Mom did and keep her close to your heart.  Losing a Mom is a hard thing to do.

Gene_S
                                    Participant

TSchulz
                                      Participant

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you are able to find comfort from all who loved her and all who love you!

TSchulz
                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you are able to find comfort from all who loved her and all who love you!

TSchulz
                                          Participant

aldakota22
                                            Participant

Very  sad for your loss. Know that you did evrthing you could.Prayers with  you.  Al

aldakota22
                                              Participant

Very  sad for your loss. Know that you did evrthing you could.Prayers with  you.  Al

aldakota22
                                                Participant

Fen
                                                  Participant

Deepest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time. Prayers to all of you. Fen

Fen
                                                    Participant

Deepest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time. Prayers to all of you. Fen

Fen
                                                      Participant

blairashley
                                                        Participant

I am so, so sorry. I, too, have recently lost a parent and understand what you are feeling. There are no words… Take care of yourself.

blairashley
                                                          Participant

I am so, so sorry. I, too, have recently lost a parent and understand what you are feeling. There are no words… Take care of yourself.

blairashley
                                                            Participant

Cate
                                                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  This disease took my father and I know how you must be feeling.  Your mother was lucky to have you. Just try and hold on too all of the good memories.

Cate
                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  This disease took my father and I know how you must be feeling.  Your mother was lucky to have you. Just try and hold on too all of the good memories.

Cate
                                                                  Participant

Whitdonmike
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      So sorry to hear about your mother. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family
                                                                      Whitdonmike
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        So sorry to hear about your mother. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family
                                                                        Whitdonmike
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          lhaley
                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry of the pain you are going through with right now. Your mother is out of pain but your heart is still broken.  Surround yourself with good memories.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry of the pain you are going through with right now. Your mother is out of pain but your heart is still broken.  Surround yourself with good memories.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                              Participant

Linda

runnergirl
                                                                                Participant

You have joined the sad ranks of "Motherless Daughters".  You will always miss her and missing her is an honor to your relationship.  Never a day goes by that I don't want to tell my Mother something about this or that, but I tell her in my heart.  I had a good grief counselor from hospice, then group.  Hope you will find your path to peace and acceptance.

runnergirl
                                                                                  Participant

You have joined the sad ranks of "Motherless Daughters".  You will always miss her and missing her is an honor to your relationship.  Never a day goes by that I don't want to tell my Mother something about this or that, but I tell her in my heart.  I had a good grief counselor from hospice, then group.  Hope you will find your path to peace and acceptance.

runnergirl
                                                                                    Participant

Kelli100299
                                                                                      Participant

My prayers go out to you. So sorry to hear of your loss. Kelli

Kelli100299
                                                                                        Participant

Kelli100299
                                                                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                            Participant

I'm sure that you were as lucky to have had your Mom as she was to have had you.  You did all that you could for her.  While you and your loved ones are and will be in pain, be glad that Mom's pain and fears are gone.  Dwell on the joys that you shared and share them with other loved  one.  Her life  is gone from this earth, but your Mom will be here as long as she is fondly rememberd by y'all.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                              Participant

I'm sure that you were as lucky to have had your Mom as she was to have had you.  You did all that you could for her.  While you and your loved ones are and will be in pain, be glad that Mom's pain and fears are gone.  Dwell on the joys that you shared and share them with other loved  one.  Her life  is gone from this earth, but your Mom will be here as long as she is fondly rememberd by y'all.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                Participant

gabsound
                                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry that you have lost your mother.

I have lost my father, a brother and my Mother. By far for me, that one was the most difficult. The relationship you have is so intimate. All the nurturing she has given over your life and then all the love, care and nurturing you have given her. It's a special bond. My heart goes out to you.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                    Participant

I have lost my father, a brother and my Mother. By far for me, that one was the most difficult. The relationship you have is so intimate. All the nurturing she has given over your life and then all the love, care and nurturing you have given her. It's a special bond. My heart goes out to you.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                      Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I will be thinkinig about you and praying for you in these difficult times.  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I will be thinkinig about you and praying for you in these difficult times.  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                                            Participant

David

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics