The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Survived Scanxiety & Heading to Paris!

Forums General Melanoma Community Survived Scanxiety & Heading to Paris!

Participant

Dear Fellow Warriors:

I lost my password and email to these boards so haven't posted for awhile, but I think of all of you so often and always want to share my news (good or bad) with family first, then you guys second!

So today I am sharing that 2 months away from my 2-year mark on this horrendous melanoma roller coaster ride, I am happy to say my husband and I finally feel stable enough to schedule our fall anniversary trip to Paris!

This after a plague of severe side effects from ipi/nivo during the 4-combos of my first year, 5 brain mets that resulted in 2 gamma knifes, 2 craniotomies back-to-back last summer (June 16 & July 19), and a 5-day partial brain cyberknife following the operations. Will updated. Legacy contemplated. The 5 stages of grief knocked off at least twice.

All this, and MY SCANS ARE CLEAR!!

My news after a week of MRI/CT results: No New Anything 🙂

Paris, here we come.

New and seasoned warriors, hang in there. There is Hope, and then some!

P.S. I am not an easy patient. I ask questions. I research. I ask more questions. I get second opinions. And I rely on these boards a great deal for research, community, and anectodal guidance. Thank you MRF & all of you for being there (here). 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant
          Outstanding! Enjoy
          jennunicorn
          Participant

Congrats Maria, you definitely deserve a vacation! Bon voyage!

snow white
            Participant

Such fantastic news!!  Congrats to you and your family.  I am hoping to schedule our 30th Anniversary trip to Europe in the Fall, hopfully Dad stays stable and I will feel comfortable leaving.  Sounds like we will be going about the same time as you.

Jen

Maria C
                Participant

Thanks Jen, I sure hope your Dad stays stable too. Didn't think we'd be able to stop the jiffy pop, but at least for now, we have!

Scooby123
                Participant

So pleased for you Hun now go and enjoy your trip well deserved.

scooby

Hukill
                  Participant

Great news, now on the other hand if you have never been to Paris be very leary of crime, especially pick pockets. Just had a friend write me and said he thought he had landed in Syria instead of Paris.

jbronicki
                    Participant

toutes nos félicitations!  I had to google this but thought a french congratulations appropriate!  Congrats on the clear scans and enjoy Paris!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics