The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still NED after nearly 3 years

Forums General Melanoma Community Still NED after nearly 3 years

Participant
      Hi All

I’ve been neglecting you all as I have been juggling all my doctors appointments with work and FUN!! Just had CT and still NED. Hope this gives some hope to those struggling as I was given 6 months in 2014. My joint problems are improving after using humira for 12 months and we are even going to try going off it and see what happens. You will always be my family and I will never forget all the help and support I got from this site! Anne-Louise

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant
          Yes! That’s what we like to hear! Congratulations on NED and less joint pain

Best, Paul

Bubbles
          Participant
            YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all such wonderful news – NED, joints improving, work and PLAY!!! YAY indeed!!! Good luck going off Humira! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Big hugs!! love, les
            lkb
            Participant
              Inspiring and encouraging–thanks for posting!
              marta010
              Participant
                So uplifting and encouraging! Glad you’re living life and that the pain is diminishing. Enjoy!
                Ann
                SOLE
                Participant
                  From a composer/conductor to a viola player (me to you!) beating melanoma is like being able to play (or conduct) the Rite of Spring by heart witout EVER missing a beat or a meter change, isn’t it? Anne-Louise, your 3 year NED aligns with mine although not from the same stage (4 for you and 2 for me) and although we’re heading towards fall here in Canada, you are headed towards spring in Australia and I woke up with a Clément Janequin SATB a capella piece I used to sing in my early years of learning called “Le chant des oiseaux “. You are that song! “Reveillez-vous, coeurs endormis, le Dieu d’amour vous sonne!” I wish I culd have meet with you back in 2017 when I was down under. Toutes mes félicitations!
                  Scooby123
                  Participant
                    Hi Jubes , so nice of you to drop in. So pleased you are still NED. I find working helps me live a normal life as can be. Taking one day at a time. Keep updating and enjoy your life.
                    Scooby
                    BillB
                    Participant
                      CONGRATS!!!!!!! Hope the joint pain also disappears.
                      Bill
                      MelMel
                      Participant
                        Congratulations and continued best wishes! Thank you for sharing such wonderful news.
                        Melanie
                        Affected
                        Participant
                          Hi Jubes,

Thank you so much for your post. It’s almost 3 months since my husband was diagnosed with melanoma, and it’s finally sunk in that there is hope. I have this forum to thank for this and all the people like you who take the time and trouble to post both the bad and the good. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

May you continue to be busy with work and FUN for many more decades…
                          Affected

MMH
                          Participant
                            Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

MMH

ourvan
                            Participant
                              thank you for taking the time to report this great news, and may all good things continue. When I was first diagnosed and stumbled upon this forum, I was heartened to see hopeful posts and new possibilities. I know how much peace it brought me, and I’m sure that your news will bring peace to others finding their way here. Cheers!
                              laurie
                              Jubes
                              Participant
                                Thank you all and much love!!
                            Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics