The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still here – clean scans this week!

Forums General Melanoma Community Still here – clean scans this week!

Participant

The report from my semi-annual CT scan and Brain MRI showed that I'm still NED according to my Onc at DFCI.  Nice way to start the new year.  Great considering the Stage IV diagnosis back in the fall of 2005. See my PatNet/history for all the details of treatments, etc over the years.  For those still very much in the fight, there is always hope.  Hang in there!

-Rocco, Stage IV in 2005, Ipi (MDX-010) responder

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Rocco,

Congratulations!!  I am so happy that you posted this wonderful news.  As you might remember, I advanced to Stage IV in 7/05 and I'm still here, too.  Hang onto hope!

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

mwcollins
            Participant

That news warms my heart in ways you probably understand better than anyone.  My husband just advanced to stage 4 this month, with a met in his small bowel.  We are scheduled for surgery on 2/4 and then anticipating some sort of adjuvant therapy after.  We are looking into ipi, antipd-1 (if he can get into the trial w/ a resected stage 4 met), or the new combo drugs if he is BRAF positive.  Either way, the treatments are getting better and better, and hearing people doing so incredibly well gives me such wonderful hope that my husband has a long promising life ahead of him!!  Congratulations to both of you!

mwcollins
              Participant

That news warms my heart in ways you probably understand better than anyone.  My husband just advanced to stage 4 this month, with a met in his small bowel.  We are scheduled for surgery on 2/4 and then anticipating some sort of adjuvant therapy after.  We are looking into ipi, antipd-1 (if he can get into the trial w/ a resected stage 4 met), or the new combo drugs if he is BRAF positive.  Either way, the treatments are getting better and better, and hearing people doing so incredibly well gives me such wonderful hope that my husband has a long promising life ahead of him!!  Congratulations to both of you!

mwcollins
                Participant

King
                Participant

Rocco,

Congratulations!!  I am so happy that you posted this wonderful news.  As you might remember, I advanced to Stage IV in 7/05 and I'm still here, too.  Hang onto hope!

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Rocco,

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Jahendry12
                    Participant

Excellent news!  Thanks for posting. 

Jahendry12
                      Participant

Jahendry12
                        Participant

POW
                          Participant

That is great news, Rocco! Good for you! You're a "grand old man" in the melanoma arena.

Thank you for bringing such an upbeat message to your fellow warriors. 

POW
                            Participant

That is great news, Rocco! Good for you! You're a "grand old man" in the melanoma arena.

Phil S
                                Participant

Rocco,  So happy to see your post and your wonderful and encouraging news! You Go Girl!!!  I always wonder how you are doing since we both go to Dana Farber and Dr Hodi!  My husband is still doing well since TIL in Houston, and Dr Hodi has been so pleased with his response! We want to join your ranks of being a long term Stage 4 warrior living a good life! Thanks for the reminder of the possibilities!  All the best, Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                                  Participant

Rocco,  So happy to see your post and your wonderful and encouraging news! You Go Girl!!!  I always wonder how you are doing since we both go to Dana Farber and Dr Hodi!  My husband is still doing well since TIL in Houston, and Dr Hodi has been so pleased with his response! We want to join your ranks of being a long term Stage 4 warrior living a good life! Thanks for the reminder of the possibilities!  All the best, Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                                    Participant

POW
                                    Participant

smileyYou GO Girl !!!  Wonderful to read how well you are doing.  I also go to DFCI..same Drs. also.

Maybe, we will go on the same day sometime.  I am an every month appointment…on  Zelboraf

for about 26 months.  Pancrease cleared up!! along with other areas.  Much Gratitude here. Best wishes.

smileyYou GO Girl !!!  Wonderful to read how well you are doing.  I also go to DFCI..same Drs. also.

Maybe, we will go on the same day sometime.  I am an every month appointment…on  Zelboraf

for about 26 months.  Pancrease cleared up!! along with other areas.  Much Gratitude here. Best wishes.

Maureen038
                                        Participant

Congratulations to you!! Wonderful news!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                          Participant

Maureen

Maureen038
                                            Participant

Maureen

Tina D
                                            Participant

AWESOME!!  laugh

Congratulations~

Tina

Tina D
                                              Participant

AWESOME!!  laugh

Congratulations~

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

AWESOME!!  laugh

Congratulations~

Tina

LibbyinVA
                                                  Participant

What WONDERFUL news. Thanks so much for sharing. Everyone here loves to hear great news…gives so much hope! I am super happy for you!

– LibbyinVA (IIIb, NED since 2006)

LibbyinVA
                                                    Participant

What WONDERFUL news. Thanks so much for sharing. Everyone here loves to hear great news…gives so much hope! I am super happy for you!

LibbyinVA
                                                      Participant

KRob
                                                        Participant

Hi Rocco!

So great to see you post here!

Like King, I too am a member of the class of '05 (diagnosed a IV in Feb).

Likewise, I am beyond fortunate to remain NED since 2007.

It's good to know you're still out there (as well as the others).

Blessings for continued NED!

Karen

KRob
                                                          Participant

Hi Rocco!

Karen

KRob
                                                            Participant

Hi Rocco!

Karen

JerryfromFauq
                                                              Participant

Rocco, Love those results, I'm still not NED, but still not DEAD.  (Neither is Charlie!) Reckon I'm the "Newcomer" here, only diagnosed in 2006!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                Participant

Rocco, Love those results, I'm still not NED, but still not DEAD.  (Neither is Charlie!) Reckon I'm the "Newcomer" here, only diagnosed in 2006!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics