The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Status update

Forums General Melanoma Community Status update

Participant

On 6 June I  felt a tender lump back  of  my right nipple.  I had a CT and Oncologist visit alred scheduled for June 13th.  (How's that for timing?)  The lump showed on the CT and my Oncologist brought up my problem the next day at a Oncology team meeting .  My Melanooma Surgeon's nurse called me and set up an appointment for June 27th.I saw Dr Slingluff then and he agreed that he would remomve the tumor which in now about 1 inch across, as soon as he could find a open operating room on his schedule.  He had his operatimg schedule full up unti

On 6 June I  felt a tender lump back  of  my right nipple.  I had a CT and Oncologist visit alred scheduled for June 13th.  (How's that for timing?)  The lump showed on the CT and my Oncologist brought up my problem the next day at a Oncology team meeting .  My Melanooma Surgeon's nurse called me and set up an appointment for June 27th.I saw Dr Slingluff then and he agreed that he would remomve the tumor which in now about 1 inch across, as soon as he could find a open operating room on his schedule.  He had his operatimg schedule full up until the middle of August.  I'm not sure just what he did but his nurse emailed me (and another nurse phoned me) to say that he wou7ld operate on me on 6 July.  This is great because this allows my wife and I to be in Colorado again in mid/late August for the birth of Gramd kid # 15.  Thank You UVA!

It was noted that If the melanoma has indeed gone from my rear endthru my left groin then thru my neck and to my right breast, that this would indeed be an unusual path for it to follow.  So here's hoping that it's not a cancerous growth in there!

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

Hi Jerry,

I am glad they are moving fast so you can get this out and behind you to go see your 15th grandchild born :).   I am sending strong prayers your way that it is not melanoma and agree it would be a weird path to take. 

Let us know how it goes.

laurie from maine

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi Jerry,

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is NOT melanoma. Wonderful to be having your 15th grandchild…wow!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi Jerry,

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is NOT melanoma. Wonderful to be having your 15th grandchild…wow!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Laurie from maine
              Participant

Hi Jerry,

I am glad they are moving fast so you can get this out and behind you to go see your 15th grandchild born :).   I am sending strong prayers your way that it is not melanoma and agree it would be a weird path to take. 

Let us know how it goes.

laurie from maine

ValinMtl
                Participant

Jerry, I'm so happy to hear how quickly they are moving.  Let's pray that it isn't the monster showing up elsewhere.  Wow, your 15th grandchild…I'm at one and still waiting for more.!!  Val

ValinMtl
                  Participant

Jerry, I'm so happy to hear how quickly they are moving.  Let's pray that it isn't the monster showing up elsewhere.  Wow, your 15th grandchild…I'm at one and still waiting for more.!!  Val

lhaley
                    Participant

I sure hope this is a benign tumor that just wants to bother you!!  

Can't believe grandbaby #15!!  I am so jealous!  I know Sue is itching to get out to Colorado and glad it's going to happen.  Do yourself a favor and don't ride any horses while your visiting!!!  Just hold onto that little baby and play with the others.

Good luck next week with the surgery. My prayers will be with you and sending huge cyber hugs.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

I sure hope this is a benign tumor that just wants to bother you!!  

Can't believe grandbaby #15!!  I am so jealous!  I know Sue is itching to get out to Colorado and glad it's going to happen.  Do yourself a favor and don't ride any horses while your visiting!!!  Just hold onto that little baby and play with the others.

Good luck next week with the surgery. My prayers will be with you and sending huge cyber hugs.

Linda

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Jerry good luck with that surgery. Be sure to keep us posted.

Great chatting with you last night!

dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

Jerry good luck with that surgery. Be sure to keep us posted.

Great chatting with you last night!

dian

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Jerry,

Thanks for the update.

Have a great July 4th!!!

warm regards,

jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

Jerry,

Thanks for the update.

Have a great July 4th!!!

warm regards,

jimmy B

Teodora

Hi Jerry,

I hope it all goes OK.I am currently doing 25 rounds of  radiation and a bit wiped out/out of it,but I still wanted to send you my best wishes; I am sure you will sail right trought it.

Teodora from Maine

Teodora

Hi Jerry,

I hope it all goes OK.I am currently doing 25 rounds of  radiation and a bit wiped out/out of it,but I still wanted to send you my best wishes; I am sure you will sail right trought it.

Teodora from Maine

Jackie W
                                    Participant

Good luck with the surgery.  Please let us know the results.

Sorry I lost you in chat last night.  My computer froze up and couldn't get back on for a while.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                      Participant

Good luck with the surgery.  Please let us know the results.

Sorry I lost you in chat last night.  My computer froze up and couldn't get back on for a while.

Jackie W

DonW
                                        Participant

Still waiting for my first grandkid (and I may be waiting some years yet), and I think we're about the same age, Jerry! Good luck with this surgery and of course I know you will keep us updated.

DonW
                                          Participant

Still waiting for my first grandkid (and I may be waiting some years yet), and I think we're about the same age, Jerry! Good luck with this surgery and of course I know you will keep us updated.

debandmike
                                            Participant

Praying that all turns out positive for you on July 6th. Wos, 15 grandkids. I have six and think that is alot! Our prayers are with you Jerry.

debandmike
                                              Participant

Praying that all turns out positive for you on July 6th. Wos, 15 grandkids. I have six and think that is alot! Our prayers are with you Jerry.

shellebrownies
                                                Participant

Jerry,

Wishing you the very best of luck with this. I hope this does not turn out to be melanoma, but something benign. 

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                  Participant

Jerry,

Wishing you the very best of luck with this. I hope this does not turn out to be melanoma, but something benign. 

Michelle, wife of Don

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics