The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Started B-RAF

Forums General Melanoma Community Started B-RAF

Participant

Well, thankfully my insurance company approved me starting the B-RAF trial, and even quickly at that.

I had to have an extensive eye exam, CT scan of body, ECHO and EKG. Yesterday I met with the head of the trial and was excited to hear I was randomized to the B-RAF drug. She was quite happy too!

I took my first pill last night and am excited to be doing something, instead of just waiting, waiting, waiting for this disease to start growing again in my body!

Here's hoping in 6 weeks I have at least stable scans!

Well, thankfully my insurance company approved me starting the B-RAF trial, and even quickly at that.

I had to have an extensive eye exam, CT scan of body, ECHO and EKG. Yesterday I met with the head of the trial and was excited to hear I was randomized to the B-RAF drug. She was quite happy too!

I took my first pill last night and am excited to be doing something, instead of just waiting, waiting, waiting for this disease to start growing again in my body!

Here's hoping in 6 weeks I have at least stable scans!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008 currently on B-RAF

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Great news, Kellie!  Praying this is your magic bullet.  Very happy to read this.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Great news, Kellie!  Praying this is your magic bullet.  Very happy to read this.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lhaley
            Participant

Kellie,

Great news that you got the B-raf arm!!  This will be what works for you! 

Linda

dawn dion
                Participant

YEA!!! Kelly,

I also just did all of my testing yesterday –  They say I will be randomized by Wed. (here's hoping for BRAF) and on to the drug by Thursday.   More power to you girl!   Hoping for a successful journey for both of us.

dawn dion
                  Participant

YEA!!! Kelly,

I also just did all of my testing yesterday –  They say I will be randomized by Wed. (here's hoping for BRAF) and on to the drug by Thursday.   More power to you girl!   Hoping for a successful journey for both of us.

lhaley
                  Participant

Kellie,

Great news that you got the B-raf arm!!  This will be what works for you! 

Linda

Suzan AB
                    Participant

Wow Kellie,

I am here in S.F. waiting for my appt. tomorrow morning to see the thorasic surgeon who will do a lung biopsy or possible a VAT.  And then on to the Braf/MEK trial.  Waiting is the hardest part…

Good luck to you Braf-sista!

My best with big hugs,

Suzan AB

Stage IV with lung nodes…

Suzan AB
                      Participant

Wow Kellie,

I am here in S.F. waiting for my appt. tomorrow morning to see the thorasic surgeon who will do a lung biopsy or possible a VAT.  And then on to the Braf/MEK trial.  Waiting is the hardest part…

Good luck to you Braf-sista!

My best with big hugs,

Suzan AB

Stage IV with lung nodes…

Vermont_Donna
                          Participant

Kellie,

YOU GO GIRL!!! Wishing you complete success with this drug!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

stable after 4 infuions of Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Kellie,

YOU GO GIRL!!! Wishing you complete success with this drug!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

stable after 4 infuions of Ipi

Amy Busby
                            Participant

where are you taking it?  what trial?  if you don't mind my asking

[email protected]

I am waiting for my spot.

Amy

KellieSue
                                Participant

Amy, I'm at the U of Iowa in Iowa City, IA. My dr. is Mohammed Milhelm.

Trial. MEK114267

KellieSue
                                  Participant

Amy, I'm at the U of Iowa in Iowa City, IA. My dr. is Mohammed Milhelm.

Trial. MEK114267

Amy Busby
                                  Participant

where are you taking it?  what trial?  if you don't mind my asking

[email protected]

I am waiting for my spot.

Amy

Congratulations on getting the B-raf arm!  You keep goin' strong Kellie…!  You are in my prayers.  Take care. 

I am anxious to hear what the side effects are for the MEK since I have been on the Roche B-raf for 37 weeks.  My hair has gone completely kinky curly, LOL.

Peace and light,

Shelly in Switzerland stage IV

Congratulations on getting the B-raf arm!  You keep goin' strong Kellie…!  You are in my prayers.  Take care. 

I am anxious to hear what the side effects are for the MEK since I have been on the Roche B-raf for 37 weeks.  My hair has gone completely kinky curly, LOL.

Peace and light,

Shelly in Switzerland stage IV

Beastin12345
                                    Participant

Hi Kellie!   How are your results with B-Raf going?  My father also has Dr Milhem and is currently being tested to do the ALT-801 trial.  They are also testing him for B-raf although it's not open right now.  I've read some good things about B-Raf but wondered first hand what the results have been?

Beastin12345
                                      Participant

Hi Kellie!   How are your results with B-Raf going?  My father also has Dr Milhem and is currently being tested to do the ALT-801 trial.  They are also testing him for B-raf although it's not open right now.  I've read some good things about B-Raf but wondered first hand what the results have been?

shellebrownies
                                        Participant

Congrats, Kellie for making it into the trial! Here's hoping this kicks your melanoma in the butt! : )

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

shellebrownies
                                          Participant

Congrats, Kellie for making it into the trial! Here's hoping this kicks your melanoma in the butt! : )

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

PeterS
                                            Participant

Hi,

Cancer sucks indeed.  I hope you are responding to GSK1120212.  I am on the same trial with the usual side-effects like rash (fortunately relatively mild) and joint pain.

All the best!

Peter

PeterS
                                              Participant

Hi,

Cancer sucks indeed.  I hope you are responding to GSK1120212.  I am on the same trial with the usual side-effects like rash (fortunately relatively mild) and joint pain.

All the best!

Peter

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics