The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Srage Four – Diagnosed 4 years ago

Forums General Melanoma Community Srage Four – Diagnosed 4 years ago

Participant

Hi Everyone.  I haven't logged in in a long time.  I am here to reassure everyone that it can be done.  Four years after developing both lung and brain metastasis, I uave noevidence of active disease.  A few old, asymptomatoc  tumors still show up on scans but they have not changed in over a year.  I am "stable" and the prognosis that I will remain stable is very, very good.

If you wanr to read about all the treatments I have had I just updated my medical history on my profile.  Just search for Mark_Catskill.

Hi Everyone.  I haven't logged in in a long time.  I am here to reassure everyone that it can be done.  Four years after developing both lung and brain metastasis, I uave noevidence of active disease.  A few old, asymptomatoc  tumors still show up on scans but they have not changed in over a year.  I am "stable" and the prognosis that I will remain stable is very, very good.

If you wanr to read about all the treatments I have had I just updated my medical history on my profile.  Just search for Mark_Catskill.

I will try to visit more frequently to share my experience and knowledge with the MPIP community.

Mark from Catskill

Loading spinner
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Replies
      Jim M.
      Participant

Hey Mark,

Great to hear from you. I'm glad you are stable! You've been an inspiration to me and I know to many others. I hope you do post more often. If I remember correctly you were on Ipi and had much success with it. Keep up the great results for many years to come.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Loading spinner
      Jim M.
      Participant

Hey Mark,

Great to hear from you. I'm glad you are stable! You've been an inspiration to me and I know to many others. I hope you do post more often. If I remember correctly you were on Ipi and had much success with it. Keep up the great results for many years to come.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Mark,

Great news!! Many of us have been wondering how you've been doing.  This has been a hard week on the board and it's so wonderful to hear your news!!

So happy for you,

Linda

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Mark,

Great news!! Many of us have been wondering how you've been doing.  This has been a hard week on the board and it's so wonderful to hear your news!!

So happy for you,

Linda

Loading spinner
      KellieSue
      Participant

So glad to see you post! Stable is a word we all love to hear!

Congrats on no active disease!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Loading spinner
      KellieSue
      Participant

So glad to see you post! Stable is a word we all love to hear!

Congrats on no active disease!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Loading spinner
      EricNJill
      Participant

Mark,

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to post.  It's stories like yours that give us all hope!

Jill N Eric in OH

Loading spinner
        Diana2
        Participant

Thanks Mark for posting. It's so great to hear you're doing well. Your story really makes my day! Enjoy!! -Diana 

Loading spinner
        Diana2
        Participant

Thanks Mark for posting. It's so great to hear you're doing well. Your story really makes my day! Enjoy!! -Diana 

Loading spinner
      EricNJill
      Participant

Mark,

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to post.  It's stories like yours that give us all hope!

Jill N Eric in OH

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

MARK!~ !! How GREAT to hear from you!!

thank you SO MUCH for posting!

dian in spokane

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

MARK!~ !! How GREAT to hear from you!!

thank you SO MUCH for posting!

dian in spokane

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Mark,

It is SO good to see a post from you and to get a positive update.  As you well know, this gives hope to others.  You're amazing…a warrior that has fought many battles.  We miss you here.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Mark,

It is SO good to see a post from you and to get a positive update.  As you well know, this gives hope to others.  You're amazing…a warrior that has fought many battles.  We miss you here.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Mark, very good to hear you are still alive.  If I remember correctly, you were the 1st one to show a response to melanoma crossing the blood/brain barrier with the medarex drug (mdx 010) very happy to hear you are still going strong. 

Best

John

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Mark, very good to hear you are still alive.  If I remember correctly, you were the 1st one to show a response to melanoma crossing the blood/brain barrier with the medarex drug (mdx 010) very happy to hear you are still going strong. 

Best

John

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Best

John

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant

Best

John

Loading spinner
      Bonnie Lea
      Participant

Well Mark from Catskill!  (I will always remember how your monikor tickles me imagination.

How great to see you posting again.  We have def missed good words of encouragment and I think it is great that you are stable.  Hope to see more of your words

Bonnie lea

Loading spinner
      Bonnie Lea
      Participant

Well Mark from Catskill!  (I will always remember how your monikor tickles me imagination.

How great to see you posting again.  We have def missed good words of encouragment and I think it is great that you are stable.  Hope to see more of your words

Bonnie lea

Loading spinner
      SandraDee
      Participant

Mark:

It's so great to hear from you and know that you are doing so well.  You've got about 6 months on me, and I always found you a great inspiration.  You are proof that it can be done.  Not sure how you kept your strength and attitude with multiple craniotomy's, Mark, but you DID!  Thanks for popping on to share your story…it's an amazing one.

Hugs,

Sandy – Buffalo

Loading spinner
      SandraDee
      Participant

Mark:

It's so great to hear from you and know that you are doing so well.  You've got about 6 months on me, and I always found you a great inspiration.  You are proof that it can be done.  Not sure how you kept your strength and attitude with multiple craniotomy's, Mark, but you DID!  Thanks for popping on to share your story…it's an amazing one.

Hugs,

Sandy – Buffalo

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Hi Mark,

Great news, and thank you so much for posting. I've been dealing with brain and lung mets for over a year, and am now on Ipi (Round 2 next week). You are an inspiration, my hero, and I want to be like you!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Hi Mark,

Great news, and thank you so much for posting. I've been dealing with brain and lung mets for over a year, and am now on Ipi (Round 2 next week). You are an inspiration, my hero, and I want to be like you!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Janet2
      Participant

hi Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear you are stable and hope you continue to stay that way.

Janet 

Loading spinner
      Janet2
      Participant

hi Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear you are stable and hope you continue to stay that way.

Janet 

Loading spinner
      jim Breitfeller
      Participant

Mark,

Thanks for giving your medical details. It is HOPE for ALL!!!!

Activating the Danger Signal with Anti-CTLA-4 Blockade

Was it the combination Radiation, IL-2 plus the Anti-CTLA-4 blockage?

http://www.box.net/shared/kjgr6dkzt

Melanoma and the Magic Bullet (MonoClonal Antibodies)

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

~Charles Darwin~

Take Care,

Jimmy B

Loading spinner
      jim Breitfeller
      Participant

Mark,

Thanks for giving your medical details. It is HOPE for ALL!!!!

Activating the Danger Signal with Anti-CTLA-4 Blockade

Was it the combination Radiation, IL-2 plus the Anti-CTLA-4 blockage?

http://www.box.net/shared/kjgr6dkzt

Melanoma and the Magic Bullet (MonoClonal Antibodies)

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

~Charles Darwin~

Take Care,

Jimmy B

Loading spinner
      himynameiskevin
      Participant

Hi Mark. That's great news. I'm happy for you. A tough road it seems, but without a doubt worth it.  It's so nice to hear postive stories of success. Proof that there is always hope and a chance of better days. Thank you for that.  -Kevin

Loading spinner
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Mark, good to hear from you.  Keep on enjoying life!

Loading spinner
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Mark, good to hear from you.  Keep on enjoying life!

Loading spinner
      himynameiskevin
      Participant

Hi Mark. That's great news. I'm happy for you. A tough road it seems, but without a doubt worth it.  It's so nice to hear postive stories of success. Proof that there is always hope and a chance of better days. Thank you for that.  -Kevin

Loading spinner
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.