The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Srage Four – Diagnosed 4 years ago

Forums General Melanoma Community Srage Four – Diagnosed 4 years ago

Participant

Hi Everyone.  I haven't logged in in a long time.  I am here to reassure everyone that it can be done.  Four years after developing both lung and brain metastasis, I uave noevidence of active disease.  A few old, asymptomatoc  tumors still show up on scans but they have not changed in over a year.  I am "stable" and the prognosis that I will remain stable is very, very good.

If you wanr to read about all the treatments I have had I just updated my medical history on my profile.  Just search for Mark_Catskill.

Hi Everyone.  I haven't logged in in a long time.  I am here to reassure everyone that it can be done.  Four years after developing both lung and brain metastasis, I uave noevidence of active disease.  A few old, asymptomatoc  tumors still show up on scans but they have not changed in over a year.  I am "stable" and the prognosis that I will remain stable is very, very good.

If you wanr to read about all the treatments I have had I just updated my medical history on my profile.  Just search for Mark_Catskill.

I will try to visit more frequently to share my experience and knowledge with the MPIP community.

Mark from Catskill

Viewing 27 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jim M.
        Participant

Hey Mark,

Great to hear from you. I'm glad you are stable! You've been an inspiration to me and I know to many others. I hope you do post more often. If I remember correctly you were on Ipi and had much success with it. Keep up the great results for many years to come.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
          Participant

Hey Mark,

Great to hear from you. I'm glad you are stable! You've been an inspiration to me and I know to many others. I hope you do post more often. If I remember correctly you were on Ipi and had much success with it. Keep up the great results for many years to come.

God Bless,

Jim M.

lhaley
            Participant

Mark,

Great news!! Many of us have been wondering how you've been doing.  This has been a hard week on the board and it's so wonderful to hear your news!!

So happy for you,

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Mark,

Great news!! Many of us have been wondering how you've been doing.  This has been a hard week on the board and it's so wonderful to hear your news!!

So happy for you,

Linda

KellieSue
                Participant

So glad to see you post! Stable is a word we all love to hear!

Congrats on no active disease!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                  Participant

So glad to see you post! Stable is a word we all love to hear!

Congrats on no active disease!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

EricNJill
                    Participant

Mark,

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to post.  It's stories like yours that give us all hope!

Jill N Eric in OH

Diana2
                        Participant

Thanks Mark for posting. It's so great to hear you're doing well. Your story really makes my day! Enjoy!! -Diana 

Diana2
                          Participant

Thanks Mark for posting. It's so great to hear you're doing well. Your story really makes my day! Enjoy!! -Diana 

EricNJill
                          Participant

Mark,

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to post.  It's stories like yours that give us all hope!

Jill N Eric in OH

dian in spokane
                            Participant

MARK!~ !! How GREAT to hear from you!!

thank you SO MUCH for posting!

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                              Participant

MARK!~ !! How GREAT to hear from you!!

thank you SO MUCH for posting!

dian in spokane

King
                                Participant

Mark,

It is SO good to see a post from you and to get a positive update.  As you well know, this gives hope to others.  You're amazing…a warrior that has fought many battles.  We miss you here.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                  Participant

Mark,

It is SO good to see a post from you and to get a positive update.  As you well know, this gives hope to others.  You're amazing…a warrior that has fought many battles.  We miss you here.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

jag
                                    Participant

Mark, very good to hear you are still alive.  If I remember correctly, you were the 1st one to show a response to melanoma crossing the blood/brain barrier with the medarex drug (mdx 010) very happy to hear you are still going strong. 

Best

John

jag
                                      Participant

Mark, very good to hear you are still alive.  If I remember correctly, you were the 1st one to show a response to melanoma crossing the blood/brain barrier with the medarex drug (mdx 010) very happy to hear you are still going strong. 

Best

John

jag
                                        Participant

Best

John

jag
                                          Participant

Best

John

Bonnie Lea
                                            Participant

Well Mark from Catskill!  (I will always remember how your monikor tickles me imagination.

How great to see you posting again.  We have def missed good words of encouragment and I think it is great that you are stable.  Hope to see more of your words

Bonnie lea

Bonnie Lea
                                              Participant

Well Mark from Catskill!  (I will always remember how your monikor tickles me imagination.

How great to see you posting again.  We have def missed good words of encouragment and I think it is great that you are stable.  Hope to see more of your words

Bonnie lea

SandraDee
                                                Participant

Mark:

It's so great to hear from you and know that you are doing so well.  You've got about 6 months on me, and I always found you a great inspiration.  You are proof that it can be done.  Not sure how you kept your strength and attitude with multiple craniotomy's, Mark, but you DID!  Thanks for popping on to share your story…it's an amazing one.

Hugs,

Sandy – Buffalo

SandraDee
                                                  Participant

Mark:

It's so great to hear from you and know that you are doing so well.  You've got about 6 months on me, and I always found you a great inspiration.  You are proof that it can be done.  Not sure how you kept your strength and attitude with multiple craniotomy's, Mark, but you DID!  Thanks for popping on to share your story…it's an amazing one.

Hugs,

Sandy – Buffalo

Sharyn
                                                    Participant

Hi Mark,

Great news, and thank you so much for posting. I've been dealing with brain and lung mets for over a year, and am now on Ipi (Round 2 next week). You are an inspiration, my hero, and I want to be like you!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                      Participant

Hi Mark,

Great news, and thank you so much for posting. I've been dealing with brain and lung mets for over a year, and am now on Ipi (Round 2 next week). You are an inspiration, my hero, and I want to be like you!

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Janet2
                                                        Participant

hi Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear you are stable and hope you continue to stay that way.

Janet 

Janet2
                                                          Participant

hi Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear you are stable and hope you continue to stay that way.

Janet 

jim Breitfeller
                                                            Participant

Mark,

Thanks for giving your medical details. It is HOPE for ALL!!!!

Activating the Danger Signal with Anti-CTLA-4 Blockade

Was it the combination Radiation, IL-2 plus the Anti-CTLA-4 blockage?

http://www.box.net/shared/kjgr6dkzt

Melanoma and the Magic Bullet (MonoClonal Antibodies)

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

~Charles Darwin~

Take Care,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                                              Participant

Mark,

Thanks for giving your medical details. It is HOPE for ALL!!!!

Activating the Danger Signal with Anti-CTLA-4 Blockade

Was it the combination Radiation, IL-2 plus the Anti-CTLA-4 blockage?

http://www.box.net/shared/kjgr6dkzt

Melanoma and the Magic Bullet (MonoClonal Antibodies)

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

~Charles Darwin~

Take Care,

Jimmy B

himynameiskevin
                                                                Participant

Hi Mark. That's great news. I'm happy for you. A tough road it seems, but without a doubt worth it.  It's so nice to hear postive stories of success. Proof that there is always hope and a chance of better days. Thank you for that.  -Kevin

JerryfromFauq
                                                                    Participant

Mark, good to hear from you.  Keep on enjoying life!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                      Participant

Mark, good to hear from you.  Keep on enjoying life!

himynameiskevin
                                                                      Participant

Hi Mark. That's great news. I'm happy for you. A tough road it seems, but without a doubt worth it.  It's so nice to hear postive stories of success. Proof that there is always hope and a chance of better days. Thank you for that.  -Kevin

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics