The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Some Good News

Participant

We have lost some good ones recently and over the years to this terrible disease, but there is hope out there. This past Monday, I reached 3.5 years NED after another round of clear scans. That initial stage IV diagnosis seemed bleak at the time and I wondered what the future held as a large tumor was cut from my intestine right before my 40th birthday. Each clear scan after that surgery resulted in hope… at first small, but growing each time. I have been blessed so far as to not require treatment beyond surgery.

So now I live my life the best I can and do not spend much time on this board. I do remember what it was like searching for answers on this board and hearing the occasional good news from long term survivors and it raised my spirits. So here I am to share that news – no matter how bleak it seems, NED may be right around the corner after that next surgery or that next treatment. All we can do is take one step at a time and hope for the best. Keep fighting! 

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Newmanbell
        Participant

Loved your post and so very needed.  Thank you!

Donna

Coragirl
          Participant

Your post really eased some anxiety for me. Thank you for sharing your great news.

Jahendry12
            Participant

Great news!  Thanks so much for sharing.  Hope the NED status continues indefintely.

RaquelP
              Participant

What a wonderful and encouraging update! Congrats and soak it all in. Thank you so much for sharing and lifting our spirits.

CindyJ
                Participant

Such a wonderful inspiring post, thank you!

BrianP
                  Participant

Congrats Kevin.  Good to hear from you.  Keep on keeping on!

sgreenberg
                    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement, and best of health!

jenny22
                      Participant

Kevin- Congrats on your WONDERFUL news……may it continue forever!!!!  This is also so encouraging for so many here…..

Again,  so happy for you and enjoy the good news!

best,

jenny

sister of patient
                        Participant

Congratulations Kevin and thank you so much for posting – I love the longer-term NED stories!!

Best to you!

Barb

UBContributor
                          Participant

Thank u for such a positive news! pls keep sharing your experience with us. 

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics