The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Some Good News

Participant

Just wanted to share some good news.  It has been a long time since I have been able to say that.  I had one dose of the combo back in January and the side effects wiped me out.  Once I was off steroids and beta blockers, they decided I was stable enough to try Pembro.  Monday the 15th was three weeks after my fourth dose.  I had my first scan and MRI since the December scan that moved me to stage 4.

The results indicate a 30% reduction in the size of the tumor on my spine, considerable improvement to the right lung, no new growth, and two other spots remain stable.  I am not 100% sure how to quantify the considerable improvement to the lung comment, but it sounds good to me.  All my blood came back within  the norms so I received my 5th dose of Pembro on Tuesday.

I wanted to share this as hope for those that can't handle the combo.  I was pretty doom and gloom when they told me I couldn't continue with it.  There is so many success stories with the combo that I thought what is the point of trying Pembro.  Keep fighting even when you feel there is nothing that can help.  I am by no means in the clear, but at least I can enjoy the next three months until my next scan.  I can spend the summer with my wife and kids knowing, at least for now, we are winning the battle.

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Christine.P
        Participant

This is excellent news, Bradley! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for this update. May you continue to win the battle!

jenny22
          Participant

That is great to hear…….GOOD NEWS for sure…..

ENJOY!!!!!!

Marksa2570
            Participant

That is great news…. thank you for sharing.   It gives many of us continued hope!

Casitas1
              Participant
                Good news! Keep it coming. I failed combo after 2 infusions. Switched to Pembro and Ned 7 months later. Best, Paul
                RitysMom
                Participant

That is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing!

DaveNB
                  Participant

Great news! I am in the same boat. Keytruda is my first treatment since making it to stage 4. After 4 infusions my 3 mo. scan shows 1 lung nodule shrunk by 1/2 & another shrunk by 2/3! The only side effects are occasional joint pain and maybe fatigue. Nothing to affect my work schedule or daily activities. Yes, despite the dissapointment of progressing to stage 4 there is always hope! I am approaching 3yrs. since my first diagnosis at stage 3 (unknown primary). I thank God for every day! I know I have had an easier journey than many on this board. My thoughts and prayers go out to all in this fight!

Dave.

Scooby123
                    Participant

So pleased for you, keep up the good fight.

scooby

jbronicki
                      Participant

So happy for you and it helps the rest of us to hear such good news!  Wishing you continued great news!

UBContributor
                        Participant

Yah-ooo! Wainting for more such updates! 

Patrisa
                          Participant

Keep those good news coming, they really lift the spirits and bring so much hope!

Take care,

Patrisa

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics