The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results after Ipi + IL2 Trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results after Ipi + IL2 Trial

Participant

It's been a long road since I was desperately posting in Aug/Sept. For those of you who have been following I opted to do Promtheus Labs Trial/Study of ipi + IL2 randomized combo after recurrence in rt cheek and ultimately mets to lungs. Went through 4 doses of ipi…side effects were itchyskin/rash & hypothyroid which we're still trying to get under control. Then did 2 rounds of IL2…took 11 of 12 bags each time…rough treatment but I was well prepared after hearing from some of you notably Jerry from Fauq and Rebecca & Bob. I've been out of hospital 3 weeks now…feeling pretty good.

I had Pet scan Monday and received results  yesterday. Lung nodules gone…NED!!! I was shocked and relieved. There was mild uptake in rt cheek but doc said this is consistent with scarring/healing. Still makes me nervous…that's where it all started…and I had surgery in September. That sound right? I get aggravated with myself because this is news we all want to hear and though I'm happy…seems like I can never fully accept it. 

I'm pulling and praying for all of you out there…this is one tricky disease. I know there's some promising treatments on horizon and my wish for 2014 is that they continue to come to fruition and benefit all of you courageous warriors.

Best

Josh

Viewing 41 reply threads
    • Replies
        GAngel
        Participant

Wonderful news Josh!  What a blessing! I will continue to pray for you and all who are fighting this beast. Keep believing.

Gina

GAngel
          Participant

Wonderful news Josh!  What a blessing! I will continue to pray for you and all who are fighting this beast. Keep believing.

Gina

GAngel
            Participant

Gina

Mat
              Participant

Josh, congratulations!  Great news!

Mat
                Participant

Mat
                  Participant

Jewel
                    Participant

Fantastic News!!! May it be for forever!!

Jewel

Jewel
                      Participant

Jewel

Jewel
                        Participant

Jewel

jim Breitfeller
                          Participant

Josh,

congrats! Back in 2009 I wrote a paper called "melanoma and the magic bullet". It was all about the combination of IPI and IL-2. It was based on my my own experience. Timing of the two therapies played a roll it. I spent a number of years researching this combination.I am so happy that you are a responder. The trick now is to stay NED. Good nutrition plays a roll.

jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Josh,

congrats! Back in 2009 I wrote a paper called "melanoma and the magic bullet". It was all about the combination of IPI and IL-2. It was based on my my own experience. Timing of the two therapies played a roll it. I spent a number of years researching this combination.I am so happy that you are a responder. The trick now is to stay NED. Good nutrition plays a roll.

jimmy b

JoshF
                                Participant

Jim-

I did read a lot of your blog…not that I understood a whole lot of it but I found it fascinating. It was a big factor in me deciding to do this trial.

Can you share what you've done in regards to diet? Also any advice on trick of staying NED? 😉

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Jim-

I did read a lot of your blog…not that I understood a whole lot of it but I found it fascinating. It was a big factor in me deciding to do this trial.

Can you share what you've done in regards to diet? Also any advice on trick of staying NED? 😉

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Jim-

Josh

jim Breitfeller
                                    Participant

Josh,

jimmy b

Bubbles
                                      Participant

That's wonderful, Josh!!!  I really do understand what you mean.  Try to recover and enjoy!!  I think you and Jim are LIVING proof that for a lot of folks, combo's may be the real key to melanoma therapy.  Yours, C

Bubbles
                                        Participant

That's wonderful, Josh!!!  I really do understand what you mean.  Try to recover and enjoy!!  I think you and Jim are LIVING proof that for a lot of folks, combo's may be the real key to melanoma therapy.  Yours, C

Bubbles
                                          Participant

SABKLYN
                                            Participant

Awesome news Josh!   

SABKLYN
                                              Participant

Awesome news Josh!   

SABKLYN
                                                Participant

Awesome news Josh!   

POW
                                                  Participant

That's wonderful news, Josh! Thank you for posting it! Very, very encouraging to other melanoma warriors!

I understand you being concerned about the residual PET activity. But remember, ipi's effectiveness continues to increase for several months after your last infusion. It is still working on your tumors. And IL-2 seems to be able to work almost forever. So whatever it is that has been killing your tumors is still on the job, still attacking melanoma. 

With such great results so quickly, I expect to see your case as one of the ones Prometheus will be crowing about at the ASCO meeting in June. Cool, eh?

POW
                                                    Participant

That's wonderful news, Josh! Thank you for posting it! Very, very encouraging to other melanoma warriors!

I understand you being concerned about the residual PET activity. But remember, ipi's effectiveness continues to increase for several months after your last infusion. It is still working on your tumors. And IL-2 seems to be able to work almost forever. So whatever it is that has been killing your tumors is still on the job, still attacking melanoma. 

With such great results so quickly, I expect to see your case as one of the ones Prometheus will be crowing about at the ASCO meeting in June. Cool, eh?

POW
                                                      Participant

Brendan
                                                          Participant

Great news, Josh.  Thanks for posting.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                            Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                                                              Participant

Brendan

kpcollins31
                                                              Participant

Congratulations, Josh – Great news!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                  Participant

Kevin

sofistef
                                                                      Participant

Thanks for posting the great news, Congratulations!! Wishing you continuous NED!

sofistef
                                                                        Participant

Thanks for posting the great news, Congratulations!! Wishing you continuous NED!

tschmith
                                                                          Participant

Congratulations, Josh!  NED is such good news!

tschmith
                                                                            Participant

tschmith
                                                                              Participant

sofistef
                                                                                Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                Participant

Josh, I suspect you have some idea as to how happy I am for your results.  Suspect you are even more happy!  I would expect there to be SUV uptake where the original operation/removal occured.  ALL my operations/tissue injuries show on all my scans .  Just keep an eye out and as long as the locations stay stable, just stick your tongue out at them!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                  Participant

Josh, I suspect you have some idea as to how happy I am for your results.  Suspect you are even more happy!  I would expect there to be SUV uptake where the original operation/removal occured.  ALL my operations/tissue injuries show on all my scans .  Just keep an eye out and as long as the locations stay stable, just stick your tongue out at them!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                    Participant

BrianP
                                                                                      Participant

Wonderful news Josh.  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your NED status. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                        Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                          Participant

Brian

Jahendry12
                                                                                            Participant

That's fantastic!!!!!  I was hoping and praying we were going to hear good news from you!  So happy for you! 

Remember to celebrate these milestones 🙂

Julie

Jahendry12
                                                                                              Participant

That's fantastic!!!!!  I was hoping and praying we were going to hear good news from you!  So happy for you! 

Julie

Jahendry12
                                                                                                Participant

Julie

eric w
                                                                                                  Participant

Good news Josh.. Curious your braf status and if you are braf negative do you know any other mutation info like NRAS, CKit, etc. also do you happen to have the protocol for your trial that you can share? Thanks

eric w
                                                                                                    Participant

Good news Josh.. Curious your braf status and if you are braf negative do you know any other mutation info like NRAS, CKit, etc. also do you happen to have the protocol for your trial that you can share? Thanks

eric w
                                                                                                      Participant

nancyg
                                                                                                        Participant

So so happy to hear!!!  

NYKaren
                                                                                                            Participant

Josh,

i am just thrilled at your news. 

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                                                              Participant

Josh,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                                                                Participant

Josh,

Karen

nancyg
                                                                                                                Participant

So so happy to hear!!!  

nancyg
                                                                                                                  Participant

So so happy to hear!!!  

eric w
                                                                                                                    Participant

Hey Josh,

How long did you wait from your last dose of ipi to induction of IL-2? Thanks

JoshF
                                                                                                                        Participant

About a month….there was a dose timing protocol that the trial wanted you to follow. I think I had another week I could've waited but my oncs felt with athe quick response I was getting from ipi…30 days was good

JoshF
                                                                                                                          Participant

About a month….there was a dose timing protocol that the trial wanted you to follow. I think I had another week I could've waited but my oncs felt with athe quick response I was getting from ipi…30 days was good

JoshF
                                                                                                                            Participant

eric w
                                                                                                                            Participant

Hey Josh,

eric w
                                                                                                                              Participant

Hey Josh,

Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics