The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Result

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Result

Participant

Well the initial read from oncologist wasn't the best and wasn't the worst. No immune hepatitis. She said tumor flare is causing issue with enzymes. Didn't real see any significant disease other than what's in liver…my guess looking was over a dozen tumors, mostly small but more in there nonetheless. She was happy that there wasn't immune hepatitis because that most likely puts me out of trial. Bad thing is liver enzymes haven't changed. I'm assuming ipi failed…supposed to leave Wednesday for MDA…not a lot of time. Thanks for all the support!

Josh

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant
          Keep pushing through Josh
          geriakt
          Participant
              tschmith
              Participant

Best of luck, Josh!  You keep fighting and we'll keep praying.

Terrie

tschmith
                Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                  Participant

Terrie

geriakt
                  Participant
                    geriakt
                    Participant
                      geriakt
                      Participant
                        geriakt
                        Participant
                          JoshF
                          Participant

Thanks!!! I need those liver enzymes to drop. My ALT is too high and will exclude me from trial. I also spoke to her after post and she said hoping this is pseudo progression. Don't know what to think…all I can do is keep chopping wood.

JoshF
                            Participant

Thanks!!! I need those liver enzymes to drop. My ALT is too high and will exclude me from trial. I also spoke to her after post and she said hoping this is pseudo progression. Don't know what to think…all I can do is keep chopping wood.

JoshF
                              Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                Participant

Oh Josh, disappointing, yes!  I had so hoped that your liver enzymes were down by now. Maybe by Wed? or maybe there's a liver mets provision in the trial?  I don't know.  Just hoping and praying!

Shalom,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                  Participant

Oh Josh, disappointing, yes!  I had so hoped that your liver enzymes were down by now. Maybe by Wed? or maybe there's a liver mets provision in the trial?  I don't know.  Just hoping and praying!

Shalom,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                    Participant

Shalom,

Julie

debwray
                                      Participant

Hi   Josh.

I'm here in hospital on iv antibiotics hoping that things will be better by Mon so I can escape knee surgery number 5.  or 7 if you count aspirations of joint in theatre….    But will face it if I need to. Sometimes there is no way round an obstacle.. But there is heaps of goodwill for you coming down from the internet..and there are a number of days to your deadline. Still time for levels to change..this emotional and physical roller coaster may still surprise us both.

Sending a big hug .and loads of good wishes to you and your family

Deb

debwray
                                        Participant

Hi   Josh.

I'm here in hospital on iv antibiotics hoping that things will be better by Mon so I can escape knee surgery number 5.  or 7 if you count aspirations of joint in theatre….    But will face it if I need to. Sometimes there is no way round an obstacle.. But there is heaps of goodwill for you coming down from the internet..and there are a number of days to your deadline. Still time for levels to change..this emotional and physical roller coaster may still surprise us both.

Deb

debwray
                                          Participant

Hi   Josh.

Deb

Casitas1
                                            Participant

Good luck, Josh

Casitas1
                                              Participant

Good luck, Josh

Casitas1
                                                Participant

Good luck, Josh

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Hey Joshie,

So sorry for "one more thing"!!!  But, you're right…Just keep choppin!….or….Just keep swimming!!!  Whatever it takes!  Fingers and toes crossed for Wednesday.  I know it is all beyond crazy and nerve wracking and ….  well…all of that!  Hang in threre.  Love, celeste

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

Hey Joshie,

So sorry for "one more thing"!!!  But, you're right…Just keep choppin!….or….Just keep swimming!!!  Whatever it takes!  Fingers and toes crossed for Wednesday.  I know it is all beyond crazy and nerve wracking and ….  well…all of that!  Hang in threre.  Love, celeste

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

Hey Joshie,

Polymath
                                                        Participant

Josh,

Safe travels.  We're with you in spirit.

Gary

Polymath
                                                          Participant

Josh,

Gary

Polymath
                                                            Participant

Josh,

Gary

Patrisa
                                                              Participant

Dear Josh,

hoping and praying your trial will start as planned… Hang in there!

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                Participant

Dear Josh,

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                  Participant

Dear Josh,

Love,

Patrisa

jenny22
                                                                    Participant

Damn Josh!!!!!

But have high hopes for your upcoming visit to MDA……though I dont have personal experince with all you are facing, I know the landscape has cahgne so dramatically, and am hopeful will so soon be the benediary of that progress.

For now, and  again, sending BEST thoguhts for a good vist next week.

Thinking about you.

jenny

jenny22
                                                                      Participant

Damn Josh!!!!!

But have high hopes for your upcoming visit to MDA……though I dont have personal experince with all you are facing, I know the landscape has cahgne so dramatically, and am hopeful will so soon be the benediary of that progress.

Thinking about you.

jenny

jenny22
                                                                        Participant

Damn Josh!!!!!

Thinking about you.

jenny

jenny22
                                                                            Participant

Sorry about the typos….typing too fast!

you probably knew wHAt i meant, but to re-iterate.  I AM HOPEFUL YOU WILL SOON BE THE BENEFICIARY OF THAT PROGRESS. 

KEEP US ALL POSTED!

JENNY

jenny22
                                                                              Participant

you probably knew wHAt i meant, but to re-iterate.  I AM HOPEFUL YOU WILL SOON BE THE BENEFICIARY OF THAT PROGRESS. 

KEEP US ALL POSTED!

JENNY

jenny22
                                                                                Participant

KEEP US ALL POSTED!

JENNY

RaquelP
                                                                                Participant

Josh – still thinking and praying for you. Let's try to focus on getting those enzymes to drop. So…try to avoid any fever reducing medication including ibuprophen/tylenol.

Grapefruit is the BEST thing you can feed to your liver. Next up…beets. I know you are from chicago, so head over to your local Mariano's and get one of their liver detox smoothies that contain the beets and leafy greens your liver needs. 

There's no way to tell if these natural remedies will lower your liver enzymes, but it can't hurt. Detoxing the liver and eating liver cleansing foods can only help your liver in the long run.

RaquelP
                                                                                  Participant

Josh – still thinking and praying for you. Let's try to focus on getting those enzymes to drop. So…try to avoid any fever reducing medication including ibuprophen/tylenol.

Grapefruit is the BEST thing you can feed to your liver. Next up…beets. I know you are from chicago, so head over to your local Mariano's and get one of their liver detox smoothies that contain the beets and leafy greens your liver needs. 

There's no way to tell if these natural remedies will lower your liver enzymes, but it can't hurt. Detoxing the liver and eating liver cleansing foods can only help your liver in the long run.

RaquelP
                                                                                    Participant

jbronicki
                                                                                      Participant

Hi Josh,

I'm so sorry, so frustrating to deal with the cascade of issues from treatment, etc. I can only imagine the overwhelming nature of it.   I've been trying to find some research on lowering the liver enzyme values, but nothing directly related to how quickly the numbers can come down.  I've read anectodal stories of liver enzyme values coming down both quickly and over time but not sure what it all means.So since I'm no help research wise, I'm thinking these throughts for you today and send out some positive vibes and prayers:

L – Lower D – Decline H – Hastily,  A – At once L – Lower T – Today

We are all rooting for you so much. 

Best,

Jackie

jbronicki
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Josh,

I'm so sorry, so frustrating to deal with the cascade of issues from treatment, etc. I can only imagine the overwhelming nature of it.   I've been trying to find some research on lowering the liver enzyme values, but nothing directly related to how quickly the numbers can come down.  I've read anectodal stories of liver enzyme values coming down both quickly and over time but not sure what it all means.So since I'm no help research wise, I'm thinking these throughts for you today and send out some positive vibes and prayers:

Best,

Jackie

jbronicki
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Josh,

Best,

Jackie

Jubes
                                                                                            Participant

Good luck josh. We're all thinking of you!

Patrick O.
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  Wishing and praying for ya Josh. You got this!
                                                                                                  Patrick O.
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    Patrick O.
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                    Jubes
                                                                                                    Participant

Jubes
                                                                                                      Participant

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics