The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Rest in peace, Mike

Forums General Melanoma Community Rest in peace, Mike

Participant

My brother passed away peacefully in hospice care yesterday. I wrote in detail about his passing in the "Off-Topic" forum.

Mike is at peace now, together in Heaven with his beloved Margaret. Our family will be OK. Thank you all for your help, advice, and support over these months. 

My brother passed away peacefully in hospice care yesterday. I wrote in detail about his passing in the "Off-Topic" forum.

Mike is at peace now, together in Heaven with his beloved Margaret. Our family will be OK. Thank you all for your help, advice, and support over these months. 

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Your chronicle of Mike's and your journey from diagnosis to this point has been a gift.  Thank you.  I know you will face life without your brother with the same grace and strength your brought to his stuggle.  Deepest sympathy to you and your family.  I hope you will continue to contribute your wisdom to the board.    

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Your chronicle of Mike's and your journey from diagnosis to this point has been a gift.  Thank you.  I know you will face life without your brother with the same grace and strength your brought to his stuggle.  Deepest sympathy to you and your family.  I hope you will continue to contribute your wisdom to the board.    

Fen

Fen
            Participant

Fen

triciad
              Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  He was incredibly lucky to have such an advocate in you.  I know that in time, the happy times will be easier to remember.  It's not how a person dies that defines him/her…it's how he/she lives!  Savour the memories and your brother will always be with you!  Please accept my deepest sympathies.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tricia

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    My sympathies to you and your family on Mike’s passing. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself here; your generosity and grace have been a true inspiration.
                    Karen
                    NYKaren
                    Participant
                      My sympathies to you and your family on Mike’s passing. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself here; your generosity and grace have been a true inspiration.
                      Karen
                      vivian
                      Participant

I send prayers for peace and light to you and your family.  All of us here very much appreciate your knowledge of melanoma and treatments – please stay in touch, if it isn't too painful.  You have been a comforting presence to many!

vivian
                        Participant

I send prayers for peace and light to you and your family.  All of us here very much appreciate your knowledge of melanoma and treatments – please stay in touch, if it isn't too painful.  You have been a comforting presence to many!

vivian
                          Participant

NYKaren
                            Participant
                              Karen
                            triciad
                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  He was incredibly lucky to have such an advocate in you.  I know that in time, the happy times will be easier to remember.  It's not how a person dies that defines him/her…it's how he/she lives!  Savour the memories and your brother will always be with you!  Please accept my deepest sympathies.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tricia

triciad
                              Participant

Tricia

jag
                                Participant

I am very sorry to hear of his passing, I wish you well in dealing with all of this.  I will say a prayer for better days(and good memories) for the future.

John

jag
                                  Participant

I am very sorry to hear of his passing, I wish you well in dealing with all of this.  I will say a prayer for better days(and good memories) for the future.

John

jag
                                    Participant

John

Janet Lee
                                      Participant

Pat, as many have already said, you have been such an advocate for Mike and, in turn, for all of here on this forum, Your strength, knowledge, and grace is such an inspiration. My very heartfelt sympathies to you and your mother.

Janet Lee
                                        Participant

Pat, as many have already said, you have been such an advocate for Mike and, in turn, for all of here on this forum, Your strength, knowledge, and grace is such an inspiration. My very heartfelt sympathies to you and your mother.

Janet Lee
                                          Participant

randallgford
                                            Participant

My most sincere sympathies to you and your family, you are obviously

a caring and loving brother, as well as an intelligent and caring human

being. I have been praying for all those on this board and will continue

to pray for you, as you are an inspiration to all people who must battle

a disease such as this. Comfort to you during this difficult time. 

Vicki

randallgford
                                              Participant

Vicki

randallgford
                                                Participant

Vicki

susanr
                                                  Participant

I am sorry about your brother.  I am glad it was peaceful and he was not in pain.  I sure hope he is with fellow friends and family.  I will tell my brother Peter to look out for a fellow Mel. Warrior.  Tell Mike to look out for the guy with the cigar in his mouth and a fishing pole….thats my brother.  God Bless.

Susan….sister of Peter….entered Heaven 12/6/2012.

susanr
                                                    Participant

I am sorry about your brother.  I am glad it was peaceful and he was not in pain.  I sure hope he is with fellow friends and family.  I will tell my brother Peter to look out for a fellow Mel. Warrior.  Tell Mike to look out for the guy with the cigar in his mouth and a fishing pole….thats my brother.  God Bless.

susanr
                                                      Participant

Cielo
                                                        Participant

My deepest sympathy….from the bottom of my heart.  I hope you continue to post and share your wisdom to this site, it has been an admiration.

Cielo

Cielo
                                                          Participant

My deepest sympathy….from the bottom of my heart.  I hope you continue to post and share your wisdom to this site, it has been an admiration.

Cielo

Cielo
                                                            Participant

Cielo

Janner
                                                              Participant

You've been an amazing caregiver and researcher – never an easy task.  Condolences to you and your family.  We hope you'll continue to stick around to offer your insight on this board.

Janner

Janner
                                                                Participant

You've been an amazing caregiver and researcher – never an easy task.  Condolences to you and your family.  We hope you'll continue to stick around to offer your insight on this board.

Janner

deardad
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      I’m sorry to hear that Mike has passed away. Truly he was fortunate to have such a loving sister and caregiver. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Nahmi
                                                                      deardad
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        I’m sorry to hear that Mike has passed away. Truly he was fortunate to have such a loving sister and caregiver. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Nahmi
                                                                        deardad
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        Janner
                                                                        Participant

Janner

Wife of Carl
                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry to read of your brother's passing.  You and your family have my deepest sympathy during this time of great sorrow.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry to read of your brother's passing.  You and your family have my deepest sympathy during this time of great sorrow.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                                                                              Participant

Pat

dian in spokane
                                                                                Participant

my deepest condolences

dian

Mickey n Jo
                                                                                    Participant

So very sorry to hear of your brothers passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mickey n Jo
                                                                                      Participant

So very sorry to hear of your brothers passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mickey n Jo
                                                                                        Participant

dian in spokane
                                                                                        Participant

my deepest condolences

dian

dian in spokane
                                                                                          Participant

my deepest condolences

dian

King
                                                                                            Participant

I offer my sincere sympathy to you and Mike's other friends and family.  You have been such an asset to this board.  An Irish wake on St Patrick's Day is an awesome way to celebrate your brother's life.  I'm happy that you were able to make one very last visit to your brother and I, too, believe that he was waiting for you to get there.  You have taught us many lessons.

Stay Strong
                                                                                              King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                                                                                              Participant

I offer my sincere sympathy to you and Mike's other friends and family.  You have been such an asset to this board.  An Irish wake on St Patrick's Day is an awesome way to celebrate your brother's life.  I'm happy that you were able to make one very last visit to your brother and I, too, believe that he was waiting for you to get there.  You have taught us many lessons.

Stay Strong
                                                                                                King

King
                                                                                                Participant

Stay Strong
                                                                                                  King

Tina D
                                                                                                  Participant

It is always hard to kow just how to express, but please know I am sorry for your great loss. You have been one amazing support and advocate and worked over through any obstacle that was moveable. I am thankful you had those last hours there by his side, and I know he was so blessed by all of your love and help throughout his courageous battle. I know you will always treasure all of your memories with him. You have also managed to be such a source of encouragement to those of us here on the board. Thank you for always sharing, even in the midst of your own struggles and pain.

With heartfelt sympathy,

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                    Participant

It is always hard to kow just how to express, but please know I am sorry for your great loss. You have been one amazing support and advocate and worked over through any obstacle that was moveable. I am thankful you had those last hours there by his side, and I know he was so blessed by all of your love and help throughout his courageous battle. I know you will always treasure all of your memories with him. You have also managed to be such a source of encouragement to those of us here on the board. Thank you for always sharing, even in the midst of your own struggles and pain.

With heartfelt sympathy,

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                      Participant

With heartfelt sympathy,

Tina

awillett1991
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          So very sorry for your loss. Prayer for peace and love to surround your family at this time.

Warmly,
                                                                                                          Amy

awillett1991
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            So very sorry for your loss. Prayer for peace and love to surround your family at this time.

Warmly,
                                                                                                            Amy

awillett1991
                                                                                                            Participant

Warmly,
                                                                                                              Amy

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics