The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Remission!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Remission!!

Participant

I feel bad posting this as some of the people I have followed for the last year are not doing so well. In May of 2015 I had a stage 2B on the crown of my head, june of 2016 it became stage 4 with 1 tumor in my neck removed by surgury and 7 in my lungs that were non-surgical. I started the ipi/nivo combo in July 2016. After 5 combos and 13 nivo doses all 7 nodules in my lungs are gone!!!!!!!! I did have a 3 cm cyst on a kidney that was not there on my last scan but the radiologist and onocologist don't beleive it is melanoma and we will will look at it in 8 weeks and continue on the nivo every 2 weeks for now. So with the new spot on my kidney I am not as happy as could be but I will take it. For those who are not sure to go the combo treatment due to side effects for me it was worth all of them, even the 5 I am still dealing with everyday. I will always stay on this website as there are so many wonderful and very knowledgable people here. In 2015 I knew melanoma would show back up and it did, I expect it will again. Thank everyone for your support as it really means so much.

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Congrats! I am so happy to hear this news! My scan is next week… hoping I can post something similar. 

Nick C
          Participant

I know how you feel about posting. I am very happy for you. It's a wonderful feeling to know that your treatment is working.

AliCat61
            Participant

Congratulations! It is wonderful to hear that! It gives us all hope!

SABKLYN
              Participant

Wahoo!  Great news!!

Christine.P
                Participant

That's great! So happy for you. 🙂

Congratulations on your good news.  It is nice to read some good things.

Shannon B
                  Participant

Thanks for some good news! Congratulations !

Shannon B
                    Participant

Thanks for some good news! Congratulations !

snow white
                      Participant

Fantastic News! Congrats!

UBContributor
                        Participant

So ecouraging and promising to us here! pls keep us updated in 8 weeks!

Casitas1
                          Participant
                            Right on!
                            MikeW
                            Participant

Congrats! Yes…Take the side effects over stage 4 any day of the week! 

jbronicki
                              Participant

I'm so glad to hear the good news for you, congratulations!  It helps all of us to hear these positive results!

We need more wins in the win column like this one!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics