The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Post surgery

Forums General Melanoma Community Post surgery

Participant

Surgery on Friday went good. Got home yesterday and now healing. Apparently there were 2 tumors that were roughly orange size. A couple of satellite lesions on colon and removed my appendix because apparently a tumor started growing there. Also 3 very suspicious spots on/in liver. Those were not removed. Too close to vein and at this point not worth the risk. Surgeon felt it better to heal up and get on treatment quicker. All that growth in the matter of 6 months. Unreal. They're sure it was there prior just not detected. So now I'm healing, waiting for path results and have decision to make. 

I am going to MD Anderson on the 10th. I need best option possibly. How my life changed in matter of weeks. Just very depressing. Long road ahead…scared of where that may lead but will trudge on. Just wanted to give an update. Appreciate all the support I've received over past couple weeks. Praying everyone is well!!

Josh

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        Maureen038
        Participant

Josh, 

It's wonderful to hear that your surgery went well. I think you're making the best decision to go to MD Anderson. I hope they find a systematic treatment that is very effective !! Wishing you and your family the best!!!

Maureen

Maureen038
          Participant

Josh, 

It's wonderful to hear that your surgery went well. I think you're making the best decision to go to MD Anderson. I hope they find a systematic treatment that is very effective !! Wishing you and your family the best!!!

Maureen

Maureen038
            Participant

Josh, 

Maureen

Aubreesmommy41
              Participant

Praying for you on the 10th that the surgery was a success and a treatment option is perfect for you. Having faith you will be around many years to come for your family. Ijnip

Aubreesmommy41
                Participant

Praying for you on the 10th that the surgery was a success and a treatment option is perfect for you. Having faith you will be around many years to come for your family. Ijnip

Aubreesmommy41
                  Participant

Bubbles
                    Participant

Hey Joshie!!!!

Been thinking of you EVERY day!!!!  So glad that surg is over and done.  Sorry for the extensive report of lesions…some gone…some not…but…YOU GOT THIS!!!  Been blogging ASCO daily…come hell or high water for you and yours…we'll find what you need!!  May take a minute…but still!!!  Good luck at MDA!  Heal up.  Hang loose.  Not easy I know.  Love, c

JoshF
                        Participant

Haha!!! I needed that laugh. Everyone calls me Joshie so I found it funny.

I've been catching up on the blog, good stuff. You're so great to do that. We're blessed with your contributions…keep them coming. Love you!

Josh

JoshF
                          Participant

I've been catching up on the blog, good stuff. You're so great to do that. We're blessed with your contributions…keep them coming. Love you!

Josh

JoshF
                            Participant

Josh

Bubbles
                            Participant

Hey Joshie!!!!

Been thinking of you EVERY day!!!!  So glad that surg is over and done.  Sorry for the extensive report of lesions…some gone…some not…but…YOU GOT THIS!!!  Been blogging ASCO daily…come hell or high water for you and yours…we'll find what you need!!  May take a minute…but still!!!  Good luck at MDA!  Heal up.  Hang loose.  Not easy I know.  Love, c

Bubbles
                              Participant

Hey Joshie!!!!

Corinne
                                Participant

Josh,

I am glad you are coming to MD Anderson. My husband is being treated there by Dr. Amaria. I will be praying for you for strength, comfort, and healing.

corinne

Corinne
                                  Participant

Josh,

I am glad you are coming to MD Anderson. My husband is being treated there by Dr. Amaria. I will be praying for you for strength, comfort, and healing.

corinne

Corinne
                                    Participant

Josh,

corinne

Patrisa
                                      Participant

Dear Josh,

I too have been thinking of you and hoping for good news…

I am happy that the surgery went well and the biggest tumors are out of your system… Believe that proper treatment will take care of the rest ( i am such a believer in treatments available now), one will work for you…

i once read that mel is no longer a death sentence and found great comfort in that… Just stay positive and keep fighting… I can imagine how lonely sometimes a person can feel dealing with this disease (even if everyone is super supportive), but know that many of us round the world are in the same boat as you and are not giving up!!

You have so much to look forward in life so find that inner warrior and kick that mels ass!!!

love, 

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                        Participant

Dear Josh,

I am happy that the surgery went well and the biggest tumors are out of your system… Believe that proper treatment will take care of the rest ( i am such a believer in treatments available now), one will work for you…

i once read that mel is no longer a death sentence and found great comfort in that… Just stay positive and keep fighting… I can imagine how lonely sometimes a person can feel dealing with this disease (even if everyone is super supportive), but know that many of us round the world are in the same boat as you and are not giving up!!

You have so much to look forward in life so find that inner warrior and kick that mels ass!!!

love, 

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                          Participant

Dear Josh,

love, 

Patrisa

kpcollins31
                                            Participant

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Orange sized tumors are pretty large – great to get those out of there. Sounds like they took care of some other smaller issues while they were in there so that is good too. Try not to get too depressed… melanoma seems like a twisted game of whack-a-mole sometimes. I know my mood shifts from good to bad and back again on occasion. I tore my Achilles about a month ago and had to delay a follow-up melanoma scan visit due to surgery – I was not too confident going into that appointment and I have to remind myself that worrying about it will not help. Hope the visit to MD Anderson goes well – will be curious to see what they recommend. Hang in there!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                              Participant

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Orange sized tumors are pretty large – great to get those out of there. Sounds like they took care of some other smaller issues while they were in there so that is good too. Try not to get too depressed… melanoma seems like a twisted game of whack-a-mole sometimes. I know my mood shifts from good to bad and back again on occasion. I tore my Achilles about a month ago and had to delay a follow-up melanoma scan visit due to surgery – I was not too confident going into that appointment and I have to remind myself that worrying about it will not help. Hope the visit to MD Anderson goes well – will be curious to see what they recommend. Hang in there!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                Participant

Kevin

jade1111
                                                  Participant

Just wanted to send you lots of prayers and healing and gold light and all that is powerful healing medicine!!

Read some of your posts and very moved by your story. Thanks for the update. Go MD Anderson!

jade1111
                                                    Participant

Just wanted to send you lots of prayers and healing and gold light and all that is powerful healing medicine!!

Read some of your posts and very moved by your story. Thanks for the update. Go MD Anderson!

jade1111
                                                      Participant

Mat
                                                        Participant

Josh, glad to hear that you're doing well.  Good luck at MDA.  Try to stay at the Rotary House if available.  Connected to MDA via skybridge.  Wait until you see MDA–it is like a cancer Disney World.  Incredibly massive and crowded.

Mat
                                                          Participant

Josh, glad to hear that you're doing well.  Good luck at MDA.  Try to stay at the Rotary House if available.  Connected to MDA via skybridge.  Wait until you see MDA–it is like a cancer Disney World.  Incredibly massive and crowded.

Mat
                                                            Participant

SABKLYN
                                                              Participant

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the update and glad all went well!  I think MD Anderson is a good move too!  

Having those large growths removed would in any case lower the tumor burden on whatever therapy you decide to pursue.  

one big step out of,the way!  Best wishes and prayers for you on your journey !

stan

SABKLYN
                                                                Participant

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the update and glad all went well!  I think MD Anderson is a good move too!  

Having those large growths removed would in any case lower the tumor burden on whatever therapy you decide to pursue.  

stan

SABKLYN
                                                                  Participant

Hey Josh,

stan

Polymath
                                                                    Participant

Hi Josh,

Excellent news.  The really large tumors appear to be very difficult to defeat via immunotherapy (my case anyway) so knocking them out of the way should help create a path for a more systemic fix.  Rest and get better, so you are ready for the next phase of treatment.  It sounds as though you remain in good hands, and have lots of good vibes heading your way.

Aloha, Gary

Polymath
                                                                      Participant

Hi Josh,

Excellent news.  The really large tumors appear to be very difficult to defeat via immunotherapy (my case anyway) so knocking them out of the way should help create a path for a more systemic fix.  Rest and get better, so you are ready for the next phase of treatment.  It sounds as though you remain in good hands, and have lots of good vibes heading your way.

Aloha, Gary

Polymath
                                                                        Participant

Hi Josh,

Aloha, Gary

Jubes
                                                                          Participant

Hey josh

sorry you are going through so much. But so glad they took those big tumours out! Hope you heal quickly and get on with the systemic treatment for the liver mets. 

I am thinking of you and hoping for quick results after you heal up

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                            Participant

Hey josh

sorry you are going through so much. But so glad they took those big tumours out! Hope you heal quickly and get on with the systemic treatment for the liver mets. 

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                              Participant

Hey josh

anne-Louise 

Kimba67
                                                                                Participant

Prayers lifted for you, my friend.

Kimba67
                                                                                  Participant

Kimba67
                                                                                    Participant

jenny22
                                                                                      Participant

HI Josh- Was just thinking about you and realized the 10th is Friday….wanted to wish you good luck for your visit to MDA. 

Will be interested to hear what they suggest. Glad to hear the surgery went well…but sorry there are new things to be concered about.

Thinking about you and wishing you good luck!!!

all the best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                        Participant

HI Josh- Was just thinking about you and realized the 10th is Friday….wanted to wish you good luck for your visit to MDA. 

Will be interested to hear what they suggest. Glad to hear the surgery went well…but sorry there are new things to be concered about.

all the best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                          Participant

all the best,

jenny

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics