The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community PET tomorrow

Participant
      Tomorrow is the day for Kevin. PET scan to see if the thickness of the small bowel seen on the CT is a met, or something else. I’m staying hopeful that it is nothing, yet fully ready to hear that it is back, more surgery & time for treatments. We have successfully avoided interferon, IL-2, ipi, and the such by just surgical removal, but not 100% sure we’ll be able to dodge another one. I enjoy reading the positivity from all of you on how ipi isn’t that bad, how so many of you are living such long productive lives even after a stage 4 diagnosis. Honestly, that is what is keeping me hopefully optimistic. If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for Kevin tomorrow. I’m praying for him, for his doctors and also for my friends who will be watching my 3 children while we attend the appointment together. Updates to come. . .
    Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Prayers sent to Kevin and family.Keep your PMA (positive mind attitude) as high as posible.Like you say many live productive lives with a stage 4 diagnosis.Praying ond day soon medcine will kick mels ass very soon.   aldakota

aldakota22
          Participant

Prayers sent to Kevin and family.Keep your PMA (positive mind attitude) as high as posible.Like you say many live productive lives with a stage 4 diagnosis.Praying ond day soon medcine will kick mels ass very soon.   aldakota

aldakota22
            Participant

kpcollins31
              Participant

To put my current thoughts into words… I feel like tomorrow is a very important test that I have no way of preparing for and that the results are likely to strongly dicate the quality and duration of the rest of my life. No pressure smiley.

Kevin

mwcollins
                  Participant

Babe- we'll get through this!  Not to diminish the severity, but if it is back, you'll have surgery and we'll go from there.  I'll take care of you, and your quality of life will remain strong, but just different for many years to come.  Your boys need you!

mwcollins
                    Participant

Babe- we'll get through this!  Not to diminish the severity, but if it is back, you'll have surgery and we'll go from there.  I'll take care of you, and your quality of life will remain strong, but just different for many years to come.  Your boys need you!

mwcollins
                      Participant

kpcollins31
                      Participant

To put my current thoughts into words… I feel like tomorrow is a very important test that I have no way of preparing for and that the results are likely to strongly dicate the quality and duration of the rest of my life. No pressure smiley.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                        Participant

Kevin

Janet Lee
                          Participant

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both tomorrow. I consider you fortunate to have been able to excise the mets. My husband has been responding to Ipi partially — that is, some major mets have been stable for a few months now, but he does have recurring problems in his pelvic area. This last inflammation cannot be handled surgically, so he will be doing radiation. He had very little side effects from the Ipi. So, best of luck to you, and lots of prayers coming your way!

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                            Participant

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both tomorrow. I consider you fortunate to have been able to excise the mets. My husband has been responding to Ipi partially — that is, some major mets have been stable for a few months now, but he does have recurring problems in his pelvic area. This last inflammation cannot be handled surgically, so he will be doing radiation. He had very little side effects from the Ipi. So, best of luck to you, and lots of prayers coming your way!

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                              Participant

Janet Lee

Jahendry12
                                Participant

Saying a prayer for your family.  Sending you strength & courage to face whatever the future holds.  We are all in this with you and will be here if you need someone to talk to.

As most of us in this situation do, I live my life only planning 3 months at a time.  One CT at a time hoping and praying for good news with each scan. 

Hang in there, try to get a good nights sleep, and know that good thoughts are being sent your way.

Julie

Jahendry12
                                  Participant

Saying a prayer for your family.  Sending you strength & courage to face whatever the future holds.  We are all in this with you and will be here if you need someone to talk to.

As most of us in this situation do, I live my life only planning 3 months at a time.  One CT at a time hoping and praying for good news with each scan. 

Hang in there, try to get a good nights sleep, and know that good thoughts are being sent your way.

Julie

Jahendry12
                                    Participant

Julie

GAngel
                                      Participant

I am praying for your family. The most important thing is to remain positive and to  keep the faith through the difficulties that may come. There are many believers on this forum who believe in the power of prayer, like myself.  I'll be praying for Kevin tomorrow and everyday thereafter, you can count on it! 

God Bless you and yours,

Gina (wife of Rudy, Stage IV)

GAngel
                                        Participant

I am praying for your family. The most important thing is to remain positive and to  keep the faith through the difficulties that may come. There are many believers on this forum who believe in the power of prayer, like myself.  I'll be praying for Kevin tomorrow and everyday thereafter, you can count on it! 

God Bless you and yours,

GAngel
                                          Participant

God Bless you and yours,

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics