The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pet Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Pet Scan Results

Participant

What a long day but a good one. Pet/CT came back negative. This is obviously best case scenario. My onc didn't want to say for sure but feels that this could be residual due to immune system possibly not recognizing remaining cells form surgery. I had surgery in mid Spet 2013 and treatment started fairly quick after met was found in lung. I never had the surgery to get clear margins…I do remember the surgical onc saying that it may be necessary to go back in after treatment but it never seemed like a concern after I finished IL-2 last January.

Seeing that I'm NED again, the doc said watch & wait. Ipi was discussed but advised against because of no measurable disease. Again, they feel it's only a local recurrence.  Do they ever really know? I know there is not a lot out there for adjuvant treatment that is either available or effective. Anyone do ipi as "maintenance"?

I feel very blessed and fortunate as PET was clear…still gives me hope that I was repsonder to ipi & HD-IL2 combo trial I'm in. Things can always be worse but just having the beast involved in your world at all is stressful; which is why I appreciate each and everyone of you for your support, advice, inspiration and encouragment. Wishing everyone the best!

Josh

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

Congrats, Josh.   Best case scenario. 

Good luck to you!

Brendan

Brendan
          Participant

Good luck to you!

Brendan

Brendan
            Participant

Good luck to you!

Brendan

Momrn5
              Participant

Yay! Great news Josh!

Momrn5
                Participant

Yay! Great news Josh!

Momrn5
                  Participant

Yay! Great news Josh!

_Paul_
                    Participant

Awesome news Josh! What a beautiful acronym: NED.

_Paul_
                      Participant

_Paul_
                        Participant

JustMeInCA
                          Participant

Yay for you — very happy to hear this!

JustMeInCA
                            Participant

JustMeInCA
                              Participant

jbronicki
                                Participant

That is great news, very glad to hear it!  Nothing better than hearing good news!  Congrats.

jbronicki
                                  Participant

That is great news, very glad to hear it!  Nothing better than hearing good news!  Congrats.

jbronicki
                                    Participant

Jsneathen21
                                      Participant

Yay!!!! I am so happy to hear this!!!!:)

Jsneathen21
                                        Participant

Jsneathen21
                                          Participant

kpcollins31
                                            Participant

Congratulations, Josh – that is great news.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                              Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                Participant

Kevin

Mat
                                                  Participant

Awesome news!

Mat
                                                    Participant

Awesome news!

Mat
                                                      Participant

Awesome news!

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

Wonderful, Josh!  C

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

Wonderful, Josh!  C

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

Wonderful, Josh!  C

Maureen038
                                                                Participant

That's such awesome news Josh!!

Maureen038
                                                                  Participant

Maureen038
                                                                    Participant

jenny22
                                                                    Participant

Josh- such great news…I am SO happy for you!!!! May it continue

j

jenny22
                                                                      Participant

j

jenny22
                                                                        Participant

j

Jewel
                                                                            Participant

Awesome!!!!

Jewel
                                                                              Participant

Awesome!!!!

Jewel
                                                                                Participant

Awesome!!!!

KMick
                                                                                Participant

Hey Josh,

When I saw your post title tonight I found myself saying before I clicked on the post to read it "Please, please let the news be good."  I am so, so happy to read this good news!  Awesome!

KMick
                                                                                  Participant

Hey Josh,

When I saw your post title tonight I found myself saying before I clicked on the post to read it "Please, please let the news be good."  I am so, so happy to read this good news!  Awesome!

KMick
                                                                                    Participant

Hey Josh,

JoshF
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks everyone…I really appreciate the support, kind words etc…

Now the trick is to stay NED and get more and more us NED until we have a cure or  more effective treatment options!

JoshF
                                                                                        Participant

Now the trick is to stay NED and get more and more us NED until we have a cure or  more effective treatment options!

JoshF
                                                                                          Participant

MattF
                                                                                            Participant

NICE!

MattF
                                                                                              Participant

NICE!

MattF
                                                                                                Participant

NICE!

evieg
                                                                                                  Participant

Awesome News!!

evieg
                                                                                                    Participant

Awesome News!!

evieg
                                                                                                      Participant

Awesome News!!

Jahendry12
                                                                                                        Participant

So happy for you Josh!

Jahendry12
                                                                                                          Participant

So happy for you Josh!

Jahendry12
                                                                                                            Participant

So happy for you Josh!

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics