The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

One year…all clear!

Forums General Melanoma Community One year…all clear!

Participant

Hey Warriors,

Just a quick update. All scans were clear on Monday and this marks one year NED!! I dutifully completed my 25th…or maybe 26th… round of Pembro and look forward to completing the trreatment regimen later this year.

What a wild ride that past two+ years have been..Stage II, surgery, Stage 4, clinical trials with PV-10 + Pembro, more surgery, more Pembro…I know many of you can relate and continue to relate as you wage war.

I wish this relief for each and every one of you. Although I will never turn my back on the possiblity of the enemy returning, it doesnt consume my thought process like it did in the beginning…life is becoming, dare I say, "normal" as it relates to medical concerns. However, my life is definitely not "normal" as it was before Melanoma. I take some time every day to appreciate the fact that I am still here. I plan things that I put off in the past. I still subscribe to the idea that living life is some of the best medicine against this bastard of a disease. I continue to pray for all of you, that in your battles you grow stronger, live better, and are happier.

Warrior On!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

Wonderful news – love your attitude!  In two weeks, myhusband has his first quarterly scans since he was NED in January.  I'm more nervous about these than I was in the past.  Maybe will feel more comfortable in a year!  Keep on keepin' on!

Ann

Newmanbell
            Participant

I logged in today just to see how you made out.  So great to hear….

Donna – husband who is Stage 3b

TexMelanomex
              Participant

Thanks Donna, I wish the same for your husband!!

TexMelanomex
                Participant

I can relate Ann! Until you get the "NED news" each scan brings the hope that nothing has worsened..once you get the NED news each scan brings the anxiety of "what if it came back". I wondered if that would ever get much easier, maybe once you get several years behind you…but I can say that this round seemed easier, perhaps a little more confidence that its not a fluke and this bastard has been whipped! I'll keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers that his scans are all clear and more good news just keeps coming your way!

Warrior On!

Casitas1
                Participant

Well done!

sister of patient
                  Participant

Hats off to you Tex!!! Way to go!! May NED be your forever state!!!!!!! Best wishes.

Barb

sister of patient
                    Participant

Hats off to you Tex!!! Way to go!! May NED be your forever state!!!!!!! Best wishes.

Barb

guynamedbilly
                      Participant

That's fantastic. Congrats!  Time to celebrate

cjm22
                        Participant

YAY!!!

BillB
                          Participant

Congrats Tex and may all future scans be NED!!!!!

Bill

Bubbles
                            Participant

How wonderful, Tex!!!  I am so happy for you!!  Live LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!  love, les

Coragirl
                              Participant

Great news! Very happy for you and your family.

GeoTony
                                Participant

Superb news, an insperation to us all

Tony

GeoTony
                                    Participant

even if I can't spell  smiley

TexMelanomex
                                      Participant

Thanks Tony! No matter how you spell it, I appreciate it!

Johnjk04
                                      Participant

Simply marvelous TM, may your blessings continue.

DZnDef
                                        Participant

Congratulations, Tex!  What wonderful words to write:  Onr year all clear.  I look forward to your annual “all clear” update.

Cheers!

Maggie

TexMelanomex
                                            Participant

Thanks Maggie! I look forward to hearing about lots of NED results this year from all of the Warriors!

Scooby123
                                            Participant
                                              Thanks for posting great news and encouraging for all fighting the war.
                                              Hope NED for ever x
                                              Scooby
                                                TexMelanomex
                                                Participant

Thank you Scooby! I hope you are well!

sing123
                                                Participant

So wonderful. Much congrats!!!

lkb
                                                  Participant

Cowabunga!!! And thanks for the encouragement–always helps.

Lisa

TexMelanomex
                                                      Participant

Thanks Lisa, you are a Warrior!

jbronicki
                                                      Participant

Woo hoo Tex!  That is the best news to wake up to today.  So happy for you and you deserve so much credit for facing this disease head on and advocating for yourself and all of melanoma peeps.  You are a true warrior on every level. Thank you!  Texas is lucky to have you!

TexMelanomex
                                                          Participant

Thanks Jackie, I should be back down at MDA on the 22nd and 23rd for another round. Maybe we can all link up on the next trip?

AMcReader
                                                          Participant

Wahooo!!! A whole year of NED what a relief! Wishing you forever NED-ness! Thanks for always checking in to share your progress, these stories give us all hope!

TexMelanomex
                                                              Participant

Thanks Amanda, I hope you are taking the fight to the enemy and kicking some Melanoma A$$!

WithinMySkin
                                                              Participant

Amazing news!!! You're such a fighter and such an inspiration, Tex! Warrior On!!!!

Lauren

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics