The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED Four Years Stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community NED Four Years Stage IV

Participant

I don't post often, but still feel very connected to this community. My latest PET confirms that I have been clear since I finished my last round of Temodar for a pulmonary met in December 2007. I feel beyond lucky and my heart goes out to everyone dealing with any stage of this disease!

I don't post often, but still feel very connected to this community. My latest PET confirms that I have been clear since I finished my last round of Temodar for a pulmonary met in December 2007. I feel beyond lucky and my heart goes out to everyone dealing with any stage of this disease!

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        TracyLee
        Participant

Nancy,

THANK YOU for this NED post!!!! It gives all of us (especially stage IV) hope for the future.

Congratulations on hitting an awesome milestone. What a wonderful gift to get right before Thanksgiving.

TracyLee Stage IV May 2011

TracyLee
          Participant

Nancy,

THANK YOU for this NED post!!!! It gives all of us (especially stage IV) hope for the future.

Congratulations on hitting an awesome milestone. What a wonderful gift to get right before Thanksgiving.

TracyLee
            Participant

Nancy,

Jewel
              Participant

Nancy,

All I can say is THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! enjoy your holidays:) As a spouse I can only hope that I get to spend MANY more years with my husband!!! So happy for you!!!

Jewel

Jewel
                Participant

Nancy,

All I can say is THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! enjoy your holidays:) As a spouse I can only hope that I get to spend MANY more years with my husband!!! So happy for you!!!

Jewel

Jewel
                  Participant

Nancy,

Jewel

MariaH
                    Participant

Congratulations!  You're post had perfect timing for us… my hubby is doing temodar now for mets in his lymph nodes in lung (after failing IL-2).

Thank you so much for letting us know – and best wishes to you.

MariaH
                      Participant

Congratulations!  You're post had perfect timing for us… my hubby is doing temodar now for mets in his lymph nodes in lung (after failing IL-2).

MariaH
                        Participant

Charlie S
                          Participant

YOU are what people live for here.

Thanks,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                            Participant

Thanks,

Charlie S

Lisa13
                                Participant
                                  Nancy,

Congratulations! I”m so very happy for you and wish you continued years of Ned.

Most types of chemotherapy rarely brings long term remission (or so all those stupid statistics mention) but you are living proof that these drugs can work on people.

Thank you for giving us all hope.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                  Participant
                                    Nancy,

Most types of chemotherapy rarely brings long term remission (or so all those stupid statistics mention) but you are living proof that these drugs can work on people.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                    Participant
                                      Nancy,

Lisa

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Thanks,

Charlie S

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Congratulations on this remarkable achievement! I have just had a quick read of your treatment history, and it looks like Temodar was the right treatment at the right time for you!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Congratulations on this remarkable achievement! I have just had a quick read of your treatment history, and it looks like Temodar was the right treatment at the right time for you!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                          Participant

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

triciad
                                            Participant

Congratulations!  I wish you all the best for continued NED status for many decades!

triciad
                                              Participant

Congratulations!  I wish you all the best for continued NED status for many decades!

Laurie from maine
                                                  Participant

wow congratulations and THANK YOU for posting.  It has been hard on here lately – I know that sometimes happens.  But soo good to hear such great news, gives everyone a boost of HOPE.

thank you

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                    Participant

wow congratulations and THANK YOU for posting.  It has been hard on here lately – I know that sometimes happens.  But soo good to hear such great news, gives everyone a boost of HOPE.

thank you

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                      Participant

thank you

laurie from maine

triciad
                                                      Participant

Gene_S
                                                        Participant

Congratulations it is so good to hear good news.  I hope you continue having good results in the future.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene stage IV)

Gene_S
                                                          Participant

Congratulations it is so good to hear good news.  I hope you continue having good results in the future.

Gene_S
                                                            Participant

paul
                                                              Participant

Thanks for posting, Nancy. I am currently on Temodar, and it's nice to here that it was effective in managing your cancer. 

Paul

paul
                                                                Participant

Thanks for posting, Nancy. I am currently on Temodar, and it's nice to here that it was effective in managing your cancer. 

Paul

paul
                                                                  Participant

Paul

LynnLuc
                                                                    Participant

That is awesome news!! Keep going for 50 more please!

LynnLuc
                                                                      Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                        Participant

AlisonC
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Congratulations πŸ™‚ thank you for coming to post the encouraging news….and best wishes that you get decades more NED from that temodar πŸ™‚

AlisonC
                                                                            Stage IIIB
                                                                            NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Congratulations πŸ™‚ thank you for coming to post the encouraging news….and best wishes that you get decades more NED from that temodar πŸ™‚

AlisonC
                                                                              Stage IIIB
                                                                              NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                              Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                Stage IIIB
                                                                                NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                  Stage IIIB
                                                                                  NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                  Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                    Stage IIIB
                                                                                    NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                    Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                      Stage IIIB
                                                                                      NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                      Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                        Stage IIIB
                                                                                        NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                        Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                          Stage IIIB
                                                                                          NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                                                          Participant

AlisonC
                                                                                            Stage IIIB
                                                                                            NED since 2001

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics