The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My Angel David

Forums General Melanoma Community My Angel David

Participant

It is with a broken heart that I tell you that Dave passed away last night at 6:29 pm with me and his two best friends by his side.  He was my best friend and the love of my life. I will miss him forever.

It is with a broken heart that I tell you that Dave passed away last night at 6:29 pm with me and his two best friends by his side.  He was my best friend and the love of my life. I will miss him forever.

Because our local hospice does not do iv pain management, we were unable to bring him home with us.  But because of David – that will change.  Not only is Roswell pushing for a palliative care floor in the hospital (they pulled some strings to keep him there where he was comfortable and free of pain), but a whole communitly is working towards changing the hospice services offered to our small community.  I cannot think of a better legacy for David.

My caregiving duties will not stop – I will always continue to offer support to other cancer patients and their families.  He fought until the end, and I could not be more proud to have been his wife for the last 16 years.  Not once did he complain, or ask "why me".  He is the most amazing person I've ever met.

To all my fellow warriors out there ,  I ask this of you: do not let melanoma take a single day from you. 

Much love to all of you… and please, please, remember – DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!

Maria

Viewing 65 reply threads
    • Replies
        deardad
        Participant

Dear Maria,

Please accept my sincere condolences. Dave was a true warrior and you a wonderful loving caregiver.

I'm very sad, but glad he now rests in peace.

You have been a wonderful support to me and many others on this forum, thank you.

Take care of yourself Maria,

Love Nahmi

deardad
          Participant

Dear Maria,

Please accept my sincere condolences. Dave was a true warrior and you a wonderful loving caregiver.

You have been a wonderful support to me and many others on this forum, thank you.

Love Nahmi

deardad
            Participant

Dear Maria,

Love Nahmi

shellebrownies
              Participant

Maria,

Your note has pulled me out of hiding. (Since my own husband's passing, I have lurked here from time to time, but rarely post.) I needed to tell you that I am thinking of you and that you are in my prayers. I am sad the two of you are parted, but glad to know Dave is no longer in pain. I am also glad to hear that his legacy will help so many others…what a special gift to give and receive. 

Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Michelle

shellebrownies
                Participant

Maria,

Your note has pulled me out of hiding. (Since my own husband's passing, I have lurked here from time to time, but rarely post.) I needed to tell you that I am thinking of you and that you are in my prayers. I am sad the two of you are parted, but glad to know Dave is no longer in pain. I am also glad to hear that his legacy will help so many others…what a special gift to give and receive. 

Michelle

shellebrownies
                  Participant

Maria,

Michelle

aldakota22
                    Participant

Maria so very sorry about  Daves passing.Your tribute to the love of your life choked me up, something that does not come easy.Let him RIP.Both of you will always be in my prayers.You are right never give up. Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Maria so very sorry about  Daves passing.Your tribute to the love of your life choked me up, something that does not come easy.Let him RIP.Both of you will always be in my prayers.You are right never give up. Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

Lilbrat
                          Participant

Maria, I am so very sorry – I know how hard it is – I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer almost two years ago.  If you want someone to correspond with – let me know, I'll send you my e-mail address.  In the meantime, you are in my prayers.  Phyl.

Lilbrat
                            Participant

Maria, I am so very sorry – I know how hard it is – I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer almost two years ago.  If you want someone to correspond with – let me know, I'll send you my e-mail address.  In the meantime, you are in my prayers.  Phyl.

Lilbrat
                              Participant

hope4cure1
                                Participant

Maria, if there was a way to hug you, a lot of us would be on your doorstep right now.  You continue to demonstrate such dignity and compassion, even during a very painful time.  Dave's love will remain in your heart, and guide you in furthering his legacy.  The way you have expressed the love you shared, makes clear the powerful gift you have always been to each other.   I wish you peace and the support of family and friends.  Our hearts are with you.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                  Participant

Maria, if there was a way to hug you, a lot of us would be on your doorstep right now.  You continue to demonstrate such dignity and compassion, even during a very painful time.  Dave's love will remain in your heart, and guide you in furthering his legacy.  The way you have expressed the love you shared, makes clear the powerful gift you have always been to each other.   I wish you peace and the support of family and friends.  Our hearts are with you.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                    Participant

Hope

Phil S
                                      Participant
                                        Maria, I am so glad David is at peace and free from melanoma’s grasp, he was a true warrior! What a wonderful tribute that hospice in your area will reevaluate their pain management policies. You have handled this difficult situation with strength and grace, and I have always admired you. Not only, did you love, care, and support David, but you provided information, care, and support for this Board. I hope you and your kids find love and peace in your memories, it sounds like David was a wonderful husband and father, who left his imprint on all of you forever. God bless, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                                        Phil S
                                        Participant
                                          Maria, I am so glad David is at peace and free from melanoma’s grasp, he was a true warrior! What a wonderful tribute that hospice in your area will reevaluate their pain management policies. You have handled this difficult situation with strength and grace, and I have always admired you. Not only, did you love, care, and support David, but you provided information, care, and support for this Board. I hope you and your kids find love and peace in your memories, it sounds like David was a wonderful husband and father, who left his imprint on all of you forever. God bless, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                                          Phil S
                                          Participant
                                            Gene_S
                                            Participant

I am very sorry for your loss and you and the family will be in my prayers.

It is great news that your community will now work as a better hospice plan for care but it is a great shame that they didn't have something in place before to help Dave and you through this process.

Please take good care of yourself.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene)

Gene_S
                                              Participant

It is great news that your community will now work as a better hospice plan for care but it is a great shame that they didn't have something in place before to help Dave and you through this process.

Gene_S
                                                Participant

CarolA
                                                  Participant

Dear Maria,

I wish I could express as eloquently as you do, so that you would receive words from me conveying how I will never forget Dave, or you.   Your example of love and care for each other is an example for all.   I am so sorry for your loss of your husband, your best friend.   My heart hurts for you and yours.   May God bless all of you and may the following days filled with the love and support that you have shared so graciously with melanoma warriors.  

Please keep us posted as to your community's efforts with hospice, and I hope I will read of Roswell's improvements towards palliative care.

I am so sad that your life with Dave had to travel through this road.   It never makes sense, but is especially hard to accept when melanoma touches such exceptional people.   Agaiin, my sincere condolences, Maria.

CarolA

Amhert, NY

CarolA
                                                    Participant

Dear Maria,

I wish I could express as eloquently as you do, so that you would receive words from me conveying how I will never forget Dave, or you.   Your example of love and care for each other is an example for all.   I am so sorry for your loss of your husband, your best friend.   My heart hurts for you and yours.   May God bless all of you and may the following days filled with the love and support that you have shared so graciously with melanoma warriors.  

Please keep us posted as to your community's efforts with hospice, and I hope I will read of Roswell's improvements towards palliative care.

I am so sad that your life with Dave had to travel through this road.   It never makes sense, but is especially hard to accept when melanoma touches such exceptional people.   Agaiin, my sincere condolences, Maria.

CarolA

Amhert, NY

CarolA
                                                      Participant

Dear Maria,

CarolA

Amhert, NY

triciad
                                                        Participant

Maria,

My heart is broken.  Just weeks ago, it seemed that things were improving with Dave.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  You and your entire family are in my prayers.  He was a lucky man to have you in his life!

Tricia

triciad
                                                          Participant

Maria,

My heart is broken.  Just weeks ago, it seemed that things were improving with Dave.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  You and your entire family are in my prayers.  He was a lucky man to have you in his life!

Tricia

triciad
                                                            Participant

Maria,

Tricia

jag
                                                              Participant

Maria, 

I am very sorry that you lost one of the most important and loved people in your life.  He was very lucky to have his highschool sweetheart looking after him all through his treatments.

God Bless

John

jag
                                                                Participant

Maria, 

I am very sorry that you lost one of the most important and loved people in your life.  He was very lucky to have his highschool sweetheart looking after him all through his treatments.

God Bless

John

jag
                                                                  Participant

Maria, 

God Bless

John

Richard_K
                                                                    Participant

Maria

I am so very saddened to read this news.  God bless.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                      Participant

Maria

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                        Participant

Maria

Dick

Lori C
                                                                          Participant

I am very sorry for your loss and may his memory be for a blessing.  May you be kept well and strong and thank you for your courage in continuing the fight.

Lori C
                                                                            Participant

I am very sorry for your loss and may his memory be for a blessing.  May you be kept well and strong and thank you for your courage in continuing the fight.

Lori C
                                                                              Participant

washoegal
                                                                                Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You both fought a brave fight.  I pray that you find peace and are eventually able to move forward.  May Dave always be remembered with love and for the complete person he was.

Mary,

Stage 3

washoegal
                                                                                  Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You both fought a brave fight.  I pray that you find peace and are eventually able to move forward.  May Dave always be remembered with love and for the complete person he was.

Mary,

Stage 3

washoegal
                                                                                    Participant

Maria,

Mary,

Stage 3

Swanee
                                                                                      Participant

Dearest Maria,

It is with deep sadness to read this post and know that you are now suffering from a broken heart as you say good bye and let your Dave go.  In the days, weeks and months ahead may you take comfort in all the love, care and strength that you poured on Dave as you fought so hard along side him to win this battle.   It was so evident…it was your battle too.       I am amazed at your courage and find your strength a gift to so many of us here.  You and Dave offered so much love and support to everyone on this board and showed such a fighting spirit to lead the way.  May life give back to you ten fold and I hope you always feel Dave's spirit with you, holding you up now and guiding you forward into the future, by yourself….. but still with him.  Love and strength to you Maria…..  God Bless!

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                        Participant

Dearest Maria,

It is with deep sadness to read this post and know that you are now suffering from a broken heart as you say good bye and let your Dave go.  In the days, weeks and months ahead may you take comfort in all the love, care and strength that you poured on Dave as you fought so hard along side him to win this battle.   It was so evident…it was your battle too.       I am amazed at your courage and find your strength a gift to so many of us here.  You and Dave offered so much love and support to everyone on this board and showed such a fighting spirit to lead the way.  May life give back to you ten fold and I hope you always feel Dave's spirit with you, holding you up now and guiding you forward into the future, by yourself….. but still with him.  Love and strength to you Maria…..  God Bless!

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                          Participant

Dearest Maria,

Swanee

gabsound
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              Maria,
                                                                                              I had tears streaming down my face as I read your news. I can just feel your love for Dave through all the words you have written on this board. I am so sorry that you have lost your dear husband. He was a lucky man to have you by his side fighting along with him. You were blessed to have Dave as your partner in life and I pray you have the strength to advocate for the changes that need to be made for future patients as a legacy to Dave.

I also pray for peace for you and your friends and family and for many blessings in your future.

Thank you for being the beautiful caring person you have been on this board. Please check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                Maria,
                                                                                                I had tears streaming down my face as I read your news. I can just feel your love for Dave through all the words you have written on this board. I am so sorry that you have lost your dear husband. He was a lucky man to have you by his side fighting along with him. You were blessed to have Dave as your partner in life and I pray you have the strength to advocate for the changes that need to be made for future patients as a legacy to Dave.

I also pray for peace for you and your friends and family and for many blessings in your future.

Thank you for being the beautiful caring person you have been on this board. Please check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  Maria,

Julie in Las Vegas

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                  Participant

Maria, my heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow. You and your family continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                    Participant

Maria, my heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow. You and your family continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                      Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Ali
                                                                                                        Participant

So, so sorry Maria.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ali
                                                                                                          Participant

Ali
                                                                                                            Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                                              Participant

My heart reaches out for yours.  You have given such support for so many.  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                                                                Participant

My heart reaches out for yours.  You have given such support for so many.  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                                                                  Participant

benp
                                                                                                                    Participant

Really sorry to hear of this Maria my heart goes out to you.

benp
                                                                                                                      Participant

benp
                                                                                                                        Participant

KRob
                                                                                                                          Participant

Deepest of condolences to you, Maria, and all those whose lives were graced by your husband David.

What a wonderful legacy to leave as future cancer patients will now have the opportunity to be home when they pass.

Hope and prayers for healing as you go through this sorrowful time.

Karen

KRob
                                                                                                                            Participant

Deepest of condolences to you, Maria, and all those whose lives were graced by your husband David.

What a wonderful legacy to leave as future cancer patients will now have the opportunity to be home when they pass.

Karen

KRob
                                                                                                                              Participant

Karen

s Mom
                                                                                                                                Participant

So sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my prayers – that's all I can say.  

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                                                                                                                                  Participant

So sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my prayers – that's all I can say.  

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

heg50heg
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Maria, I am so sorry to hear of your husband Daves passing. May he rest in peice after his long battle with melanoma and I and many others are certainly praying for you to get through this time also.

heg50heg
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Maria, I am so sorry to hear of your husband Daves passing. May he rest in peice after his long battle with melanoma and I and many others are certainly praying for you to get through this time also.

heg50heg
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 65 reply threads
                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics