The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma wins, but not without a fight.

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma wins, but not without a fight.

Participant

After a non-stop battle of almost two years, my husband died the day after Christmas.  Despite repeatedly having unsuccessful treatments, he never gave up.  He had a treatment just one week before succumbing to an infection and was practical joking just days before.   If he were here to talk to all of you, he'd tell you he didn't regret trying every possible option and maintaining hope for himself and our daughter and me. 

After a non-stop battle of almost two years, my husband died the day after Christmas.  Despite repeatedly having unsuccessful treatments, he never gave up.  He had a treatment just one week before succumbing to an infection and was practical joking just days before.   If he were here to talk to all of you, he'd tell you he didn't regret trying every possible option and maintaining hope for himself and our daughter and me. 

Thank you for all of the support I have found on this site.  The human spirit continues to amaze me.  My wish for all of you is peace with whatever your path is and the courage to take it.

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        justlittleoleme
        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  May his unending spirit support you and your daughter through these tough days of grief.  I will be praying for you both.

justlittleoleme
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  May his unending spirit support you and your daughter through these tough days of grief.  I will be praying for you both.

justlittleoleme
            Participant

hope4cure1
              Participant

I am so sorry to hear your news.  From reading your posts, it is clear that your husband's courage and determination stayed with him, and that you were his ardent source of continuing support and encouragement.  I hope that your personal motto in your profile helps you during these difficult times.  Big hugs to you and your daughter.

Hope

hope4cure1
                Participant

I am so sorry to hear your news.  From reading your posts, it is clear that your husband's courage and determination stayed with him, and that you were his ardent source of continuing support and encouragement.  I hope that your personal motto in your profile helps you during these difficult times.  Big hugs to you and your daughter.

Hope

hope4cure1
                  Participant

Hope

Lori C
                    Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  May your husband's courage and spirit remain close to you and your daughter and give you strength.

Lori

Lori C
                      Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  May your husband's courage and spirit remain close to you and your daughter and give you strength.

Lori

Lori C
                        Participant

Lori

Phil S
                          Participant
                            I am so very sorry for your loss, please know that others are thinking about you and your daughter and wishing you strength during the next part of your journey. I love the picture on your profile, and hope your memories provide comfort. Your husband fought the good fight, and now he is at peace. Keep your believe in the human spirit and let others help support you during this difficult time. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            Phil S
                            Participant
                              I am so very sorry for your loss, please know that others are thinking about you and your daughter and wishing you strength during the next part of your journey. I love the picture on your profile, and hope your memories provide comfort. Your husband fought the good fight, and now he is at peace. Keep your believe in the human spirit and let others help support you during this difficult time. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                shellebrownies
                                Participant

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you love, peace and healing for you and all of your family. 

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                  Participant

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you love, peace and healing for you and all of your family. 

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                    Participant

Michelle

davidfromsingapore
                                      Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your attitude already says that you will be in inspiration to your husband.  All the best to you, DavidfromSingapore

davidfromsingapore
                                        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your attitude already says that you will be in inspiration to your husband.  All the best to you, DavidfromSingapore

davidfromsingapore
                                          Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                            Participant

I am deeply saddened to read that your husband has passed away. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                              Participant

I am deeply saddened to read that your husband has passed away. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

Glad to have tried to help you.  Sorry for the final outcome. Proud of the fight and attitude your man exhibited.

JerryfromFauq
                                                    Participant

Glad to have tried to help you.  Sorry for the final outcome. Proud of the fight and attitude your man exhibited.

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Richard_K
                                                        Participant

So very sorry to hear this news.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                          Participant

Dick

Richard_K
                                                            Participant

Dick

CLPrice31
                                                              Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. From this brief post it sounds like your husband was one hell of a guy. Prayers for you all.

CLPrice31
                                                                Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. From this brief post it sounds like your husband was one hell of a guy. Prayers for you all.

CLPrice31
                                                                  Participant

Fen
                                                                    Participant

Deepest sympathy.  The picture of your husband in your profile  says so much about his spirit and love.  I hope your memories help you through this difficult time.

Fen

Fen
                                                                      Participant

Deepest sympathy.  The picture of your husband in your profile  says so much about his spirit and love.  I hope your memories help you through this difficult time.

Fen

Fen
                                                                        Participant

Fen

Rocco
                                                                          Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing.  My deepest condolences to you and your daughter and extended family.  May your memories of him surround you during this most difficult time. 

Rocco in NH

Rocco
                                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing.  My deepest condolences to you and your daughter and extended family.  May your memories of him surround you during this most difficult time. 

Rocco in NH

Rocco
                                                                              Participant

Rocco in NH

momof2kids
                                                                                Participant

Very sorry to hear of your family's loss. 

momof2kids
                                                                                  Participant

momof2kids
                                                                                    Participant

lhaley
                                                                                      Participant

I am so sorry.  Your husband has had such a courageous fight.  I hope that you and your daughter Maddy, also be able to remember the wonderful mermories.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry.  Your husband has had such a courageous fight.  I hope that you and your daughter Maddy, also be able to remember the wonderful mermories.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                          Participant

Linda

Gene_S
                                                                                            Participant

Hello,

So sorry to hear of your loss.  My deepest sympathy.  He was a great warrior and we are saddened to hear of his passing. 

I am praying for the family he left behind.

Judy and Gene

deardad
                                                                                                Participant

Im very sorry to hear your sad news. What a courageous soul he was. My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of grief. 

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                                  Participant

Im very sorry to hear your sad news. What a courageous soul he was. My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of grief. 

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                                    Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Gene_S
                                                                                                    Participant

Hello,

So sorry to hear of your loss.  My deepest sympathy.  He was a great warrior and we are saddened to hear of his passing. 

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                                                                      Participant

Hello,

Judy and Gene

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics