The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma NEDLAND

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma NEDLAND

Participant
      Good morning, Friends!

Yes, melanoma is an E-Ticket ride filled with ups and downs and all kinds of surprises.

Last Tues, Dr. E took out 3 blobs of melanoma meat. The largest was 2.4 x 2.4 x 2.0 cm, my largest to date. In the past, I’ve had many of these removed before and sometimes I’ve even had them removed with just a local. This was just fine, though keeping my arm still and in whatever odd “yoga” position the doc wanted it in was a challenge. This time, the doc wouldn’t do it under a local. He just explained that I didn’t need to be awake for all of this. I took his advice.

And I’m so glad I did. I am now the proud owner of two very impressive, 6-inch incisions all up the backside of my arm! It looks like a shark bit me. Twice! So that’s the story I’m going with… I was surfing the pier and two sharks came from the depths and took a chunk. Of course, I finished my run of the pier and then got medical attention ;-). Anyone who knows this SoCal Girl will know that Julie doesn’t surf– tried it many moons ago in high school and found that it’s cold and wet. Mountains are more of my thing.

Ok, so forgive all my many references to SoCal in this post. I’m just playing and very happy to be NED again!

Wishing you peace,
      Julie in SoCal

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        chrispl1974
        Participant
          Great news Julie, Please stay in NEDLAND, no more excursions to Surgeryland 🙂 Joke aside, this is terrific news. I am very happy for you. Take care and greetings from Germany.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            I like the shark bit story. Let’s hope you metaphorically bashed him in the. Lose for good.
            Casitas1
            Participant
              Congrats on NED again! Been surfing up here in Ventura with juvenile White sharks for years. No one’s been bit yet. Just a reminder that we aren’t at the top of the food chain out there. Heal up quickly and start trip planning asap. Best, Paul
              Mark_DC
              Participant
                Well done Julie, hope you stay in NED for ever
                Best wishes Mark
                SABKLYN
                Participant
                  Terrific news!
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    YES, sharks and all!!! The scars will literally be “behind you” once and for all. Only move forward.
                    Melanie

Bubbles
                    Participant
                      So glad those chunks are gone, Julie! Still very sorry you had to endure that process ONE MORE TIME!! But, hopefully this time you can be DONE with melanoma!!! Love your story and all the So Cal Color!! Love and hugs! les
                      lkb
                      Participant
                        Hooray!
                        DoubleTT
                        Participant
                          Very happy for you ….!
                          jbronicki
                          Participant
                            HAPPY DANCE COMMENCING! NED Forever is my wish for you Julie!
                            ourvan
                            Participant
                              I have 6″ parallel scars on the inside of my right calf, with a large indentation where my tumor was removed. I was self-conscious about it and my kids said to tell anyone who asked that it was a shark bite! From the front it really does look like something took a chunk out of my leg, and no one has to know it was a surgeon and not a shark! Glad you’re NED!
                              laurie
                          Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics