The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Mike Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Mike Update

Participant
      I was able to contact Mike’s wife. The good part is most of his tumors are shrinking from the clinical trial he’s been on.

The less than good news is the tumor in his sigmoid colon continues to grow (it’s currently at 7.1cm) and is causing Mike a lot of pain and distress. She said he is really struggling right now.

That is all the news I have, but Mike is still fighting. I told her that he has been an inspiration to so many on this board, and he is often asked about.

Please turn your thoughts and your prayers toward Mike and his wife, Hillary.

Dave

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant
          Strong prayers !!!
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Holding you in my heart, dear Mike! les
            casagrayson
            Participant
              Keep the faith, Mike! We’re pulling for you.
              sandyd77
              Participant
                Thank you so much for the update. Praying for Mike!
                  Beany
                  Participant
                    Mike is very inspirational to me. I love his way of expressing things.
                    Adam
                  ourvan
                  Participant
                    Thank you, Dave, for your update. Prayers continue for Mike and his family.
                    gopher38
                    Participant
                      I wish all the tumors would start shrinking.
                      MelMel
                      Participant
                        Dave, thank you so much for the update!!! Mike, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Hillary every step of the way. You can do this and you are such an inspiration to so many.
                        Melanie
                        lkb
                        Participant
                          Thank you, Dave. Mike and Hillary, so glad to hear about the shrinkages! Siggy needs to shrink too! Sending love your way.
                          AnxiousDad
                          Participant
                            Praying & Thinking of mike & his family. He is my inspiration. A warrior.
                            tedtell1
                            Participant
                              Dave,
                              Thanks so much for the update. Lots of Mike fans here. Mike , we pray that that awful Siggy (someone else’s term) get knocked out by your current treatments and that you and your family can be comfortable and safe! We also lift up prayers for your care team, that they may continue to provide excellent care to you and find ways to make you comfortable.
                              Amen
                              Scooby123
                              Participant
                                Thinking of you Mike , keep strong sending big hug
                                SCOOBY
                                jbronicki
                                Participant
                                  Thanks so much Dave for sharing this, that is so thoughtful as I along with others are always looking for updates on Mike. Will of course send any thoughts and prayers Mike and Hillary’s way, I think of him all the time. I’m glad at least the clinical trial is doing something for some of the tumors, but so sad to hear about the sigmoid colon tumor growth and the pain that is causing. Will continue to hold him and his family in our hearts here and keep hoping for a turnaround with this soon.
                                  Mark_DC
                                  Participant
                                    Good luck Mike, I hope they can do something about the colon one and that the others will continue to shrink
                                    Have been thinking of you too
                                    Mark
                                    Linny
                                    Participant
                                      Glad to hear the tumors are shrinking. Hope the docs can find a way to zap the Sigmoid tumor. Sending prayers and hugs to Mike and Hillary.
                                      MelanomaMike
                                      Participant
                                        Im about 2 1/2 months late replying to this, for i was “Out Of Service” like that Cop Car we see driving by with that odd lookin fellah wearing a blue shirt & a “Boy i hate this job” look on his face haha…
                                        Thank you all for the Well Wishes after the fact, i couldnt get on MRF, i tried, i couldnt see that well, my finger/eye coordination was Waaaay the hell off to use my phones keyboard, then of course the pain, the pain ill NEVER forget for the rest of my days….Thank you Dave for reaching out & gettin word back to our peeps so they knew my status, im better now & youll see me more!!
                                    Viewing 14 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics