The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

LISA 13 – sad news

Forums General Melanoma Community LISA 13 – sad news

Participant

LISA LYNN SCHMIDT (nee BLACK) With great sadness we announce the passing of Lisa, who courageously battled with Melanoma for the past 2 years. Lisa passed away peacefully at home, with her family around her on Sunday, January 13, 2013. She is survived by her loving and devoted husband, Richard and her beautiful little daughter Isabella, just 3 years old. Lisa's loss will be deeply felt by her mother Linda Smeaton, her father Welsey Black and her brother Jared Black. She will be sadly missed by her in-laws, Margaret and Robert Schmidt, Rob and Sarah Schmidt and their sons Tyler and Cameron. Lisa will be fondly remembered and sadly missed by her aunts, uncles, cousins and the many friends who supported her throughout her illness. The family is so thankful for your friendship and love during this difficult time. Visitation will be held at the Visitation Centre in Mount Pleasant Cemetery 375 Mount Pleasant Road (east gate entrance) on Saturday, January 19th from 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon followed by a celebration of her life in the chapel at 12 noon. In lieu of flowers, donations in Lisa's memory to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation for Cancer Research or the Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care would be appreciated

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Very sad to hear the news.Hope her family can find peace now.She was a fighter.In my prayers forever.Beat the Beast. Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Very sad to hear the news.Hope her family can find peace now.She was a fighter.In my prayers forever.Beat the Beast. Al

deardad
              Participant

Oh I was wondering about Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. So young to leave this earth and leaving a young family behind… is heart breaking. My condolences.

Nahmi

deardad
                Participant

Oh I was wondering about Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. So young to leave this earth and leaving a young family behind… is heart breaking. My condolences.

Nahmi

deardad
                  Participant

Nahmi

aldakota22
                  Participant

Linny
                    Participant

How sad. Lisa was such a sweetheart. RIP dearest Lisa.

Linny
                      Participant

Linny
                        Participant

WendyPam
                          Participant

I'm so sad to read this. My condolences to her family

Wendy

WendyPam
                            Participant

Wendy

vivian
                                Participant

Oh, I was just thinking about Lisa 13 (and Carol B, as well) and wondering how she was doing.  So very sorry to read this!  Hopefully Lisa's  family will somehow know that many people here cared about her and send thoughts of peace and love.

Lear

vivian
                                  Participant

Oh, I was just thinking about Lisa 13 (and Carol B, as well) and wondering how she was doing.  So very sorry to read this!  Hopefully Lisa's  family will somehow know that many people here cared about her and send thoughts of peace and love.

Lear

vivian
                                    Participant

Lear

WendyPam
                                    Participant

Wendy

gabsound
                                      Participant
                                        I’m very sorry to hear this news. She fought a brave battle and was so willing to share along the way. My condolences to her family. May they remember the beautiful energy that came across even on a bulletin board such as this.

Julie

Vermont_Donna
                                          Participant

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Lisa was such a vibrant and courageous and STRONG warrior! I will miss her posts and wish her family well.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a NED

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Lisa was such a vibrant and courageous and STRONG warrior! I will miss her posts and wish her family well.

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Hi,

gabsound
                                              Participant
                                                I’m very sorry to hear this news. She fought a brave battle and was so willing to share along the way. My condolences to her family. May they remember the beautiful energy that came across even on a bulletin board such as this.

Julie

gabsound
                                                Participant

Julie

patobs01
                                                  Participant

Sad news to hear and sending my thoughts and prayers to her family. They have lost a courageous woman, but I bet Lisa's determined attitude will stay with them forever. She seemed to have a true warrior spirit in her battle against this awful disease. Hoping she finds peace in God's care now.

Pat O., IIIA NED

patobs01
                                                    Participant

Sad news to hear and sending my thoughts and prayers to her family. They have lost a courageous woman, but I bet Lisa's determined attitude will stay with them forever. She seemed to have a true warrior spirit in her battle against this awful disease. Hoping she finds peace in God's care now.

Pat O., IIIA NED

patobs01
                                                      Participant

Pat O., IIIA NED

awillett1991
                                                        Participant
                                                          So sorry to lose another brave warrior! May Lisa and her family all find peace now.
                                                          awillett1991
                                                          Participant
                                                            So sorry to lose another brave warrior! May Lisa and her family all find peace now.
                                                            awillett1991
                                                            Participant
                                                              mclaus23
                                                              Participant
                                                                I am so saddened to hear this terrible news. I have been praying for Lisa for the past 2 years. She was so positive and thru her posts seemed to be an amazingly strong woman, mother and wife.
                                                                I’m praying for her family.
                                                                She has been so courageous and motivating to others and their families throughout the years.
                                                                My heart goes out to you all.
                                                                mclaus23
                                                                Participant
                                                                  I am so saddened to hear this terrible news. I have been praying for Lisa for the past 2 years. She was so positive and thru her posts seemed to be an amazingly strong woman, mother and wife.
                                                                  She has been so courageous and motivating to others and their families throughout the years.
                                                                  mclaus23
                                                                  Participant
                                                                Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics