The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Josh

Participant

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Josh? I don't check in too often, but hoping I didn't miss an update. 

Jake is amazing BTW:) He has gained almost 20lbs and is moving out this weekend to take a class or two. It's 20 min down the road, he can still come grab meals…but he feels like his own guy for the first time. He will be 20 in May. He started this almost 3 years ago, so happy to get to see him feel like a real adult and go have some fun! Brain scan May 21 to see if the SRS worked. But he's not worried about it! 

Always praying for all the daily struggles found here. 

Kerri

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof4boys
        Participant

Kerri, Josh hasn't been on here for awhile, not since his last update. Thinking of him too but Jake's news is amazing! You have one tough kid there! Hoping he gets good results so he can start living again!

SABKLYN
          Participant

Great news on Jake!

SABKLYN
            Participant

Great news on Jake!

jennunicorn
              Participant

So happy to hear Jake is doing so well. I really hope Josh is doing well too.

Scooby123
                Participant
                  Been thinking of Josh too, so glad Jake doing well.
                  Scooby x
                  jenny22
                  Participant

So nice to hear good news for Jake…..so happy he is doing well!

I too have been wondering about Josh….and also Jamie…..

Hope they are both doing ok.

Mark_DC
                    Participant

Have been thinking of both josh and jake, am very happy about the great news about jake, thanks for posting

Mark

Maria C
                      Participant

Thrilled to hear this news about your son, Kerri! So so happy for both of you.

rosa1
                        Participant

So glad to hear the good news about Jake. Blessings!

Rosa

Shaneswife
                          Participant

That's great news about Jake!!!

janis

Christine.P
                              Participant

So happy to hear good news about Jake. Thank you for sharing.

casagrayson
                              Participant

I saw a picture of Josh with family/friends recently — he looked good, and really happy.  He certainly has a great spirit.

What great news about Jake, Kerri!  Please keep posting about his successes!

Patrisa
                                  Participant

Thank you Susan for sharing! 

Kerri, your boy is amazing and so are you! You inspire me so much!

take care everybody!

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                    Participant

Thank you Susan for sharing! 

Kerri, your boy is amazing and so are you! You inspire me so much!

take care everybody!

Love,

Patrisa

AliCat61
                                    Participant

I am so very happy for you and for Jake, Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

jbronicki
                                      Participant

Wonderful news regarding Jake!  Really makes me happy to hear this! 

snow white
                                        Participant

I haven't been on as much either, but always wonder how Josh is doing.  So stoked to hear that Jake is doing well!!

xo Jen

zfishberg
                                          Participant

Very happy for Jake! I can imagine what a mother is going thru when her child is going thru this ordeal.

Wish you and Jake all the best!

Nal64
                                            Participant

Josh brings so much  to the message board and has always been the person I look to here for info on  the rare "desmoplastic mel"  diagnosis. We use the same doctors and he has always been just a step ahead of us in treatment (my husband is stage IV).  When I couldn't find him on the message boards anymore I got scared and somewhat stalker-y.  I was able to locate his brother who had set up a go fund me page for Josh.  I sent him an email inquiring about Josh and got this reply:   

Hi, Nancy
                                              I was with josh last night and read your email to him he was touched! My brother is fighting he was put on hospice two weeks ago. They have stopped treatments and now the hard part . Josh is a wonderful person and has done so many good things in his life. 
                                              He served his country in the Marines he is an amazing father , husband and the best big brother anyone could ask for. There will be a special place in heaven for him. He has touched so many on his journey. We pray for your family and for your husband to heal. God bless and thank you for reaching out it mean a lot.
                                              Mike

I know many were wondering about him and I tried to convey how important Josh is to us all.  Keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they go down the road none of us wish we were traveling. 

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics