The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Joint pain several weeks after stopping combo thetapy

Forums General Melanoma Community Joint pain several weeks after stopping combo thetapy

Participant
      I have a question. Is combo immunotherapy the gift that keeps on giving? I had 2 rounds of ipi and an investigational checkpoint inhibitor in March and April of this year and surgery in May. The results were fantastic. I am NED. I will start Nivo only in a few weeks.

In June, nearly 2 months after my last combo treatment I developed adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism both secondary to pituitary damage caused by immunotherapy.

This week, nearly 3 months post treatment, I am having joint pain in my fingers, toes and knees. I am wondering if it’s related. Has anyone else on combo therapy experienced side effects this far out?

Thank you for your assistance.

Lucy

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant
          Yes
          mandyjill
          Participant
            Absolutely. It has been almost a year since I finished my treatments, and I still have joint and bone pain. I have noticed just in the last few weeks that it is slowly getting better.
            Summer S.
            Participant
              OMG Lucy, am so so happy for you that you are now NED, I have now experience with joint pain, but I just thought I would tell you that wow your post just made my day, I wish you many many many many years of NED, health and happiness
              Casitas1
              Participant
                Yep, three years and still suffering! although not as severe… Congrats on NED!

Best, Paul

bethy62
                Participant
                  Lucy you mentioned Hypothyroidism .Hypothyroidism can cauae muscle and joint pain. I am assuming you are on a thyroid replacement hormone such as Eltroxin? It can take awhile to find the right dosage.
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Yes, arthralgia or joint pain is a common side effect of combo immunotherapy. I used to have knee pain from the time I was a kid. Now with melanoma and combo immunotherapy I have ankle pain and sometimes my soles hurt as if I am walking on pin cushions. It’s a small price to pay as long as the treatment works. Congratulations on being NED.
                    Melanie
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics