The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It’s official – NED

Forums General Melanoma Community It’s official – NED

Participant

Hey all – Couldn't wait to share this news, though my sister Leisa had her first clear scan in July, Oct. 30 scan is the same – she is totally clear and the onc has finally said those precious little letters – N.E.D.!!! Yayyy!!!

Have said it before but can't say it enough – thanks to so many on this board – you got us through it!!!!!

Best always,

Barb

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cindyco
        Participant

Congratulations! I just checked your history and your story is amazing.  Thank you for sharing. 

sister of patient
            Participant

Thank you Cindy! It is amazing – I think her story is an example of a "text book case" of how targeted and immunotherapies are supposed to work for BRAF+ people. I hope that one day all types of mel and their associated mutations respond the same way. Best wishes always for you and your mother!!!

Barb

Nashvillian
            Participant

What an Awesome story!!!

sister of patient
                Participant

Thank you! 🙂  The treatment truly is "awesome and I wish you the best outcomes with yours!!

Barb

Scooby123
                Participant

That is great news so pleased for your sister, let's pray we all say NED one day.

Scooby❤️

sister of patient
                    Participant

Yes, that is what I hope for too – NED for all!! Thank you Scooby – I hope that it's on its way to you!! Best always!

Barb

jennunicorn
                    Participant

This makes me SO HAPPY to hear!! Congrats to her and to YOU for being such an awesome sister to her!! Much love and many wishes for a forever NED status! 🙂

sister of patient
                        Participant

Ahh … thank you Jenn!!! Leisa is truly awesome, a real trooper!! And though we had the clear scan in July, having her close-mouthed oncologist now say it, means everything!!!

It's our hope that NED forever is right there waiting for you too!!! Special thoughts and a big hug going out to you 🙂

Barb

Casitas1
                        Participant

Right on! Great to hear.  Good job you two!

Best, Paul

sister of patient
                            Participant

Thank you Paul. It's actually pretty humbling … in alot of ways … We hope next summer, she will be in your shoes – a year in. You are truly a warrior!! Best always!

Barb

cancersnewnormal
                            Participant

I so enjoy reading the happy news! Thanks for sharing! Your sister has been through a PILE! Hopefully the mela-beast will stay at bay and allow her to focus on damage repairs now! Congrats on NED!

sister of patient
                                Participant

Yes! On with damage repair (and regular Nivo still 'til next Spring). Thank you Niki, you are another true "warrior"!! Best, always!

Barb

Bubbles
                                Participant

Congrats!  Enjoy!!!! c

Sandi Conley
                                  Participant

So happy for you both!  Where can I read your sister's story?  I am new here today.  Was in remission on Tafinlar and Mekinist, but now cancer has returned.  I'm pretty much lost.  Trying to find a clinical trial that would be good for me.

sister of patient
                                      Participant

Hi Sandi – I'm so sorry you've had cause to seek out and join this forum but especially sorry to hear you've had a recurrence. You are in an excellent place though to arm yourself with facts and information and, hopefully, within a short time you'll feel a little less "lost" and more like you are on "solid ground." There is much to be hopeful for, great results from existing immunotherapies and many more new treatments in development and trial.

I see you have already posted – that's great!! There are so many knowledgeable people on this board – those who have gone before – who will answer your questions and help to inform your decisions. It will help them to help you if you can complete your profile (account information) and bring anyone reading it right up to date on where you are at with mel and treatment. 

My profile is actually my sister's, so you can read her history (or anyone else's, if you have an account and are logged in) by clicking on the user name beside the post title. If you've been on Taf/Mek and have responded, then there's no reason to think that immunotherapy may not also work for you.

I wish you the best of outcomes moving forward with treatment!!

Barb

Bubbles
                                        Participant

If you click on the link that is the posters name you can read their bio if they have made one.

Jahendry12
                                        Participant

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics