The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Its Me Again..

Forums General Melanoma Community Its Me Again..

Participant
      Hi ya’all, well, were postponing my trial til’ we get my pains somewhat under control, if the “problem” wasnt in my ass area then it would be tolerable to endure the drive to the clinic, the sitting in the recliner off & on all day, the constant need to run to the toilet (my pains feel like i have to go #2 most the time when i dont have to), so, once again, my “ass” has literally taken over my life AGAIN, I swear to God i wanna chop my ass off & just be done with it, i mean comon’! Were going on like what?, 6 months of this, my ass this, my ass that, when folks ask me “Hay Mike how ya feeling?” Its always the same answer, “I feel pretty good except for my Ass Bob”, & How bout’ you?…..
      So ya, thats where im at right now, this coming Wednesday ill see both Hamid and my surgeon Dr. Faries to talk about yes, you guessed it, my ass and the STRONG possibility  of getting a CT Guided “Nerve Block”,  doesnt that sound good to anyone out there who is in extreme pain? Hell yeah it does!..well guys, enjoy your Non-Laborous few days ahead of ya’s and i will try and do the same, Take care guys love ya’s…
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        SOLE
        Participant
          Dear Mike,
          Hang in there. You have Drs. Hamid and Faries in your corner. I saw Hamid for a Xth opinion sometime in 2019. I was so impressed and relieved to have access to him if needed. Hang in there. You’ll get the colitis under control and then finish up that pain in the a… melanoma.
          Sending my best
          M
          Julie in SoCal
          Participant
            Hey Mike!

It’s always good to hear from you– but sure don’t like that ass pain! Hopefully the docs can organize an effective nerve block. I just had one in my back this week and it’s worked wonders. I pray this will be your story, too!

Peace,
            Julie

Bubbles
            Participant
              Sorry you are still dealing with pain in the patoot, Mike!!! So hoping that the nerve block will help!!!! Hang in there! celeste
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Got up thinking this morning, that after your nerve block, should anybody say, “Jeeze, Mike! You’re a pain in the ass!” You can reply, “Well, no – I’m not. I mean I have been – in the past. But, not any more!!!!!”

To no more pain in the ass!!!! – c

SABKLYN
                Participant
                  Hey Mike,
                  Always good to hear from you and get an update. Your mix of update and humor is uniquely Mike! I’m sorry you’re hurting and hope this nerve block will help. I was going to say I hope your doctors get to the bottom of this, but…..
                  All the best
                  Stan
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Hi Mike. I do not know which pain is worse, the upper orifice or the lower. Hahaha. Few months ago, I cracked my root on a molar and had it extracted recently. For the last 12 days going through self inflicted agony. First, I should not have waited so long but I did not think this was an emergency since it was root canaled and I was not in much pain. So much for being brave and stupid. Besides, the dentists and oral surgeons were closed. Following the extraction, the oral surgeon told me that the infection was thrre for a long time and he gave me antibiotics to take for 20 days. I thought this was a bit excessive so I resorted to drainage, salt water rinses and self healing. Thank God now finally it has turned the corner.
                    I think tooth pain and ass pain are extremely relatable.
                    Hoping and praying that you have turned the corner as well!
                    Melanie
                      sks2019
                      Participant
                        Its always so good to hear from you Mike , Good luck for the nerve block I hope it gives you releif. Keep up the spirits!!
                      Summer S.
                      Participant
                        Dearest Mike,

I am happy that (excluding the ass) everything other thing is fine,

I hope this pain resolved very soon too and I hope it goes away with all the melanoma too

Love,
                        S.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics