The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Here we go

Forums General Melanoma Community Here we go

Participant

At airport waiting for flight to Houston, which of course is delayed. The blood test showed liver enzymes dropped significantly. That was great news…thank God. Bad news is I went in patient portal and read radiologist report from scan last week. Overall impression with out getting into details was "worsening metastatic disease". That hurt because with the 3rd and last ipi dose being 8/8, I have to assume I didn't respond 2nd time around after having great response in 2013/2014. I feel like though we tried hard in past couple months…nothing has stopped this dreaded crap and therefore nothing got done.

So I do Ct scan tonight at MDA, see Doc Friday, Brain MRI Sunday and then get moving into treatment phase next week.

Not that anyone has crystal ball but what are chances something shows up in brain a month after gamma knife? I've bothered Kyle with private messages for the past week with this stuff…symptoms to look for etc…Either way they will need to ask for PI override. I need the cells and see if I can start beating this back. I know others have been in far worse places but it feels like I'm trending there. Believe me I want to fight but I need the treatment to fight with me. Yes I'm starting to feel desperate. Anxious to get to Houston and get show on road. Not sure if I'll be posting, I'm tired of all the sadness and suffering I read here but know that I think of and pray daily for all of you. Much love, support and healing to my MPIP Family!

Be well!!

Josh

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Yea Josh!  It's happening!  I'm so glad to hear that your liver enzymes have gone down, but like you, not so happy to hear "worsening metastic disease".  That sucks!  

Praying that this trial completely evicts Mel from everwhere it has taken up residence!

Belessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Yea Josh!  It's happening!  I'm so glad to hear that your liver enzymes have gone down, but like you, not so happy to hear "worsening metastic disease".  That sucks!  

Praying that this trial completely evicts Mel from everwhere it has taken up residence!

Belessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Belessings,

Julie

youngann
              Participant

Wishing you the very best. ::hugs::

youngann
                Participant

youngann
                  Participant

Casitas1
                    Participant

Best of luck Josh!

Paul

Casitas1
                      Participant

Best of luck Josh!

Paul

Casitas1
                        Participant

Best of luck Josh!

Paul

rabbits68
                          Participant
                            Praying for you!
                            rabbits68
                            Participant
                              Praying for you!
                              rabbits68
                              Participant
                                Praying for you!
                                cf91
                                Participant

Josh, I wish you the best of luck and may God keep His Hands over you! I don't post here often, but have kept up with your story.  I too have  had set backs but we keep on fighting!  Good luck and I'm praying for you.

cf91
                                  Participant

Josh, I wish you the best of luck and may God keep His Hands over you! I don't post here often, but have kept up with your story.  I too have  had set backs but we keep on fighting!  Good luck and I'm praying for you.

cf91
                                    Participant

casagrayson
                                      Participant

Josh,

I wish you all the best at MDA.  I know this is discouraging, but please keep up the fight, my friend.  And even if you don't feel like sharing all the details, please give us an "I'm still here and kickin'" post every few days, okay?  We worry when we don't hear from you.

casagrayson
                                        Participant

Josh,

I wish you all the best at MDA.  I know this is discouraging, but please keep up the fight, my friend.  And even if you don't feel like sharing all the details, please give us an "I'm still here and kickin'" post every few days, okay?  We worry when we don't hear from you.

casagrayson
                                          Participant

Josh,

Mat
                                            Participant

Josh, wishing you the best.  Regarding your question, not counting a tumor in my optic nerve in 2015, I've had 2 brain tumors (a year apart) and was asymptomatic both times.

Mat
                                              Participant

Josh, wishing you the best.  Regarding your question, not counting a tumor in my optic nerve in 2015, I've had 2 brain tumors (a year apart) and was asymptomatic both times.

Mat
                                                Participant

debwray
                                                  Participant

Hi Josh,

Glad liiver lab results improved. Hope your journey is better than expected and that all goes smoothly at the hospital. Was glad you posted and said how you were getting on…had Been wondering about you. I ended up with a surgery on Mon.. But it was not for melanoma and was less extensive than feared but still waiting for lab results before any chance of discharge.

Wishing you well

Deb

debwray
                                                    Participant

Hi Josh,

Glad liiver lab results improved. Hope your journey is better than expected and that all goes smoothly at the hospital. Was glad you posted and said how you were getting on…had Been wondering about you. I ended up with a surgery on Mon.. But it was not for melanoma and was less extensive than feared but still waiting for lab results before any chance of discharge.

Wishing you well

Deb

debwray
                                                      Participant

Hi Josh,

Wishing you well

Deb

Patrisa
                                                        Participant

Dear Josh, will be thinking if you and praying everything goes smoothly and for great results!

You are equiped with a great plan, excellent team, just focus on the ultimate goal and grind until you get there!

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                          Participant

Dear Josh, will be thinking if you and praying everything goes smoothly and for great results!

You are equiped with a great plan, excellent team, just focus on the ultimate goal and grind until you get there!

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                            Participant

Love,

Patrisa

Yvette
                                                              Participant

Praying for you!!

Yvette
                                                                Participant

Praying for you!!

Yvette
                                                                  Participant

Praying for you!!

jamieth29
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      I’m pulling for ya buddy…it’s gonna work!!
                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        jamieth29
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Gwen in Maine
                                                                          Participant

We're with you, Josh! Best wishes and hope all goes smoothly.

Holding you in my heart,

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                            Participant

Holding you in my heart,

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                              Participant

Holding you in my heart,

Gwen

jbronicki
                                                                                Participant

So glad the liver numbers came down Josh!  Also glad you are able to head to MDA.  I can confirm that the weather is still hot and humid here and unfortunately (or fortunately) you just missed the Texans vs. Bears game this past Sunday (I see you are a Bears fan) and the Astros played the Cubs as well.

All kidding aside, please let us know if you need anything at all!  My husband can actually walk to MDA from his work at Baylor and I work only 10 minutes away.  I was just over there last month for lunch in the Rotary house.  It's a great place to hang out for patients and family.

If you need books, food, transportation, MLB updates, anything, we'll gladly bring it over or if you just need a support group or a quick lunch with friends.  

As most of us know, the world only gets smaller as we age.  My daugther had to see an Endriconologist last month and for some reason I brought up John's Melanoma.  It turns out she is Dr. Hwu's sister!  I told her I've read all his research papers!  He does a lot with ACT/TIL over at MDA, not sure if he is part of your team as well.

As celeste says, all fingers and toes crossed on this one.  Don't hesitate to reach out. Many prayers.

jbronicki
                                                                                  Participant

So glad the liver numbers came down Josh!  Also glad you are able to head to MDA.  I can confirm that the weather is still hot and humid here and unfortunately (or fortunately) you just missed the Texans vs. Bears game this past Sunday (I see you are a Bears fan) and the Astros played the Cubs as well.

All kidding aside, please let us know if you need anything at all!  My husband can actually walk to MDA from his work at Baylor and I work only 10 minutes away.  I was just over there last month for lunch in the Rotary house.  It's a great place to hang out for patients and family.

If you need books, food, transportation, MLB updates, anything, we'll gladly bring it over or if you just need a support group or a quick lunch with friends.  

As most of us know, the world only gets smaller as we age.  My daugther had to see an Endriconologist last month and for some reason I brought up John's Melanoma.  It turns out she is Dr. Hwu's sister!  I told her I've read all his research papers!  He does a lot with ACT/TIL over at MDA, not sure if he is part of your team as well.

As celeste says, all fingers and toes crossed on this one.  Don't hesitate to reach out. Many prayers.

jbronicki
                                                                                    Participant

jenny22
                                                                                      Participant

Hey Josh-

Obviously happy to hear about decresasing liver enzymes, and not at all happy about other….

Sending you good thoughts…..in massive quantities.

Hoping for some good news after things get going at MDA.

Thinking about you….

Best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                        Participant

Hey Josh-

Obviously happy to hear about decresasing liver enzymes, and not at all happy about other….

Thinking about you….

Best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                          Participant

Hey Josh-

Thinking about you….

Best,

jenny

BrianP
                                                                                            Participant

So glad to hear you are on your way Josh.  Prayers coming your way. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                              Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                Participant

Brian

Maria C
                                                                                                  Participant

Josh, I'm going to hold on to the good news that your liver enzymes are way down and you are now solidly on track for your MDA trial. Wishing you only the best and truly believe this trial and you are meant to be. Please try to keep us posted!!

Maria C
                                                                                                    Participant

Josh, I'm going to hold on to the good news that your liver enzymes are way down and you are now solidly on track for your MDA trial. Wishing you only the best and truly believe this trial and you are meant to be. Please try to keep us posted!!

Maria C
                                                                                                      Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                                        Participant

Hey Joshie!

What a ride. Keep plugging away. Glad to hear your LFT's were improved. Check! Now….I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for good results on your remaining hoops! Keep hanging tough, love c

Bubbles
                                                                                                          Participant

Hey Joshie!

What a ride. Keep plugging away. Glad to hear your LFT's were improved. Check! Now….I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for good results on your remaining hoops! Keep hanging tough, love c

Bubbles
                                                                                                            Participant

Hey Joshie!

Jubes
                                                                                                              Participant

Thanks for even taking the time to wish us all well with all you are going through! Another day another treatment and here's hoping this one has a lasting effect. Don't worry about the ipi not working…. For most of us it never worked. Please don't lose heart. All the very best

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                                Participant

Thanks for even taking the time to wish us all well with all you are going through! Another day another treatment and here's hoping this one has a lasting effect. Don't worry about the ipi not working…. For most of us it never worked. Please don't lose heart. All the very best

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                                                                                                                  Participant

anne-Louise 

itsme.mimi
                                                                                                                    Participant

Praying for you to receive some good news, very soon. 

itsme.mimi
                                                                                                                      Participant

itsme.mimi
                                                                                                                        Participant

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics