The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

He fought until the end

Forums General Melanoma Community He fought until the end

Participant
      At 4:15 am today, I lost the love of my life. He fought a good fight until the bitter end. Someday I will write an update post to recap our past few weeks with this dreadful disease.
      He was a father to three wonderful children. Daniel,19 Emily, 18 and Benjamin who is 9.
      He loved his family above all else. He was the most selfless man I have ever met and was lucky enough to fall in love with.
      Please pray for us this week as we say goodbye to his earthly body. We rejoice knowing he is with our Lord!
      Thanks barb

At 4:15 am today, I lost the love of my life. He fought a good fight until the bitter end. Someday I will write an update post to recap our past few weeks with this dreadful disease.
      He was a father to three wonderful children. Daniel,19 Emily, 18 and Benjamin who is 9.
      He loved his family above all else. He was the most selfless man I have ever met and was lucky enough to fall in love with.
      Please pray for us this week as we say goodbye to his earthly body. We rejoice knowing he is with our Lord!
      Thanks barb

Viewing 53 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cate
        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one to this dreadful disease.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.    Cate

Cate
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one to this dreadful disease.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.    Cate

Cate
            Participant

lhaley
              Participant

I am so sorry to hear your husband has passed away.  This disease is just relentless and your husband is too young to be taken.  You have been such a wonderful caretaker.  Keep the good memories and let go the horrors of melanoma.  I'm sure your children and yourself need each other.

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

I am so sorry to hear your husband has passed away.  This disease is just relentless and your husband is too young to be taken.  You have been such a wonderful caretaker.  Keep the good memories and let go the horrors of melanoma.  I'm sure your children and yourself need each other.

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

Richard_K
                    Participant
                      I am so very sorry to read this news.
                      Dick
                      Richard_K
                      Participant
                        Dick
                        Richard_K
                        Participant
                          Dick
                          s Mom
                          Participant

Dear Barb,

I am so sorry for your loss – you and your family are in my prayers. 

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                            Participant

Dear Barb,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                              Participant

Dear Barb,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

Fen
                                Participant

Barb,  I am so sorry for your loss. May God grant you the strength to see you through this difficult time. I hope your children will be a remnder of your wonderful husband.  Fen

Fen
                                  Participant

Barb,  I am so sorry for your loss. May God grant you the strength to see you through this difficult time. I hope your children will be a remnder of your wonderful husband.  Fen

Fen
                                    Participant

aldakota22
                                      Participant

Very sorry to hear this news.My prayers for you and family.   Al

aldakota22
                                        Participant

aldakota22
                                          Participant

King
                                            Participant

Barb,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope in time, that happy memories of your life together will replace those of recent months.  Sincere sympathy to your family and friends.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                              Participant

Barb,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope in time, that happy memories of your life together will replace those of recent months.  Sincere sympathy to your family and friends.

Stay Strong

King

King
                                                Participant

Barb,

Stay Strong

King

hope4cure1
                                                  Participant

Barb, I am so sorry to hear this news.  I hope you understand what a wonderful support you have been for your husband..  Our prayers will be for your peace duirng this difficult transition.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                    Participant

Barb, I am so sorry to hear this news.  I hope you understand what a wonderful support you have been for your husband..  Our prayers will be for your peace duirng this difficult transition.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                      Participant

Hope

scots
                                                        Participant
                                                          You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Scot

scots
                                                          Participant

Scot

scots
                                                            Participant

Scot

susanr
                                                              Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  I pray for your family.  Remember….this is only a temporary seperation…you will all meet again.  Please let us know how you are doing and if we can help.

susanr
                                                                Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  I pray for your family.  Remember….this is only a temporary seperation…you will all meet again.  Please let us know how you are doing and if we can help.

susanr
                                                                  Participant

Gene_S
                                                                    Participant

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss.  Our prayers will be going out to you the children and the family.

He was a great warrior and like you said he fought to the bitter end.  Please take good care of yourself and let us know how your are doing.

Judy (loving wife of Gene)

Gene_S
                                                                      Participant

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss.  Our prayers will be going out to you the children and the family.

He was a great warrior and like you said he fought to the bitter end.  Please take good care of yourself and let us know how your are doing.

Gene_S
                                                                        Participant

triciad
                                                                          Participant

Barb,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that you are all in my prayers. 

Tricia

triciad
                                                                            Participant

Barb,

Tricia

triciad
                                                                              Participant

Barb,

Tricia

Phil S
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Please know your family is in our prayers! Peace and God’s Blessings, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                                                                                  Phil S
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Please know your family is in our prayers! Peace and God’s Blessings, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                                                                                    Phil S
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Lori C
                                                                                      Participant

May his memory be for a blessing and his spirit stay close and provide comfort to you.  My deepest sympathies to you, and your children, and prayers for strength in the days, weeks, and months to come.

Lori, caregiver to Will (1965-2010)

JC
                                                                                          Participant

Lori, how do you like Dr Kaufman at Rush?

JC
                                                                                            Participant

JC
                                                                                              Participant

Lori C
                                                                                              Participant

May his memory be for a blessing and his spirit stay close and provide comfort to you.  My deepest sympathies to you, and your children, and prayers for strength in the days, weeks, and months to come.

Lori C
                                                                                                Participant

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                  Participant

I am thinking of you and your family at this hard time, my prayers are with you all.

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                    Participant

I am thinking of you and your family at this hard time, my prayers are with you all.

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                      Participant

take care

laurie from maine

gabsound
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Barb,
                                                                                                          May God bless you and your children at this time of loss. So sorry that another warrior has been lost to this malignant disease. Please know that your love and support were the most magnificent gift to your husband.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Barb,
                                                                                                            May God bless you and your children at this time of loss. So sorry that another warrior has been lost to this malignant disease. Please know that your love and support were the most magnificent gift to your husband.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Barb,

Julie in Las Vegas

shellebrownies
                                                                                                              Participant

Barb,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones. 

With sincere condolences,

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                                                                                                Participant

Barb,

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                                                                                                  Participant

Barb,

Michelle

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                    Participant

Barb, please accept my sincere condolences. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                      Participant

Barb, please accept my sincere condolences. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                        Participant

Frank from Australia

Viewing 53 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics