The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

great news – BRAF after ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community great news – BRAF after ipi

Participant

Hi y'all,

I began BRAF this past Monday, after completing 4 rounds of ipi.

I am having an excellent BRAF response, already!

Neck nodes are down at least 1/3, if not 1/2.

Lumps/painful bumps on scalp – much smaller, flattening out.

Just wanted to post some happy news to encourage everyone out there.

Always keep trying, never give up.

God is SO good!

Woo hoo, posse up, we are kicking it to the curb!

TracyLee

Hi y'all,

I began BRAF this past Monday, after completing 4 rounds of ipi.

I am having an excellent BRAF response, already!

Neck nodes are down at least 1/3, if not 1/2.

Lumps/painful bumps on scalp – much smaller, flattening out.

Just wanted to post some happy news to encourage everyone out there.

Always keep trying, never give up.

God is SO good!

Woo hoo, posse up, we are kicking it to the curb!

TracyLee

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Wow!  So glad you are having such a quick response! Didn't you just start the drug on Monday or Tuesday? 

Thanks for posting!

Linda

Lisa13
            Participant

This is fabulous news and I'm so happy for you. At this point, I'm starting to think this ipi has kicked in at long last and the BRAF drugs are going to speed things up. 

Thank you so much for your positive news – we all need it!

Wishing you continued success with this beast!

Lisa

Lisa13
              Participant

This is fabulous news and I'm so happy for you. At this point, I'm starting to think this ipi has kicked in at long last and the BRAF drugs are going to speed things up. 

Thank you so much for your positive news – we all need it!

Wishing you continued success with this beast!

Lisa

lhaley
              Participant

Wow!  So glad you are having such a quick response! Didn't you just start the drug on Monday or Tuesday? 

Thanks for posting!

Linda

nicoli
                Participant

I'm so happy for you and your family. And it worked soooo fast. May the Lord continue to bless you. Live a long life, TracyLee. Get old and fat and cranky. Be a grandmother and a mother in law but not like my mother in law!

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                  Participant

I'm so happy for you and your family. And it worked soooo fast. May the Lord continue to bless you. Live a long life, TracyLee. Get old and fat and cranky. Be a grandmother and a mother in law but not like my mother in law!

Nicki, Stage 3b

NYKaren
                      Participant

TracyLee,

I am SO happy for you!  Being less than thrilled with my own response to Ipi so far (which could still happen) I was so depressed this morning.  Your post made my day.

May you continue to kick mel's ass and thanks for the inspiration!!

karen

NYKaren
                        Participant

TracyLee,

I am SO happy for you!  Being less than thrilled with my own response to Ipi so far (which could still happen) I was so depressed this morning.  Your post made my day.

May you continue to kick mel's ass and thanks for the inspiration!!

karen

TracyLee
                          Participant

Karen,

Don't give up on ipi yet. I specifically asked Dr. Schuchter on Monday, how "late" of a response has she seen with ipi.

Her reply was SIX months. Now, we all want a quicker response, but just wanted you to know it could still kick in, long after you are done!

TracyLee

TracyLee
                            Participant

Karen,

Don't give up on ipi yet. I specifically asked Dr. Schuchter on Monday, how "late" of a response has she seen with ipi.

Her reply was SIX months. Now, we all want a quicker response, but just wanted you to know it could still kick in, long after you are done!

TracyLee

MichaelFL
                            Participant

That is great news. Glad it was quick, and that you are responding.

Keep it up! Keep it up! Keep it up!

Michael

MichaelFL
                              Participant

That is great news. Glad it was quick, and that you are responding.

Keep it up! Keep it up! Keep it up!

Michael

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Tracey, yours is the first case of Ipi followed by BRAF (V600E ? ) that I have noticed.  This should be an iteresting case to follow.  Il-2, and so far Ipi, seems to have a good chance of enhancing other treatments, possibly for speed, intensity and longeivity. 

Sounds great.  Go, gal, go.

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Tracey, yours is the first case of Ipi followed by BRAF (V600E ? ) that I have noticed.  This should be an iteresting case to follow.  Il-2, and so far Ipi, seems to have a good chance of enhancing other treatments, possibly for speed, intensity and longeivity. 

Sounds great.  Go, gal, go.

Carol Taylor
                                    Participant

Wasn't that the plan Tracy, to kick it to the curb?!  You're due a hallelujah moment and I hope you're enjoying the mess out of this! Congratulations Fearless Leader and

Thank You Lord! Amen!!!!

Grace and peace (and a party),

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                      Participant

Wasn't that the plan Tracy, to kick it to the curb?!  You're due a hallelujah moment and I hope you're enjoying the mess out of this! Congratulations Fearless Leader and

Thank You Lord! Amen!!!!

Grace and peace (and a party),

Carol

triciad
                                        Participant

TracyLee,

Keep the momentum going!  Best wishes for success!

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

TracyLee,

Keep the momentum going!  Best wishes for success!

Tricia

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

Such wonderful news!  Congratulations…you're kicking mel's big fat butt!!!   Val

ValinMtl
                                              Participant

Such wonderful news!  Congratulations…you're kicking mel's big fat butt!!!   Val

Bruce in NH
                                                Participant

Way toi go, TracyLee! Keep fighting hard! You can do it!!!  Bruce

Bruce in NH
                                                  Participant

Way toi go, TracyLee! Keep fighting hard! You can do it!!!  Bruce

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics