The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good News – Wanted to Share

Forums General Melanoma Community Good News – Wanted to Share

Participant

Hi All, I have quit visiting this bulletin board because I find it just takes too much of an emotional toll on me.  However, because I have GOOD news, I wanted to take a minute and share it.  The reality of melanoma can be terrifying so I think it is important to share when we have positive news.

Hi All, I have quit visiting this bulletin board because I find it just takes too much of an emotional toll on me.  However, because I have GOOD news, I wanted to take a minute and share it.  The reality of melanoma can be terrifying so I think it is important to share when we have positive news.

My original Dx as Stage III was in 4/08 and was followed by invasive surgery.  I was clear on all my scans until I had small nodules first appear in my lungs on PET/CT in 4/10.  In 2/11, I had one nodule removed via VATS from my right lung and in 4/11, had the other removed from my left lung via VATS.  I won't say it was easy or without pain, but I will say that here I am 10 weeks post op from my second surgery living a relatively normal life again!  My PET/CT of two weeks ago came back clear.  : )  

I want to share something that has for me been life changing.  After my surgery in 4/08, I lived in constant fear that the melanoma would recur.  I had a very bad story in my mind about what that would mean for me and my family and I wasted a lot of time dwelling in fear as a result of that story.  As it has turned out, I did have a recurrance and yet it was completely treatable and I am here to continue on with my life.  I am no longer terrified of melanoma and I no longer waste time worrying about it coming back.  I am doing what I can to live a healthy life and will take life one day at a time.  

May blessings of wellness be with you, Shari

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

Thank you so much for posting your good news.  My husband is looking at a possible stage IV now, with multiple lymph nodes in the lungs (3.4 x 3.6 cm is the largest).  It is inspiring to read posts like yours and knowing that we can get through this!!

Best wishes to you and hoping for the best.

Maria

MariaH
          Participant

Thank you so much for posting your good news.  My husband is looking at a possible stage IV now, with multiple lymph nodes in the lungs (3.4 x 3.6 cm is the largest).  It is inspiring to read posts like yours and knowing that we can get through this!!

Best wishes to you and hoping for the best.

Maria

Linny
            Participant

Thank you for sharing this! I needed to read this right now.

Linda

Linny
              Participant

Thank you for sharing this! I needed to read this right now.

Linda

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Good message, Shari! Keep preaching it and living your life.

Blessings and all the best! Lord, in Your mercy, keep being merciful!. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Good message, Shari! Keep preaching it and living your life.

Blessings and all the best! Lord, in Your mercy, keep being merciful!. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Your push to keepon going has come just a t right time.  I am feeling stuck and doomed with my brain mets.  until I repeat my "There is no will but God's will.  Today I seek his peace."

Yes I will continue  marching forward and living life!

Prayers and light,

Shelly in Switzerland ( from Yakima, WA and VT)

Your push to keepon going has come just a t right time.  I am feeling stuck and doomed with my brain mets.  until I repeat my "There is no will but God's will.  Today I seek his peace."

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Prayers and light,

Viewing 13 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics