The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finally NED – Never, Ever Give Up!

Forums General Melanoma Community Finally NED – Never, Ever Give Up!

Participant

After almost 7 years of treatment, my husband, Larry, finally has scans with no evidence of metastatic disease in his body or brain!!  He just finished his 14th Keytruda infusion and his doctor said if he maintains his NED status he can stop after another 12 months.  I never thought we would see this day!  He's had just about every available treatment since his diagnosis in March 2012 – Zelboraf, radiation, 5 brain gamma knife treatments, 3 craniotomies, dabrafanib, 2nd attempt at Keytruda, 9 months on a feeding tube, partial vision loss and numerous hospitlizations from treatment related side effects.  He is truly a miracle.  We are so grateful and hope his story will bring hope to others. NEVER GIVE UP.

Take care and enjoy every day!

Ann

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Replies
        sing123
        Participant

Yay!!!! This is wonderful news. Thrilled for you both.

sister of patient
          Participant

That's just fabulous news!! Enjoy!! Best wishes to both of you!

Barb

rosa1
            Participant

Wonderfurl news Ann! Hope and pray he'll be NED forever!

Rosa

chrispl1974
                Participant

Terrific news. May you enjoy many many years as a happy couple. 

Coragirl
                Participant

Ann, I am so happy for you and your family. Thank you for sharing such wonderful news! 

Scooby123
                  Participant
                    So pleased for Larry and you. I have been battling since 2011, tumours liver, lungs, head and other areas of nodes. I have been given NED in December 2018. Had ippi, on Keydruda 22 rounds so far. Hope it continues and prayers for all to be NED.
                    SCOOBY X
                    GeoTony
                    Participant

superb news, that's  why we never give up the fight

MarkR
                      Participant

That’s brilliant news – congratulations!!

jbronicki
                        Participant

Wow, that is wonderful Ann!  So very happy for you and your husband.  Well done to you as his partner and cargiver through all this, you played a big part in getting through all this.  Celebration time!

Bubbles
                          Participant

Oh Ann!  You and Larry have had such a long and hard fought battle!!!  Wonderful news!  Congratulations indeed!!!  celeste

ed williams
                            Participant

Happy for you and your husband Ann!!!!

BillB
                              Participant

Congrats! Fantastic news.

Hukill
                                Participant

woohoo!!!!!!!

Casitas1
                                  Participant
                                    Yes!!!
                                    aldrichdesigner
                                    Participant
                                      Ann,

Can you explain when you say 2nd Keytruda attempt?

I’m currently out of options after only getting a partial response from Keytruda and went thru ipi/nivo as well already.

marta010
                                        Participant

Hi – during the first round of Keytruda treatments – maybe after #6 or #7, , my husband developed a severe brain edema, requiring brain surgery, and the team felt the keytruda could have caused it so we discontinued the infusions. We waited about a year and started again – this time after a differentl previously treated/gamma knifed brain met started to act up again.  He had another crainiotomy to remove this met followed by gamma knife to the resection cavity.  We felt we had to try Keytruda again as it seems the only treatment that could reach the brain.  Seems to have worked on keeping his brain clear and getting rid of the remaining body tumors. I hope you are able to find a treatment that works for you!

Ann

MelMel
                                        Participant

Ann that is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! CONGRATULATIONS and just KEEP ROCKING ON!!!! you are such an inspiration to all of us still fighting to reach our golas. All the very best to your husband and wonderful supportive you!

Melanie

MelMel
                                            Participant

goals*

SOLE
                                            Participant

Simply amazing! NED forever!

Dympsd
                                              Participant

Congratulations! This gives me so much hope. My husband is on similar path and we are grasping at all hope. Thank you

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics