The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dian in Spokane

Forums General Melanoma Community Dian in Spokane

Participant

Dian's husband doesn't post here so I'm posting this news for him instead.

Dian has been on this site since 2003 as a stage III warrior, a NED warrior and stage IV.  She hasn't been as active here recently, but she spent many hours (and years) answering questions and manning the chat room looking to help other warriors.  She was selfless with her time and knowledge and she will be sorely missed.  I am thankful I could call her my friend.

Rest in peace.

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        BarbieGirl
        Participant

Jan, I just read Bob's post.  I can't believe our Dian is gone.  She helped so many people on this board (and others), and was such a beautiful lady.  She fought hard.. all the way 'til the end.  I, too, am blessed I was able to call her my friend.  She was a friend to many, all over the world.

Rest in peace, sweet Dian. I'll treasure our 'bashes".  In 2006, she and Bob drove to Texas from Washington State.It was a beautiful evening, and she and Vern, Jackie Doss and others played their guitars in my backyard.  She brought her banjo, and I think her fiddle, too.  The music and all them singing was just so uplifting and beautiful.

My heart hurts so much.  I have to remember our wonderful times together.  Hopefully the tears will stop soon.

I HATE MELANOMA ALL TO HELL!!!!!!

~Lisa~

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Totally agree.  Dian was such a special person.  We spent so many hours chatting and emailing!

Rest in peace my wonderful friend.

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Totally agree.  Dian was such a special person.  We spent so many hours chatting and emailing!

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

BarbieGirl
                Participant

Jan, I just read Bob's post.  I can't believe our Dian is gone.  She helped so many people on this board (and others), and was such a beautiful lady.  She fought hard.. all the way 'til the end.  I, too, am blessed I was able to call her my friend.  She was a friend to many, all over the world.

Rest in peace, sweet Dian. I'll treasure our 'bashes".  In 2006, she and Bob drove to Texas from Washington State.It was a beautiful evening, and she and Vern, Jackie Doss and others played their guitars in my backyard.  She brought her banjo, and I think her fiddle, too.  The music and all them singing was just so uplifting and beautiful.

My heart hurts so much.  I have to remember our wonderful times together.  Hopefully the tears will stop soon.

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                  Participant

~Lisa~

MichaelFL
                    Participant

She truly was an inspiration to all here.

So sad.

May she rest in peace now.

MichaelFL
                      Participant

So sad.

MichaelFL
                        Participant

So sad.

MaryD
                          Participant

I never had the opportunity to meet Dian, but as an old timer on this site, know too well how much she was cherished by all who knew her.

She is at peace and I will pray that Bob finds comfort during this difficult time in knowing how much she was loved.

Thanks, Dian for all your time, talent, and generosity .  ..

Mary

MaryD
                            Participant

I never had the opportunity to meet Dian, but as an old timer on this site, know too well how much she was cherished by all who knew her.

She is at peace and I will pray that Bob finds comfort during this difficult time in knowing how much she was loved.

Mary

MaryD
                              Participant

Mary

DonW
                                Participant

I'm glad you posted, Jan. I just realized that I missed a call from Bob last night asking me to post. Dian certainly was a great friend and great source of support and information for many on this site and the melanoma community. I didn't think she would ever leave us. One of the saddest losses we have had.

DonW
                                  Participant

I'm glad you posted, Jan. I just realized that I missed a call from Bob last night asking me to post. Dian certainly was a great friend and great source of support and information for many on this site and the melanoma community. I didn't think she would ever leave us. One of the saddest losses we have had.

deardad
                                      Participant

Sad news, my condolences to her family and friends here on this forum.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                        Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                          Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

DonW
                                          Participant

JoshF
                                            Participant
                                              Very saddening to hear. Didn’t know her like many or his forum but I know she was an inspiration and lived woman. May she be at peace….praying for comfort for her family.

Josh

JoshF
                                              Participant
                                                Very saddening to hear. Didn’t know her like many or his forum but I know she was an inspiration and lived woman. May she be at peace….praying for comfort for her family.

Josh

JoshF
                                                Participant

Josh

MarieM
                                                  Participant

This has been devastating news. Dain has been a "friend" here to me since she began here. I have to say, she really lived her life to the fullest. A special person in so many ways. She will be missed by so many. With tears and hugs, Marie

MarieM
                                                    Participant

This has been devastating news. Dain has been a "friend" here to me since she began here. I have to say, she really lived her life to the fullest. A special person in so many ways. She will be missed by so many. With tears and hugs, Marie

MarieM
                                                      Participant

Rocco
                                                        Participant

So very sorry to hear that Dian has passed away.  She was kind and helpful to me as a newbie in chat back in 2005 and provided inspiration during my early fighting years.

May the loving memories of Dian surround her family and extended family and friends during this difficult time.

-Rocco (IV since 2005, Ipi responder, NED since 2009)

Rocco
                                                          Participant

So very sorry to hear that Dian has passed away.  She was kind and helpful to me as a newbie in chat back in 2005 and provided inspiration during my early fighting years.

May the loving memories of Dian surround her family and extended family and friends during this difficult time.

Rocco
                                                            Participant

kpcollins31
                                                              Participant

While I did not know Dian personally, I can tell she touched many lives here. My condolences to her family and friends.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                Participant

While I did not know Dian personally, I can tell she touched many lives here. My condolences to her family and friends.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                  Participant

Kevin

NancyGM
                                                                    Participant

So sorry to hear of Dian's passing…Her presence here, since I first got on MPIP in 2005, has been very inspirational and informative. My deepest sympathies to all of her friends here and to her family.

NancyGM
                                                                      Participant

So sorry to hear of Dian's passing…Her presence here, since I first got on MPIP in 2005, has been very inspirational and informative. My deepest sympathies to all of her friends here and to her family.

NancyGM
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics