The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Complete responder!!! No surgery!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Complete responder!!! No surgery!!!

Participant

My husband and I got down to Albuquerque this morning expecting to do the whole round of pre-surgical exams, tests and interviews. Instead, we got my medical and surgical oncs coming in to do the doctor version of the Good News Happy Dance!!! The brain MRI and PET/CT scans done on the 13th say,.."No evidence of metastatic disease." !!! Everything is completely clear on both the brain MRI and the full body scans…even the little oddball things they were watching are gone.

My husband and I got down to Albuquerque this morning expecting to do the whole round of pre-surgical exams, tests and interviews. Instead, we got my medical and surgical oncs coming in to do the doctor version of the Good News Happy Dance!!! The brain MRI and PET/CT scans done on the 13th say,.."No evidence of metastatic disease." !!! Everything is completely clear on both the brain MRI and the full body scans…even the little oddball things they were watching are gone.

I am a complete responder to the clinical trial I did combining carboplatin, paclitaxel and temodar. The adrenal tumor has completely disappeared and the oncs agreed that the risks of a complicated and difficult surgery to remove a tiny bit of inactive tissue were not worth the possible benefits. Instead they are suggesting a round of radiation at the adrenal site to improve my recurrance odds as well as a reduced dose of profilactic whole brain radiation. My medical onc is setting up a consulation for me with an oncology radiologist to discuss this and also with a neurologist when I expressed concern about adding another layer to the brain trauma I already deal with so that I can make a completely informed choice.

But for tonight, my husband and I are CELEBRATING! Thank you all so much for prayers and words of support – what an incredible group to share the entire curve of this disease with – Carmon in NM (worn out from dancing!)

Viewing 41 reply threads
    • Replies
        AS123
        Participant

Phenomenal news! Doing the happy dance for you in NC! 🙂

AS123
          Participant

Phenomenal news! Doing the happy dance for you in NC! 🙂

ValinMtl
            Participant

Carmon…I'm just so H A P P Y for you.  Wow, such good news!  Val xx

ValinMtl
              Participant

Carmon…I'm just so H A P P Y for you.  Wow, such good news!  Val xx

Janis B.
                Participant

I'my about to enter my very first clinical trial, so news like this is so wonderful to read.  So happy for you both!!  Keep up the good work and dance every day 🙂

Janis B.
                  Participant

I'my about to enter my very first clinical trial, so news like this is so wonderful to read.  So happy for you both!!  Keep up the good work and dance every day 🙂

jimjoeb
                    Participant

Happy dancing for you in Canada!!

jimjoeb
                      Participant

Happy dancing for you in Canada!!

NancyGM
                        Participant

Congrats on your wonderful news!!

NancyGM
                          Participant

Congrats on your wonderful news!!

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Hallelujah Carmon!!!!  And Carmon's husband!!!!  Can't forget him!

Lots of happy dancing going on tonight!  Thank you, God!

Prayers for guidance as you make future choices and all the best to you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Hallelujah Carmon!!!!  And Carmon's husband!!!!  Can't forget him!

Lots of happy dancing going on tonight!  Thank you, God!

Prayers for guidance as you make future choices and all the best to you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

washoegal
                                Participant

Happy, Happy news for sure.  I would certainly take a few days to celebrate before I worried about the next decision.

But can we ask a favor of you, most of us know your story.  But it would be oh so helpful if you fill out your profile especially now with this news!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

washoegal
                                  Participant

Happy, Happy news for sure.  I would certainly take a few days to celebrate before I worried about the next decision.

But can we ask a favor of you, most of us know your story.  But it would be oh so helpful if you fill out your profile especially now with this news!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

SusanE
                                    Participant

Fantastic news!! So happy for you both!

SusanE
                                      Participant

SusanE
                                        Participant

SusanE
                                          Participant

lhaley
                                            Participant

That is such great news!  I am so happy for you! Happy dancing with you.

Linda

lhaley
                                              Participant

That is such great news!  I am so happy for you! Happy dancing with you.

Linda

Rebecca and Bob
                                                Participant

Carmon,

Great news, so happy you are doing well. Good luck with the radiation. Keep the good news coming.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                  Participant

Carmon,

Great news, so happy you are doing well. Good luck with the radiation. Keep the good news coming.

Rebecca

MichaelFL
                                                    Participant

WOW! That's what I call kickin' it to the curb with a capital K.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                      Participant

WOW! That's what I call kickin' it to the curb with a capital K.

Michael

Fen
                                                        Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news!  Here's to years and years of NED.

Fen
                                                          Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news!  Here's to years and years of NED.

dawn dion
                                                              Participant

Oh Carmon – What wonderful news – I am so happy for you – I am looking forward to the day I can say I am NED. – Here's hoping for a very long lifetime of NED!

dawn dion
                                                                Participant

Oh Carmon – What wonderful news – I am so happy for you – I am looking forward to the day I can say I am NED. – Here's hoping for a very long lifetime of NED!

Sharyn
                                                                Participant

Although this is the 19th, you got your wonderful news on the 18th — my birthday! I can't think of a better way to celebrate  than to hear a fellow warrior has slayed the beast. It's like the munchkins singing "Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead". Congratulations!!! I hope you celebrated BIG TIME!!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                                  Participant

Although this is the 19th, you got your wonderful news on the 18th — my birthday! I can't think of a better way to celebrate  than to hear a fellow warrior has slayed the beast. It's like the munchkins singing "Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead". Congratulations!!! I hope you celebrated BIG TIME!!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

MaryD
                                                                    Participant

That is fantastic news Carmen – big time happy dances!!!!    A celebration is definatley in order – go out and enjoy!!!

Wishing you continued success!

Mary

MaryD
                                                                      Participant

That is fantastic news Carmen – big time happy dances!!!!    A celebration is definatley in order – go out and enjoy!!!

Wishing you continued success!

Mary

Carmon in NM
                                                                          Participant

Thank you all so much and one of the most exciting parts of all of this was knowing I would come home and be able to share positive and happy news here to lighten everyone's day just a bit! I hope that the good news just keeps spreading and spreading! Carmon

NicOz
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Carmon that is fantastic news!!! So happy for you & wearing a huge smile on my dial 😀
                                                                              Nic
                                                                              xxx
                                                                              NicOz
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Carmon that is fantastic news!!! So happy for you & wearing a huge smile on my dial 😀
                                                                                Nic
                                                                                xxx
                                                                                Carmon in NM
                                                                                Participant

Thank you all so much and one of the most exciting parts of all of this was knowing I would come home and be able to share positive and happy news here to lighten everyone's day just a bit! I hope that the good news just keeps spreading and spreading! Carmon

CKasper
                                                                                Participant

Great News!!!

CKasper
                                                                                  Participant

Great News!!!

JMart
                                                                                    Participant

Carmon,

Congratulations on this wonderful news.  good luck with your decision-making regarding furthur prophylactic radiation.

Janet

JMart
                                                                                      Participant

Carmon,

Congratulations on this wonderful news.  good luck with your decision-making regarding furthur prophylactic radiation.

Janet

dian in spokane
                                                                                        Participant

wow, wonderful news Carmen! Congratulations!

dian in spokane
                                                                                          Participant

wow, wonderful news Carmen! Congratulations!

debbieVA
                                                                                            Participant

Cameron…..

I am doing the HAPPY DANCE for you!!  You are the SURVIVOR OF THE DAY!!  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                                                                                              Participant

Cameron…..

I am doing the HAPPY DANCE for you!!  You are the SURVIVOR OF THE DAY!!  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

himynameiskevin
                                                                                                Participant

This is phenominal. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so happy for you. I hope to some day be blessed with the same news as you. Congratulations. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                                                                                  Participant

This is phenominal. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so happy for you. I hope to some day be blessed with the same news as you. Congratulations. -Kevin

rbruce
                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you sooooo much for your post.  I know you know how much such good news does for everyone onthis board dealing with this nasty disease.  I'm close to beginning treatment for stage IV just trying to make the right decision on where to start.  My doc is suggesting carboplatin, and paclitaxel like you had but he added Axitinib rather than temodar.  I'm also looking into the new TIL adoptive cell therapy by Dr. Rosenberg's team at the National Cancer Institute.  I wish you  many years NED. 

God Bless!

Robert

rbruce
                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you sooooo much for your post.  I know you know how much such good news does for everyone onthis board dealing with this nasty disease.  I'm close to beginning treatment for stage IV just trying to make the right decision on where to start.  My doc is suggesting carboplatin, and paclitaxel like you had but he added Axitinib rather than temodar.  I'm also looking into the new TIL adoptive cell therapy by Dr. Rosenberg's team at the National Cancer Institute.  I wish you  many years NED. 

God Bless!

Robert

Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics