The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Celebration today

Forums General Melanoma Community Celebration today

Participant

I continue to be on a bit of a rollercoaster with my liver: bilirubin – sometimes high, sometimes normal but today I start my 46th month on Zelboraf.

And a week ago today, I celebrated my birthday so in order to celebrate these two events, I decided to have a colonoscopy.  Results were two small polyps and diverticulitus.  I’ll need to wait two weeks for biopsy results.  (Ha, I’ll even give myself another present in a few weeks with another prostate biopsy to see what that cancer is up to.)

When I first met with the gastroenterologist, he was concerned about my melanoma, Zelboraf, and going ahead with a colonoscopy.  He went ahead and called Dr. Pavlick and her response was something like, “go for it, I expect him [me] to be at my [Dr. Pavlick’s] retirement”. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janet Lee
        Participant

Dick, glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work — whatever it is you're doing is working! I can't believe you've been on Zelboraf that long!

Don is also doing well; we "knock on wood" every day and are thankful for every moment!

Janet

Janet Lee
          Participant

Dick, glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work — whatever it is you're doing is working! I can't believe you've been on Zelboraf that long!

Don is also doing well; we "knock on wood" every day and are thankful for every moment!

Janet

Janet Lee
            Participant

Janet

awillett1991
              Participant

Happy, happy birthday!

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant

Happy, happy birthday!

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Happy, happy birthday!

Amy

Oh MY!!!!  I am so thrilled for you.  Your success does aheart good.!!  It is 25 months for me >>on Zelboraf.  It is my understanding that we are in the 10% >>>>having been on Zelboraf for this long and it still working.  I go for pet scan & MRI next Wednesday.  Hopefully, everything will be fine.  I considerate ""Luck of the Draw"" And have much gratitude! .Best regards, Mary

Oh MY!!!!  I am so thrilled for you.  Your success does aheart good.!!  It is 25 months for me >>on Zelboraf.  It is my understanding that we are in the 10% >>>>having been on Zelboraf for this long and it still working.  I go for pet scan & MRI next Wednesday.  Hopefully, everything will be fine.  I considerate ""Luck of the Draw"" And have much gratitude! .Best regards, Mary

BrianP
                    Participant

Awesome news Dick.  Celebrating with a colonoscopy!  You are an animal.  I'd be scared to see what you are like at the Company Christmas party ๐Ÿ™‚

BrianP
                      Participant

Awesome news Dick.  Celebrating with a colonoscopy!  You are an animal.  I'd be scared to see what you are like at the Company Christmas party ๐Ÿ™‚

BrianP
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Way to go Dick.My run on "Z" was only i/2 as long (23 months).Still thankful for that. Now on Dabrafenib.Think when I celebrate my birthday rather have a party than any biopsies.Now just post some good news after your prostate probe "ouch". Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Way to go Dick.My run on "Z" was only i/2 as long (23 months).Still thankful for that. Now on Dabrafenib.Think when I celebrate my birthday rather have a party than any biopsies.Now just post some good news after your prostate probe "ouch". Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics