The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brents battle

Forums General Melanoma Community Brents battle

Participant

is almost over.  he is in hopsice in ohio.  oxygen to 60.  blood pressure is low and his temperature is low,  heres the kicker.  after not having anti pd 1 since the end of jan and his tumors growing in feb,, they are now shrinking and he is to sick to move from hospice to any kink of nursing care for iv fluid or any kind of oxygen to help him live.  I can see the big tumor almost down to nothing and the the smaller one on his flank is gone.  they will not consider that at this point there is anything that can be done since his system is shutting

is almost over.  he is in hopsice in ohio.  oxygen to 60.  blood pressure is low and his temperature is low,  heres the kicker.  after not having anti pd 1 since the end of jan and his tumors growing in feb,, they are now shrinking and he is to sick to move from hospice to any kink of nursing care for iv fluid or any kind of oxygen to help him live.  I can see the big tumor almost down to nothing and the the smaller one on his flank is gone.  they will not consider that at this point there is anything that can be done since his system is shutting down. 

the lesson from this is to not go to hospice care after an immuntheraphy because it can take some time to work. 

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Oh, Sharmon! I am so sorry to hear that Brent is failing! You two are such a great team and have been such an inspiration to the rest of us. Please try to resist the temptation to look back and second-guess yourself. You made the best decisions you could with the information you had at the time. As far as I know, all of your decisions were excellent. And really, we none of us know if our final outcomes would have been any different if we had made other choices along the way. Melanoma is viscious and everything really rests in God's hands, anyway.

I will be praying for both Brent and you to find peace and serenity.  

POW
          Participant

Oh, Sharmon! I am so sorry to hear that Brent is failing! You two are such a great team and have been such an inspiration to the rest of us. Please try to resist the temptation to look back and second-guess yourself. You made the best decisions you could with the information you had at the time. As far as I know, all of your decisions were excellent. And really, we none of us know if our final outcomes would have been any different if we had made other choices along the way. Melanoma is viscious and everything really rests in God's hands, anyway.

POW
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Prayers for you all for peace at this time. Thank you for sharing.

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

Janet Lee
                    Participant

Although I have not been part of the MRF Family for very long, one becomes initiated to the heartbreak of this disease very quickly. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and Brent at this time. Godspeed.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                      Participant

Although I have not been part of the MRF Family for very long, one becomes initiated to the heartbreak of this disease very quickly. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and Brent at this time. Godspeed.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                        Participant

Janet Lee

Phil S
                          Participant
                            Sharmon, So sorry to hear your news, hope Brent passes peacefully! He sure put up a tough fight, another true warrior! Prayers being said for your family. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            Phil S
                            Participant
                              Sharmon, So sorry to hear your news, hope Brent passes peacefully! He sure put up a tough fight, another true warrior! Prayers being said for your family. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                Owl
                                Participant

Dear Sharmon,

my thaughts are with you, Brent and your family. I admire your strength. Please, no regrets, you are such a devotional caregiver to Brent.

Keep you in my thaughts, Jenny

Owl
                                  Participant

Dear Sharmon,

my thaughts are with you, Brent and your family. I admire your strength. Please, no regrets, you are such a devotional caregiver to Brent.

Owl
                                    Participant

Dear Sharmon,

NYKaren
                                      Participant

Dearest Sharmon, you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen

NYKaren
                                        Participant

Karen

NYKaren
                                          Participant

Karen

vicuk
                                            Participant

So very sorry. Don't know what else to say apart from thinking of you both.

vicuk
                                              Participant

vicuk
                                                Participant

Jim M.
                                                  Participant

Sharon and Brent,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such wonderful people. Few words make any sense during a time like this. You have impacted me and many people. I pray for God's peace upon both of you as well as His strength and His guidance.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                    Participant

Sharon and Brent,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such wonderful people. Few words make any sense during a time like this. You have impacted me and many people. I pray for God's peace upon both of you as well as His strength and His guidance.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                      Participant

Sharon and Brent,

Jim M.

Ali
                                                        Participant

I am very sorry to hear this.  You guys have fought a tough battle.  Prayers.

Ali

Ali
                                                          Participant

Ali

deardad
                                                              Participant

Sharmon I'm sorry to hear that Brent is loosing his battle. Thoughts are with you.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                Participant

Sharmon I'm sorry to hear that Brent is loosing his battle. Thoughts are with you.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                  Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Ali
                                                                  Participant

Ali

gabsound
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Sharmon,

I’m so sorry to hear that Brent appears to coming to the end of his battle. You two have fought so hard. Your husband is so blessed to have you by his side through this journey. I hope his passing will be peaceful.

Julie

gabsound
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Sharmon,

I’m so sorry to hear that Brent appears to coming to the end of his battle. You two have fought so hard. Your husband is so blessed to have you by his side through this journey. I hope his passing will be peaceful.

Julie

gabsound
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Sharmon,

Julie

susanr
                                                                          Participant

Sharmon,

I am sorry.  I hope you have loved ones around to support you and Brent.  I hope he is comfortable and in no pain.  I don't know what to say but that  my thouights are with you and your family.

Susan…Sister of Peter..12/6/2012

susanr
                                                                            Participant

Sharmon,

I am sorry.  I hope you have loved ones around to support you and Brent.  I hope he is comfortable and in no pain.  I don't know what to say but that  my thouights are with you and your family.

susanr
                                                                              Participant

Sharmon,

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics