The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Big day tomorrow – need your support

Forums General Melanoma Community Big day tomorrow – need your support

Participant
      Hi everybody,

My mom has been stage IV since 2018. We have just unlocked a new melanoma level, brain mets, which happened alongside with drug-induced neuropathy

Fast forward, radiotherapy, neuropathy treatment (minor improvement), drug vacation and all the weird symptoms that comes and goes due to all the new fuzz happening in the brain. It has been a roller coaster.

With very very few options left now, we are re-initiating keytruda, as a single agent, tomorrow.

I am super scared and not knowing what to expect, we are also all super exhausted with everything that happened in the past 2 months.

Please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers, it is all much needed.

Love you all,
      S.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, Summer. So very sorry that you and your mom have been through all that! There are those who do indeed respond with a reboot of anti-PD-1. I will be sending every good vibe her way and holding both of you in my heart. She is blessed to have you in her corner. Much love, les
          chrispl1974
          Participant
            Dear Summer, very sorry you have to got through this. I will be praying for you both. Dont give up hope. Keep your strength. Take care Christian
            THMoore
            Participant
              Miss Summer,
              Please know I am thinking of you and your mom. My prayers and heart are with you while you go through this next treatment. Sending Hugs and luck your way.

Trent

Mark_DC
              Participant
                Dear Summer

I hope your mum does well tomorrow and that side effects wont re-materialize (they dont have to – I had to come off keytruda once for side effects, then restarted after three months, no side effects)
                I also hope that you are able to look for other trial options as a backup, maybe outside Egypt.

Good luck and I will try to pray too
                Mark

Summer S.
                Participant
                  Thank you so much for all the love, positive vibes and happy thoughts

I kept reading your responses every couple of hours today, and it really helped us feel better and less lonely in this.

The day is finally finally over, crossing fingers, and hoping keytruda works its magic and be kind to us over the next weeks.

Love you all,
                  S.

THMoore
                    Participant
                      I have been thinking about you and your mom. I hope and pray for excellent news. Keep us updated Miss Summer.

HUGS,
                      Trent

mrbill16323
                      Participant
                        Hoping for good outcomes!. My family is praying for your Mom and all fighting cancer. Take care of youself. She needs you well.
                      MelMel
                      Participant
                        Sending only healing vibes and best wishes for successful treatment. As I always ask for myself to be shown the way and given strength, so I ask the same for your mother and you.
                        Melanie
                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics