The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A Warrior at Peace

Forums Caregiver Community A Warrior at Peace

Participant

I am sorry to report that Don was called home to heaven late Tuesday night, November 1st. He passed peacefully, surrounded by his loved ones.

May God bless each and every one of you, whether warrior, caregiver, or loved one no matter what part of the journey you are on. Hoping you each have your own personal miracle.

I will still be on here, but I may need to be away for a little while or I may be on sporadically for a bit. 

Michelle, wife of Don always.

I am sorry to report that Don was called home to heaven late Tuesday night, November 1st. He passed peacefully, surrounded by his loved ones.

May God bless each and every one of you, whether warrior, caregiver, or loved one no matter what part of the journey you are on. Hoping you each have your own personal miracle.

I will still be on here, but I may need to be away for a little while or I may be on sporadically for a bit. 

Michelle, wife of Don always.

Viewing 80 reply threads
    • Replies
        justlittleoleme
        Participant

Michelle,

So sorry for your loss.  He was a valiant warrior.

May God comfort you and your family during this season of grief.

justlittleoleme
          Participant

Michelle,

justlittleoleme
            Participant

Michelle,

dearfoam
              Participant

Michelle,

So sorry for your loss. Thankful that he passed peacefully knowing your love and comfort.

DF

dearfoam
                Participant

Michelle,

So sorry for your loss. Thankful that he passed peacefully knowing your love and comfort.

DF

dearfoam
                  Participant

Michelle,

DF

o2bcheri
                    Participant

Michelle,

sending prayers and hugs.. so sorry to hear this… He was lucky to have had you in his life… 

Don is an angel now… he will be at your side always..

much love

Michele

o2bcheri
                      Participant

Michelle,

sending prayers and hugs.. so sorry to hear this… He was lucky to have had you in his life… 

much love

Michele

o2bcheri
                        Participant

Michelle,

much love

Michele

hope4cure1
                          Participant

Michelle,

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  You have been absolutely amazing during this whole journey.  Don was so blessed to have your support and love.  I hope you have emotional support at this time.  If not, I feel certain that many on this site would gladly "sit by your side" as you pour your heart out….myself included.  You guys have been in my prayers, and will remain there.

hope

hope4cure1
                            Participant

Michelle,

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  You have been absolutely amazing during this whole journey.  Don was so blessed to have your support and love.  I hope you have emotional support at this time.  If not, I feel certain that many on this site would gladly "sit by your side" as you pour your heart out….myself included.  You guys have been in my prayers, and will remain there.

hope

hope4cure1
                              Participant

Michelle,

hope

Lori C
                                Participant

I am very sorry to hear this.  May you find great comfort and peace.

Lori

Lori C
                                  Participant

Lori

Lori C
                                    Participant

Lori

Phil S
                                      Participant
                                        Michelle. I am so very sorry for your loss but I am glad Don is finally at peace and done fighting this awful disease. I will say a prayer for you and your children, you were the ultimate caregiver and Don was truly blessed to have you with him along the way. Please take care of yourself, and give the kids plenty of hugs, you will need each other now. God bless and stay in touch. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                        Phil S
                                        Participant
                                          Michelle. I am so very sorry for your loss but I am glad Don is finally at peace and done fighting this awful disease. I will say a prayer for you and your children, you were the ultimate caregiver and Don was truly blessed to have you with him along the way. Please take care of yourself, and give the kids plenty of hugs, you will need each other now. God bless and stay in touch. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                          Phil S
                                          Participant
                                            yensidw
                                            Participant

Michelle,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I do know what you are going through and am here if you need to talk.  Know that he is now free of the terrible beast of melanoma.  Perhaps he will meet my husband on the other side. 

I wish you peace,

Janis

yensidw
                                              Participant

Michelle,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I do know what you are going through and am here if you need to talk.  Know that he is now free of the terrible beast of melanoma.  Perhaps he will meet my husband on the other side. 

I wish you peace,

Janis

yensidw
                                                Participant

Michelle,

I wish you peace,

Janis

Jim M.
                                                  Participant

Hi Michelle,

I am saddened by your news. I pray that God gives you strength, guidance and especially His peace.

God Bless you,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I am saddened by your news. I pray that God gives you strength, guidance and especially His peace.

God Bless you,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                      Participant

Hi Michelle,

God Bless you,

Jim M.

lhaley
                                                        Participant

Michelle,

Don is at peace after such a difficult fight.  Give yourself time as well as your family.  

You have been such a wonderful advocate for Don.  I'm so sorry.

linda

lhaley
                                                          Participant

Michelle,

Don is at peace after such a difficult fight.  Give yourself time as well as your family.  

linda

lhaley
                                                            Participant

Michelle,

linda

Linny
                                                              Participant

Dear Michelle,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Don were both such fighters! Do give your heart time to heal and know that Don will always be by your side.

Linda

Linny
                                                                Participant

Dear Michelle,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Don were both such fighters! Do give your heart time to heal and know that Don will always be by your side.

Linda

Linny
                                                                  Participant

Dear Michelle,

Linda

Kosta
                                                                    Participant

and prayerWe are so sorry for your loss, you have our deepest Sympathy  and prayers

Kosta
                                                                      Participant

and prayerWe are so sorry for your loss, you have our deepest Sympathy  and prayers

Kosta
                                                                        Participant

Joyce
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Dick and I are so sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers.

Joyce from Ma

Joyce
                                                                            Participant

Joyce from Ma

Joyce
                                                                              Participant

Joyce from Ma

Joyce
                                                                                Participant

Joyce from Ma

Karin L
                                                                                    Participant

My heart breaks for you Michelle.  I hope you find peace and comfort knowing there will be no more suffering.  My prayers are with you.

Karin

Karin L
                                                                                      Participant

My heart breaks for you Michelle.  I hope you find peace and comfort knowing there will be no more suffering.  My prayers are with you.

Karin

deardad
                                                                                        Participant

Im so sorry Michelle to hear that Don has passed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                          Participant

Im so sorry Michelle to hear that Don has passed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                            Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Karin L
                                                                                              Participant

Karin

Joyce
                                                                                              Participant

Joyce from Ma

Joyce
                                                                                                Participant

Joyce from Ma

MariaH
                                                                                                  Participant

Michelle,

I was so saddened to read this.  You both have fought such a brave battle.  May God give you peace and comfort in the coming days for both you and your children.

I'm so, so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Maria

MariaH
                                                                                                    Participant

Michelle,

I was so saddened to read this.  You both have fought such a brave battle.  May God give you peace and comfort in the coming days for both you and your children.

I'm so, so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Maria

MariaH
                                                                                                      Participant

Michelle,

I'm so, so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Maria

NYKaren
                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Michelle,

My very deepest condolonces.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

karen

NYKaren
                                                                                                            Participant

Dear Michelle,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                                                              Participant

Dear Michelle,

karen

triciad
                                                                                                              Participant

Michelle,

My heart is broken.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Physically, Don is gone; however, his spirit will live on with you and your family.  You were an amazing caretaker…and he knew it!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                                Participant

Michelle,

My heart is broken.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Physically, Don is gone; however, his spirit will live on with you and your family.  You were an amazing caretaker…and he knew it!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                                  Participant

Michelle,

Tricia

momof2kids
                                                                                                                    Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

My thoughts are with you & your dear children!

momof2kids
                                                                                                                      Participant

momof2kids
                                                                                                                        Participant

Cate
                                                                                                                          Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Cate
                                                                                                                            Participant

Cate
                                                                                                                              Participant

Rocco
                                                                                                                                Participant

Michelle,

My deepest condolences.  I was so saddened to read that Don had passed.  I know how hard the two of you fought this terrible disease. May your loving memories of him surround you during this most difficult time.

Prayers and ((hugs)),

Rocco, Stage IV

Rocco
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Michelle,

My deepest condolences.  I was so saddened to read that Don had passed.  I know how hard the two of you fought this terrible disease. May your loving memories of him surround you during this most difficult time.

Prayers and ((hugs)),

Rocco, Stage IV

Rocco
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Michelle,

Prayers and ((hugs)),

Rocco, Stage IV

mombase
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss!

Cristy

mombase
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Cristy

mombase
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Cristy

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Michelle, I am deeply saddened to read of Don's passing.

It has been said that life has changed but not ended. Those who have passed away are only as far away as God, and that is not far away at all.

May God give you and your family peace and consolation.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                              Participant

It has been said that life has changed but not ended. Those who have passed away are only as far away as God, and that is not far away at all.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Don put up a valiant fight, with your great aid.  Nothing can fill the hole left in your life at present, but time will help ease the intensity of the pain of Don's absence.  our thoughts and condolences are with you.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Don put up a valiant fight, with your great aid.  Nothing can fill the hole left in your life at present, but time will help ease the intensity of the pain of Don's absence.  our thoughts and condolences are with you.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Majalist
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Michelle,

I hardly know your story since I am very new to this community.

But I read you were a great caretaker and Don faught a brave battle, that he unfortunately didn't win.

I believe you both did evertything possible, please find comfort in this fact.

I am glad Don is without pain now, and I hope you and your children can find help in God and everyone who is supporting, caring and loving you these days.

So sorry for your loss,

Marleen

Majalist
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Michelle,

But I read you were a great caretaker and Don faught a brave battle, that he unfortunately didn't win.

I am glad Don is without pain now, and I hope you and your children can find help in God and everyone who is supporting, caring and loving you these days.

So sorry for your loss,

Marleen

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Michelle,

I am so saddened to see this.  My heart breaks for you, you both fought so hard.  I hope you have family to surround you at this time.  He was a true warrior.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Michelle,

I am so saddened to see this.  My heart breaks for you, you both fought so hard.  I hope you have family to surround you at this time.  He was a true warrior.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Michelle,

laurie from maine

Majalist
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Michelle,

So sorry for your loss,

Marleen

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                      My deepest sympathies for you during this sad time. I lost my husband to this disease, but can still feel his love. That love will get you through this. Prayers going out for you and your family.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                        My deepest sympathies for you during this sad time. I lost my husband to this disease, but can still feel his love. That love will get you through this. Prayers going out for you and your family.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

JuleFL
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Jule (Cal’s wife)

MichaelFL
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

My condolences to you and your family. May Don rest in peace free of melanoma.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Michael

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear of Don's passing.  My thoughts and prayers will be directed to you and the family at this time.  I have followed Don's story and he was blessed to have you by his side.    What a great warrior he was.

Judy (wife of Gene)

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear of Don's passing.  My thoughts and prayers will be directed to you and the family at this time.  I have followed Don's story and he was blessed to have you by his side.    What a great warrior he was.

Judy (wife of Gene)

Gene_S
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Michelle,

Judy (wife of Gene)

shelbug66
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Michelle,

So very sorry for your loss.  May God's love comfort you and your children through this difficult time. 

Shelley

shelbug66
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Michelle,

So very sorry for your loss.  May God's love comfort you and your children through this difficult time. 

Shelley

shelbug66
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Michelle,

Shelley

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Michelle,

i am saddened to hear this…you were an exceptional advocate and wife for Don…

i hope in the future you can use your skills to keep advocating on behalf of others with melanoma in memory of Don

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Michelle,

i hope in the future you can use your skills to keep advocating on behalf of others with melanoma in memory of Don

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Michelle,

boots

Viewing 80 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics