The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A bit of good news….

Forums General Melanoma Community A bit of good news….

Participant

Hi everyone, I think its important to share any bit of good news on here to keep spirts up.

I spoke to Dads doc yesterday and they got Dad CT scan back (full body).  There were no new tumors and it looks like the ones in his spleen are dwindleing.  The Pet scan showed lots of tumors in the spleen, but the ct scan before starting Opdivo showed about 12 tumors.  Well the current CT showed only 5!!!  So it looks like Dad is responding to the drugs.  Dads blood work is a little concerning, his platelets are down to 77, so they couldn't do his treatment on Tuesday.  He will retest agian next week and hopefully the number will be up enough for him to get his infusion. I believe he is getting his spinal puncture done next week as well.  We are still headed to see Dr. Hamid on monday, so will update after that.

one day at a time……..

xo Jen

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant
          That’s great news!
          Casitas1
          Participant
            That’s great news!
            Casitas1
            Participant
              That’s great news!
              Buddy0513
              Participant
                Wonderful news!!! I hope things keep going in the right direction. Hang in there!
                  snow white
                  Participant

Thank you!  Me to πŸ™‚

snow white
                    Participant

Thank you!  Me to πŸ™‚

snow white
                      Participant

Thank you!  Me to πŸ™‚

Buddy0513
                      Participant
                        Wonderful news!!! I hope things keep going in the right direction. Hang in there!
                        Buddy0513
                        Participant
                          debwray
                          Participant

Hi Jen,

You were due some good news. Thanks for posting.  Sounds like a busy week coming up..but really great to hear that some tumours are gone..and others are shrinking. Hope nivo manages to nuke the rest of them. Its still in his system.. And working quietly behind the scenes..

Best of wishes

Deb

debwray
                            Participant

Hi Jen,

You were due some good news. Thanks for posting.  Sounds like a busy week coming up..but really great to hear that some tumours are gone..and others are shrinking. Hope nivo manages to nuke the rest of them. Its still in his system.. And working quietly behind the scenes..

Best of wishes

Deb

snow white
                                Participant

Thanks Deb! You are so right we did need some good news, it has definitely boosted our spirits!  Unfotuantely, Dad has a bad head cold, but overall he is doing fairly well :). Hoping that the nivo is doing its thing while he builds platelets.  Hope you are hanging in there and that your numbers are moving in the right direction.

xo Jen

snow white
                                  Participant

Thanks Deb! You are so right we did need some good news, it has definitely boosted our spirits!  Unfotuantely, Dad has a bad head cold, but overall he is doing fairly well :). Hoping that the nivo is doing its thing while he builds platelets.  Hope you are hanging in there and that your numbers are moving in the right direction.

xo Jen

snow white
                                    Participant

xo Jen

debwray
                                    Participant

Hi Jen,

Best of wishes

Deb

debwray
                                      Participant

Hi Jen,

Best of wishes

Deb

debwray
                                        Participant

Hi Jen,

Best of wishes

Deb

debwray
                                          Participant

Hi Jen,

Best of wishes

Deb

BrianP
                                            Participant

That is some great news.  Thanks for posting.  Hopefully this is a sign of more great news to come.

BrianP
                                              Participant

That is some great news.  Thanks for posting.  Hopefully this is a sign of more great news to come.

snow white
                                                  Participant

Thanks Brian.  I am hoping the same!

xo Jen

snow white
                                                    Participant

xo Jen

snow white
                                                      Participant

xo Jen

BrianP
                                                      Participant

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

That's great, Jen.  Like Brian said, I hope this is just the start of a very positive trend for your dad!!! c

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

That's great, Jen.  Like Brian said, I hope this is just the start of a very positive trend for your dad!!! c

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

keepthefaith11
                                                              Participant
                                                                Jen, wonderful news! May I ask what the status of the brain mets are?

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                                Participant

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                                  Participant

Annie

snow white
                                                                      Participant

Hi Annie. Every thing in the brain right now is dead or dying, except for the teeny tiny spot that was questionable on the latest CT.  Looks like the Gamma Knife and craniotomy did its job.  Next week he will get a spinal tap to check for Lepto and another ct in 6 weeks along with possible 2 more spinal taps to rule out Lepto.  Hope you are well.j

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                        Participant

Hi Annie. Every thing in the brain right now is dead or dying, except for the teeny tiny spot that was questionable on the latest CT.  Looks like the Gamma Knife and craniotomy did its job.  Next week he will get a spinal tap to check for Lepto and another ct in 6 weeks along with possible 2 more spinal taps to rule out Lepto.  Hope you are well.j

xo Jen

snow white
                                                                          Participant

xo Jen

jbronicki
                                                                          Participant

So glad to hear and good job to you for being such a good caregiver and information source to your dad πŸ™‚

snow white
                                                                              Participant

Thank you Jackie, I really appreciate that!  I am trying my best πŸ™‚

snow white
                                                                                Participant

snow white
                                                                                  Participant

jbronicki
                                                                                  Participant

So glad to hear and good job to you for being such a good caregiver and information source to your dad πŸ™‚

jbronicki
                                                                                    Participant

Scooby123
                                                                                      Participant

So pleased for your dad treatment working . God bless

Scooby x

Scooby123
                                                                                        Participant

Scooby x

Scooby123
                                                                                          Participant

Scooby x

_Paul_
                                                                                            Participant

Jen this is fabulous news. Any win against this stupid disease is a great victory. It is winning one mare battle in the war. Take that melanoma!

Maybe we will see one another in the clinic. I will be wearing a grey Tesla hat. It would be great to say hi!

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                              Participant

Jen this is fabulous news. Any win against this stupid disease is a great victory. It is winning one mare battle in the war. Take that melanoma!

Maybe we will see one another in the clinic. I will be wearing a grey Tesla hat. It would be great to say hi!

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                                                                Participant

– Paul

tschmith
                                                                                                  Participant

Yah Dad!!!!  I hope next week goes well for you and him!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                    Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                      Participant

Terrie

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics