The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

25 yr survivor gets a pass on annual scans

Forums General Melanoma Community 25 yr survivor gets a pass on annual scans

Participant

Good evening all.

Well, it is now officially 8 years since my last recurrence (February 10, 2004 since my last surgery), and I cannot tell you how good it feels.

I remember coming here (the old BB format) in the middle or end of February 2004, to tell how I barely made it through my last surgery, and how sure I was I would be dead in some 18-36 months.

I just had my latest, now annual, scans– whole body PET, and an MRI of the brain. I received the reports in the mail yesterday, and I am clean!!!!!!

Good evening all.

Well, it is now officially 8 years since my last recurrence (February 10, 2004 since my last surgery), and I cannot tell you how good it feels.

I remember coming here (the old BB format) in the middle or end of February 2004, to tell how I barely made it through my last surgery, and how sure I was I would be dead in some 18-36 months.

I just had my latest, now annual, scans– whole body PET, and an MRI of the brain. I received the reports in the mail yesterday, and I am clean!!!!!!

In talking with someone at the local diagnostic radiology clinic the other day, they told me that more and more people are living longer, and actually surviving this nasty hate-monger– MM.

While I've yet to meet any of them, it sure is nice to know….

Hang in there…. Hope exists.

Jesus lives!!!

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Hey Steve,

Congratulations! May you have another 80 yrs 🙂

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
          Participant

Hey Steve,

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
            Participant

Hey Steve,

dian in spokane

piii
              Participant

Steve,

Congrats, I just read your profile and I am impressed how strong an individual you are. Keep up the good fight

Peter

SteveBMe
                  Participant

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

Paul the apostle, in 1 Corinthians 12 says it best– in my mind– he was struggling with some medical malady of his own. He prayed to ask God to heal him.

God said that "My grace is sufficient for you. In your weakness, My strength is made complete."

My "strength" is Gods Grace.

SteveBMe
                    Participant

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

Paul the apostle, in 1 Corinthians 12 says it best– in my mind– he was struggling with some medical malady of his own. He prayed to ask God to heal him.

God said that "My grace is sufficient for you. In your weakness, My strength is made complete."

SteveBMe
                      Participant

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

piii
                      Participant

Steve,

Congrats, I just read your profile and I am impressed how strong an individual you are. Keep up the good fight

Peter

piii
                        Participant

Steve,

Peter

lhaley
                          Participant

What great news to hear!   Hope you stay NED forever.

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Linda

davidfromsingapore
                                Participant

great news.  stay strong!

david

davidfromsingapore
                                  Participant

david

davidfromsingapore
                                    Participant

david

Kelli100299
                                      Participant

Great news! Very inspirational, thanks for sharing.

Kelli100299
                                        Participant

Kelli100299
                                          Participant

Mike N
                                            Participant

So happy to hear it Steve,

Thanks for the post, and all the best going forward.

Mike N

Mike N
                                              Participant

Mike N

Mike N
                                                Participant

Mike N

Linny
                                                  Participant

Thank you for sharing this! May you have many more NED years ahead of you.

Linda

Linny
                                                    Participant

Linda

natasha
                                                        Participant

GOD bless You !!!!!!!

Melanoma ( and any cancer ) – it is  a chance  to save our souls

God will help you to be healthy and live happily !

natasha
                                                          Participant

GOD bless You !!!!!!!

natasha
                                                            Participant

GOD bless You !!!!!!!

Linny
                                                            Participant

Linda

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics