The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 Years NED, Kind of

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 Years NED, Kind of

Participant
      After starting with 7 tumors in my lungs in 2016 I had scans last week and have been NED for 2 years now but in July I did have a melanoma spot removed from my right arm, in SITU. Had second surgery to remove more even though I had 1.5 mm clear margins in the biopsy. I feel bad for posting this as so many on here are going through tough times now but at the same time I want to show there is hope and for some the ipi/nivo does work and fear not the side effects as they are better than melanoma. It has been 1 year since I completed 57 treatments, 5 combo and 52 nivo, and I am still dealing with side effects but no melanoma.
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Thanks so much for posting Hukill!!! And CONGRATS!!!! I seriously hope that you are done with melanoma is ALL it’s Machiavellian forms!!! HOPE is a 4 letter word we can use lots of around here!! love, c
          Casitas1
          Participant
            Congratulations! Well done.

Best, Paul

mandyjill
            Participant
              Hukill,
              It has been a year since I completed my ipi/nivo treatments after being on it a year. I was convinced the side effects were just something I was going to have to deal with for the rest of my life, but have noticed a significant improvement over the last 6 weeks or so.
              MarkR
              Participant
                Thank you for this post
                I’m on Nivo mono at present and they just removed a bit of Mel from my arm near the original scar. It’s been bothering me a lot and with scans in a few weeks have been quite stressed. This gives me some more hope so thank you
                Really pleased for you as well keep up the good work – those in the trenches need some good news every now and again!
                Cheers
                Mark
                lkb
                Participant
                  Congrats on continued “NED, sort of)” and on your vigilance regarding your arm. It’s a reminder to all of us that NED is real, but that even then, we need to stay alert. Thanks for posting.
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Hip Hip! Huraay! Hip Hip! Thats badass Hukill! Theres Hope! And thank you for posting every so often, theres always New folks signing on here to MRF newly diagnosed, scared & even Scared (nervous) to start Immunal Therapies like you just completed! They need to read your posts the most! Please send a message to StudioDad he needs some encouraging for immunal weapons of war!
                    Good to hear from ya!!
                    SOLE
                    Participant
                      Hu, never apologize for any kind of good news! Insitu or not, we all deal with that at some point. But NED inside after two years of combo, you ROCK! I am very hopeful that you are close to the comforting c word.
                      Congratulations!
                      MelMel
                      Participant
                        Great news and thank you for the encouragement!
                        Melanie
                    Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics