The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 Years NED and treatment finished!

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 Years NED and treatment finished!

Participant
      Hey Warriors!!

I truly hope this finds you all taking the fight hard to the enemy and gaining ground toward victory!

I finished Pembro yesterday, the full two-year protocol in the PV-10 / Keytruda study is complete. All scans were good and this marked 2 years now with clear scans. At this point, I move into surveillance (or what I call reconnaissance) mode with scans every 4 months. Dr. Ross was good with 6 months, Dr. Amaria with 3 months, so they compromised with 4 months. Either way, I’ll take it!

I have been an infrequent flyer here over the past several months and have selfishly been investing a lot of time in myself, my wife, and various interests. This does not mean that I have not thought of you all frequently and my prayers continue for all of you still fighting the good fight. Please don’t give up, don’t give in, and relentlessly fight this bastard of a disease by living hard and enjoying life every chance you get.

Warrior On!

Tex

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Good job, you, Tex! Time flies when you’re having fun, huh? So very glad you’re done and that you responded so well!!! Live LARGE indeed. May your reconnaissance remain dull, boring, and with n’ere a tid bit of interest for years and years and years and years to come! celeste

Who knew rose bengal could produce so many BEAUTIFUL colors???????????????????????????????

Coragirl
          Participant
            Yay! Congratulations on completing treatment. Wishing you many, many years of NED and happy times with your friends and fami!y.
            jbronicki
            Participant
              Rock on Tex! So glad to hear that you are done with the 2 year protocol! WOW! Not selfish, just living! Hopefully, not getting too hard hit by Tropical Storm Imelda! Dr. Amaria is always more conservative, she has a heck of a time getting my husband to be compliant 🙂
              marta010
              Participant
                Congrats, Tex! What a momentous occasion. Live Large!

Ann

Summer S.
                Participant
                  Hi Tex,

So happy for you!

This is what I really really needed to hear today,

Warrior On

jennunicorn
                  Participant
                    Yay Tex, so good to hear!! Keep doin you and livin that best life 🙂
                    MelMel
                    Participant
                      Congratulations are in order upon hearing such wonderful news! May your newly found success be long lasting and may you continue to create wonderful memories with your loved ones for many, many years to come.
                      Melanie
                      MichelleRHG
                      Participant
                        Happy for you, Tex!
                        MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Hell yah Tex! Goes to show how well Pembrolizumab can work so well either by itself or in combination like yourself with another med!! Warrior on brother, im right behind ya!….
                          lkb
                          Participant
                            Oh yeah!!! Wishing you NED and Pembro-free forever!
                        Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics