The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf updadte with Doc

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf updadte with Doc

Participant

Had my 2 month checkup with Dr.

Had my 2 month checkup with Dr. Anna Pavalick at NYU Clinical Cancer Center.Very Happy news.As for scans that were done Aug.22 the conclusion is that "Z" is doing its job.There is only a trace of the disease.About 1% detected.Next visit is not till Dec.19.with scans not till late Feb.2013.I have been on full doseage of "Z" 13 1/2   months.I now can go forward wiyh wellness physical checking my choletersol.prostate exam and colonostophy.When originally diagnosed with stage 4 in late Feb.2011 primary doc did not even worry about any other  health issues.Now Dr.Pavalick insist on the phyiscal.We can beat this beast.Too those others who are fighting this disease and offer support it iis the greatest feeling knowing that i am not fighting this alone.Love the support from the cheer leaders who offer words of kindness .support and prayers,Thank God for all the loving family and freinds I have to fall back on in this time of need.  Al

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        WayneG
        Participant

Great news, Al!  Thanks for the update – very encouraging!

Wayne

WayneG
          Participant

Wayne

WayneG
            Participant

Wayne

awillett1991
              Participant
                Great news Al! Congratulations! Physical – what’s that again??

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

hope4cure1
                    Participant

Best news ever, Al.  You deserve it.  Bring on the holiday celebrations!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                      Participant

Hope

hope4cure1
                        Participant

Hope

Tina D
                          Participant

YAY! Good News!! Funny how things like getting a "normal physical" are actually kinda refreshing,haha! Glad for your continued great newssmiley

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

YAY! Good News!! Funny how things like getting a "normal physical" are actually kinda refreshing,haha! Glad for your continued great newssmiley

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

rosa1
                                Participant
                                  Wonderful, love to hear this. Who would ever think to get excited just to have a regular physical! Keep the faith!
                                  rosa1
                                  Participant
                                    Wonderful, love to hear this. Who would ever think to get excited just to have a regular physical! Keep the faith!
                                    rosa1
                                    Participant
                                      rosa1
                                      Participant
                                        rosa1
                                        Participant
                                          rosa1
                                          Participant
                                            triciad
                                            Participant

Al,

Congratulations!  Best wishes for continued good health…even after the physical!  Dr. Pavlick is my doctor, too…just love her!

Tricia

triciad
                                              Participant

Al,

Congratulations!  Best wishes for continued good health…even after the physical!  Dr. Pavlick is my doctor, too…just love her!

Tricia

triciad
                                                Participant

Al,

Tricia

H555
                                                  Participant
                                                    Congratulations! That’s fantastic news. I’m on month 7 and down to one nodule of less than 10mm in my lung. I have great hope to get the kind of results you and Dick are.
                                                    H555
                                                    Participant
                                                      Congratulations! That’s fantastic news. I’m on month 7 and down to one nodule of less than 10mm in my lung. I have great hope to get the kind of results you and Dick are.
                                                      H555
                                                      Participant
                                                        Richard_K
                                                        Participant

Al

Great news.  I'm glad you got the scans all straightened out.  Ha, I know what you mean about your wellness physical.  I had a surgical consult when I first found out about my prostate cancer.  He said given the slow prostate progression and stage IV melanoma, I probably didn’t have to worry about the prostate.  I’m getting ready to schedule my third prostate biopsy.

Good you had your appointment with Dr. Pavlick this week instead of next week.  I'm not looking forward to sharing my trip to NYC with the remnants of Sandy.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                          Participant

Al

Great news.  I'm glad you got the scans all straightened out.  Ha, I know what you mean about your wellness physical.  I had a surgical consult when I first found out about my prostate cancer.  He said given the slow prostate progression and stage IV melanoma, I probably didn’t have to worry about the prostate.  I’m getting ready to schedule my third prostate biopsy.

Good you had your appointment with Dr. Pavlick this week instead of next week.  I'm not looking forward to sharing my trip to NYC with the remnants of Sandy.

Dick

NYKaren
                                                              Participant
                                                                You go Al! I’m so happy for you.
                                                                Have a great weekend.
                                                                Karen
                                                                NYKaren
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Have a great weekend.
                                                                  Karen
                                                                  NYKaren
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Have a great weekend.
                                                                    Karen
                                                                  Richard_K
                                                                  Participant

Al

Dick

Linny
                                                                    Participant

Congrats, Al! This is great news. You're catching up to Dick and giving him a run for his money. yes

Seriously, we need to hear stories like yours. Beat the beast!!!

Linny
                                                                      Participant

Congrats, Al! This is great news. You're catching up to Dick and giving him a run for his money. yes

Linny
                                                                        Participant

kellygrl
                                                                          Participant

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!   ๐Ÿ™‚ 

kellygrl
                                                                            Participant

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!   ๐Ÿ™‚ 

kellygrl
                                                                              Participant

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!   ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics