The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf/Temodar?

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf/Temodar?

Participant

Hi y'all,

Still hanging in, trying to make it to 12/1 without another lung drain. Has anyone done Zelboraf in combo with Temodar?

Side effects, even just on Temodar? Tips? I'm sorry, I know there are posts for Temodar, but I'm too tired to try and find them. I'm still working full time, not sleeping well at all.

BUT, I'm here, and I have so much to be thankful for. Those long, sleepless nights, I pray and list all the small and large joys of each day.

Praying for us all!

TracyLee

Hi y'all,

Still hanging in, trying to make it to 12/1 without another lung drain. Has anyone done Zelboraf in combo with Temodar?

Side effects, even just on Temodar? Tips? I'm sorry, I know there are posts for Temodar, but I'm too tired to try and find them. I'm still working full time, not sleeping well at all.

BUT, I'm here, and I have so much to be thankful for. Those long, sleepless nights, I pray and list all the small and large joys of each day.

Praying for us all!

TracyLee

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        jackiewin
        Participant

I don't know about Zelboraf, but my husband was on Temodar.  The only side effect he had from it was fatigue.   His biggest worry was about losing his hair, which he didn't.

Jackie W

jackiewin
          Participant

I don't know about Zelboraf, but my husband was on Temodar.  The only side effect he had from it was fatigue.   His biggest worry was about losing his hair, which he didn't.

Jackie W

jackiewin
            Participant

Jackie W

paul
              Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I take Temodar pill, 140mg 42 days on/14 days off, on 6th cycle. From what I've heard, which accords with my own experience, it's a drug that most people tolerate well. It's recommended that you take it just before bed, and that if you feel nauseous you take an anti-nauseau pill. That's worked for me.

Paul

paul
                Participant

Hi TracyLee,

I take Temodar pill, 140mg 42 days on/14 days off, on 6th cycle. From what I've heard, which accords with my own experience, it's a drug that most people tolerate well. It's recommended that you take it just before bed, and that if you feel nauseous you take an anti-nauseau pill. That's worked for me.

Paul

paul
                  Participant

Hi TracyLee,

Paul

glewis923
                    Participant

Hey Tracy=   Funny ya bring that up, as just TODAY I started taking Temodar in conjunction with Zelboraf (which i've been taking about 2 mths.)     Taking 350mg / day  for 5 days, then repeat in 3 wks. twice.  Read my new post above for more details.

Take Care-  Grady.

glewis923
                      Participant

Hey Tracy=   Funny ya bring that up, as just TODAY I started taking Temodar in conjunction with Zelboraf (which i've been taking about 2 mths.)     Taking 350mg / day  for 5 days, then repeat in 3 wks. twice.  Read my new post above for more details.

Take Care-  Grady.

glewis923
                        Participant

Take Care-  Grady.

MariaH
                          Participant

My husband is on 160mg of Temodar on 42 days, with 14 days off.  It definitely seems doable, although there is definite fatigue.  Nothing close to the fatigue he had on Interferon though. He takes it right before bed, with compazine.  Nausea the first few times but better now.

Best of luck and remember to get plenty of rest – save your energy for the fun stuff (not the housework!).

Maria

MariaH
                            Participant

My husband is on 160mg of Temodar on 42 days, with 14 days off.  It definitely seems doable, although there is definite fatigue.  Nothing close to the fatigue he had on Interferon though. He takes it right before bed, with compazine.  Nausea the first few times but better now.

Best of luck and remember to get plenty of rest – save your energy for the fun stuff (not the housework!).

Maria

MariaH
                              Participant

Maria

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

TracyLee, the side effects of Temodar are similar to other forms of chemo. These may include poor appetite, nausea and fatigue.

I am getting increasingly concerned that you are still working full time. On one hand, I can see that it is good to keep busy and to take your mind off things. On the other hand, I wonder if you are running down your immune system by not having sufficient rest and relaxation?

A healthy immune system is really important when one is fighting melanoma. For example, Yervoy works by activating the appropriate immune response as it blocks the activity of CTLA-4. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipilimumab).

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

TracyLee, the side effects of Temodar are similar to other forms of chemo. These may include poor appetite, nausea and fatigue.

I am getting increasingly concerned that you are still working full time. On one hand, I can see that it is good to keep busy and to take your mind off things. On the other hand, I wonder if you are running down your immune system by not having sufficient rest and relaxation?

A healthy immune system is really important when one is fighting melanoma. For example, Yervoy works by activating the appropriate immune response as it blocks the activity of CTLA-4. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipilimumab).

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                    Participant

Frank from Australia

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics