The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

what a few months I have had

Forums General Melanoma Community what a few months I have had

Participant
      Hi all, just update not posted a while been feeling rubbish HB blood low had blood transfusions . then started with pain in stomach scans did not show anything but was anemic. Plan was to see GI consultant to check my small bowel. Well did not get there took myself in hospital could not cope with pain. Turned out a nodual tumour blocking my bowels. Started throwing up , 5 litres in one night was transfered to another hospital for emergency op. So had it removed home now bloods seem to now be stable don’t feel like its going down again. Got a cut from belly button down so home recovering. Cannot lift , bend as yet too sore but glad its over with. Appointment 16 th august to see consultant. Hope you all as well has can be.
      Scooby xx
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant

Hi Scooby123! i remember you!, i too was away for a bit but returned a few days ago or so, daaamn1 sounds like youve been through the ringer! like yerself, i to need to keep an eye out for "Mucosal" melanoma, im feeling a lil something near my "back door" entry way, dont know if its from my meds Yervoy/Opdivo or what but, im scared to even get it looked at, i cant emagine a "biopsy" right there!!..hang in there friend! oh, and sorry for the A-HOLE who has used your post as an outlet for his/her "SPAM" meaning whatever its trying to sell to us, them post's need removing! …Mike

Scooby123
            Participant
              Hi Mike , its been quite a jouney for me since having melanoma. Was left a year from my GP despite going 7 times with a mole. If it was delt with might be a different story for me now. Always get checked out does not matter if turns out nothing. I have leart the hard way never wanted to bother docs but not now. Will always have anything checked if worried. Hope treatment going well for you. Keep well my friend.
              Scooby
            Bubbles
            Participant

Gosh, Scooby!!!  That is all so yucky!!!  BUT!  I'm glad they finally figured it out and I hope you will be feeling ever so much better very soon!  Hang in there.  yours, celeste

Scooby123
                Participant
                  Thanks hun, hoping few weeks I will be up and doing normal activities again.
                  Scooby
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics