The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

We lost the fight

Forums General Melanoma Community We lost the fight

Participant

My husband passed away on September 18th, just 9 months after his diagnosis. A brief history: primary mole diagnosed melanoma in situ in 2007, became symptomatic and discovered on December 23, 2014 that it had metastized to his brain, lungs, and spine. He did WBR, SRS, Temodar, and the tafinlar/mekinist combo.

He entered the hospital on Tuesday September 8th (1 day after our 2 year anniversary) and came home to pass away 10 days later. When he entered the hospital, he displayed stroke like symptoms, which was actually a focal seziure and continued to have massive seziures that left him immobile and unable to speak by the time he got home. We always knew the combo would stop working at some point and when it did, we had plans to do more radiation and Keytruda. However, the cancer progressed too fast once we realized and the seziures were too frequent. We didn't have time to react.

He leaves behind his 3 month old daughter and myself (along with 4 brothers and his parents). The world truly lost a great man. He was 35.

I visited these boards regularly and am thankful for all of you who continue to fight the good fight. Keep fighting. I will pray that all of you that are plagued by this awful beast of a disease can one day live melanoma free.

With love,

Kristin

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hello Kirstin,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with all the family.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hello Kirstin,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with all the family.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello Kirstin,

jbronicki
              Participant

Hi Kristin,

My deepest condolences, can't even imagine what you are going through and many hugs for you, your daughter and the rest of the family.  I feel anger just thinking about losing such a special person and a new dad at such a young age to this horrible disease.  I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm sure he felt joy to have you and his daughter in his life and was thankful for your advocacy.

Many hugs,

Jackie

JimsWife
                  Participant

I'm pretty angry too. I hate this for anyone who has to deal with this disease.

Thank you for the kind words.

JimsWife
                    Participant

JimsWife
                      Participant

jbronicki
                      Participant

Hi Kristin,

My deepest condolences, can't even imagine what you are going through and many hugs for you, your daughter and the rest of the family.  I feel anger just thinking about losing such a special person and a new dad at such a young age to this horrible disease.  I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm sure he felt joy to have you and his daughter in his life and was thankful for your advocacy.

Many hugs,

Jackie

jbronicki
                        Participant

Hi Kristin,

Many hugs,

Jackie

Patina
                          Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that Jim lost his fight with this deadly disease.  It takes far too many now, but far fewer that it use to.

I hope the two of you were able to enjoy looking forward to and sharing some time with your new baby. It is bitter sweet, but I'm sure her birth was one of the highlights of his life and I'm glad he was able to share that with you.

My thoughts are with you both.

JimsWife
                              Participant

Thank you. We did enjoy looking forward to our life and I'm glad he got to see her.

JimsWife
                                Participant

Thank you. We did enjoy looking forward to our life and I'm glad he got to see her.

JimsWife
                                  Participant

Patina
                                  Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that Jim lost his fight with this deadly disease.  It takes far too many now, but far fewer that it use to.

I hope the two of you were able to enjoy looking forward to and sharing some time with your new baby. It is bitter sweet, but I'm sure her birth was one of the highlights of his life and I'm glad he was able to share that with you.

Patina
                                    Participant

Fen
                                      Participant

Oh, Kristin, my heart breaks for you and your family.  Sending prayers that you are surrounded by love and support during this awful time.   Fen

JimsWife
                                          Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                            Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                              Participant

Thank you.

Fen
                                              Participant

Oh, Kristin, my heart breaks for you and your family.  Sending prayers that you are surrounded by love and support during this awful time.   Fen

Fen
                                                Participant

jamieth29
                                                  Participant
                                                    These posts are crushing…I’m so sorry.
                                                    jamieth29
                                                    Participant
                                                      jamieth29
                                                      Participant
                                                          tschmith
                                                          Participant

Kristin,

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  You and your family have my sympathy and prayers.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                            Participant

Kristin,

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  You and your family have my sympathy and prayers.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                              Participant

Kristin,

Terrie

JimsWife
                                                                Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                  Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                    Participant

Thank you.

khubes
                                                                    Participant

Kristin,

I am so, so sorry for your loss.  35 is far too young.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. 

With love,

Katie 

JimsWife
                                                                        Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                          Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                            Participant

Thank you.

khubes
                                                                            Participant

Kristin,

I am so, so sorry for your loss.  35 is far too young.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. 

With love,

Katie 

khubes
                                                                              Participant

Kristin,

With love,

Katie 

Mat
                                                                                Participant

Kristin, I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Mat
                                                                                  Participant

JimsWife
                                                                                      Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                        Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                          Participant

Thank you.

Mat
                                                                                          Participant

CHD
                                                                                            Participant

Kristin, I am so sad to hear this and so sorry for your loss.

Cheri

CHD
                                                                                              Participant

Cheri

JimsWife
                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you.

CHD
                                                                                                      Participant

Cheri

BrianP
                                                                                                        Participant

I'm so sorry Kristin.  I'll be praying for you and your daughter.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                          Participant

Brian

JimsWife
                                                                                                              Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you.

BrianP
                                                                                                                  Participant

Brian

JoshF
                                                                                                                    Participant

Sorry for your loss. Just heartbreaking to hear. All the best.

Josh

Debbieamccoy
                                                                                                                        Participant

I'm so sorry please stay strong for your daughter , my prayers are with you

Debbieamccoy
                                                                                                                          Participant

Debbieamccoy
                                                                                                                            Participant

JimsWife
                                                                                                                              Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you.

JoshF
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Josh

stars
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Very sad news, Kristin. My heart goes out to you.

Stars

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thank you.

stars
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Stars

stars
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Stars

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Kristin,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. Wishing you both the best. Stay strong!

Love,

Rosa

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you. I'm trying to stay strong.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Kristin,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. Wishing you both the best. Stay strong!

Love,

Rosa

rosa1
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Kristin,

Love,

Rosa

yazziemac
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry, Kristin.  I lost my husband, Pete, on May 29/15.  I'm sure you are in shock right now and will have many difficult days of mourning ahead of you.  If you ever want to reach out for some support, feel free to email me.

Yasmin

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you Yasmin. And I am very sorry to hear you lost Pete. It's just so unfair.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you Yasmin. And I am very sorry to hear you lost Pete. It's just so unfair.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

yazziemac
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I'm so sorry, Kristin.  I lost my husband, Pete, on May 29/15.  I'm sure you are in shock right now and will have many difficult days of mourning ahead of you.  If you ever want to reach out for some support, feel free to email me.

Yasmin

yazziemac
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Yasmin

mdoh
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Kristin – I am so sorry for your loss.  35 is too young; so unfair.

*A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. ~Maya Angelou

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you.

JimsWife
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you.

mdoh
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

*A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. ~Maya Angelou

mdoh
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

so sorry for your loss.

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

so sorry for your loss.

scooby

Scooby123
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

so sorry for your loss.

scooby

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Kristin. I am so sorry. Your post hit close to home – I was diagnosed Stage IV on December 11, 2014. I currently have an almost 3 year old and a 10 month old. I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

Lots of love,

Ashley 

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hi Kristin. I am so sorry. Your post hit close to home – I was diagnosed Stage IV on December 11, 2014. I currently have an almost 3 year old and a 10 month old. I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

Lots of love,

Ashley 

AshleyS
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Lots of love,

Ashley 

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh Kristen ,

I am so sorry for you. It's not fair.

You may find some a grief support group may  help. You can google them. Here is a link I found for Louisville http://www.griefshare.org/countries/us/states/ky/cities/louisville, even though I can't vouch for it.

– Paul 

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Oh Kristen ,

You may find some a grief support group may  help. You can google them. Here is a link I found for Louisville http://www.griefshare.org/countries/us/states/ky/cities/louisville, even though I can't vouch for it.

– Paul 

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh Kristen ,

– Paul 

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics