The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on nmy progress with “Z”

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on nmy progress with “Z”

Participant

Had scans last Wed. on  8/22.Saw Dr.Pavalick yesterday at NYU Clinical Cancer Center and she was unsure of the results to the scans.Will be getting some of the  questions answered within the next week.The way she reads the report I am at least stable but may be NED.Will wait till I hear from her before I do my happy dance as she calls it if I get to that point.For a time line for all you out there I am 11 days short of 1 year on "Z".God has been good to me and I keep all of us on this site in my prayers.I fight this cancer with the love ,support and help of my sweet

Had scans last Wed. on  8/22.Saw Dr.Pavalick yesterday at NYU Clinical Cancer Center and she was unsure of the results to the scans.Will be getting some of the  questions answered within the next week.The way she reads the report I am at least stable but may be NED.Will wait till I hear from her before I do my happy dance as she calls it if I get to that point.For a time line for all you out there I am 11 days short of 1 year on "Z".God has been good to me and I keep all of us on this site in my prayers.I fight this cancer with the love ,support and help of my sweetheart , family  and all of you.Will hopefully give you awesome news as soon as I find out sometime next week.Beat the Beast.    Al

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

Well, we'll be ready to dance with you!

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

triciad
              Participant

Al,

So happy to hear the good news…I'm getting my dancing shoes ready…keep us posted!

Tricia

triciad
                Participant

Al,

So happy to hear the good news…I'm getting my dancing shoes ready…keep us posted!

Tricia

triciad
                  Participant

Al,

Tricia

Bruce Davis
                    Participant
                      So glad to hear about your great fortune with Z. We are blessed to be living at such an exciting time. I started Z the middle of Sept. last year also. Live in a relatively small town and can get results from most CT scans the next day. The CT scan from 8/29 showed a couple of nodules in the lungs @ 4 mm or less. The largest shrunk from 4 cm to 4 mm 3 months after starting Z.
                      I hope everyone does this well with Z.
                      Bruce Davis
                      Participant
                        So glad to hear about your great fortune with Z. We are blessed to be living at such an exciting time. I started Z the middle of Sept. last year also. Live in a relatively small town and can get results from most CT scans the next day. The CT scan from 8/29 showed a couple of nodules in the lungs @ 4 mm or less. The largest shrunk from 4 cm to 4 mm 3 months after starting Z.
                        Bruce Davis
                        Participant
                          awillett1991
                          Participant
                            Awesome news Al. I will get results Tuesday from my second set of 8 week scans. Congrats!
                            awillett1991
                            Participant
                              Awesome news Al. I will get results Tuesday from my second set of 8 week scans. Congrats!
                              awillett1991
                              Participant
                                lhaley
                                Participant

Great news!     Tonight was my 8 day.  

Dancing with you,

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Dancing with you,

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Dancing with you,

Linda

dellriol
                                      Participant

Great news!

dellriol
                                        Participant

Great news!

Karin L
                                            Participant

Awesome news!!!  Keep us posted please!  Today is my first day….not even on the 2nd 4pill dose yet : ).  Gosh, I hope it works!

Karin

Karin L
                                              Participant

Awesome news!!!  Keep us posted please!  Today is my first day….not even on the 2nd 4pill dose yet : ).  Gosh, I hope it works!

Karin

Karin L
                                                Participant

Karin

dellriol
                                                Participant

Great news!

H555
                                                  Participant
                                                    ‘I’m about to start month 6 and feeling quite well most days. My radiation onc dr. Told us in march that if nothing changed this would be my last summer. My body has responded well and and my 8 week scans showed that 95% of my masse and nodules in my lungs were gone and the remainder were few and small. Last week’s scan were more of the same. I’m very very thankful and glad to see a growing number of us.
                                                    H555
                                                    Participant
                                                      ‘I’m about to start month 6 and feeling quite well most days. My radiation onc dr. Told us in march that if nothing changed this would be my last summer. My body has responded well and and my 8 week scans showed that 95% of my masse and nodules in my lungs were gone and the remainder were few and small. Last week’s scan were more of the same. I’m very very thankful and glad to see a growing number of us.
                                                      H555
                                                      Participant
                                                        H555
                                                        Participant
                                                          H555
                                                          Participant
                                                            H555
                                                            Participant
                                                                NYKaren
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Al, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.
                                                                  karen
                                                                  Retired41505
                                                                  Participant

Thinking good thoughts.. . .hang in there!!

Retired41505
                                                                    Participant

Retired41505
                                                                      Participant

NYKaren
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          karen
                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            karen
                                                                          aldakota22
                                                                          Participant

Would like to thank everyone especially those who replied.Definitely puts me in a positve state of being.Know that I will be doing that happy dance very soon.Nothing would make me happier  than to have you all dancing with me.Keeping you in my prayers.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                                                            Participant

Would like to thank everyone especially those who replied.Definitely puts me in a positve state of being.Know that I will be doing that happy dance very soon.Nothing would make me happier  than to have you all dancing with me.Keeping you in my prayers.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                                                              Participant

Ali
                                                                                Participant

So happy for you Al!  Best of luck this week!  I'm thinking NED!!!

Ali

Ali
                                                                                  Participant

Ali

Ali
                                                                                    Participant

Ali

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics